• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

aCid

Aug 18, 2018
Canada
how? It's auto now,

Juro brings it up when Shiba talks to him which is the first thing he does
Just so you know, I sort of answered this a few posts ago:

once you learn about the break area, it automatically defaults to mentioning it to Shiba every time you start the checkpoint in the classroom.

I actually managed to circumvent this by rushing to get my bag and step out of the classroom first thing as soon as the checkpoint loads. If you do this, you get the option to go back to the cafeteria.
Hope that helps

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, I thought Morimura wasn't THAT bad, but then I saw her running animation in a different outfit & laughed as I got flashbacks to the sorceress' running animation from Dragon's Crown.

Edit: wait, not Morimura, a different woman.....I think? Still, it was kind of hilarious how exaggerated her animation was.

I also kind of wish there was a few more checkpoints, mainly seeing just how many different paths a character has, then getting a choice to see there's even MORE split paths.

Last edited:

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
how? It's auto now,

Juro brings it up when Shiba talks to him which is the first thing he does
Just leave the classroom! But it's just a daily life. Will auto fill later.

Oh man, I thought Morimura wasn't THAT bad, but then I saw her running animation in a different outfit & laughed as I got flashbacks to the sorceress' running animation from Dragon's Crown.

Edit: wait, not Morimura, a different woman.....I think? Still, it was kind of hilarious how exaggerated her animation was.

I also kind of wish there was a few more checkpoints, mainly seeing just how many different paths a character has, then getting a choice to see there's even MORE split paths.
Lmao your edit.. buckle up kid.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So is the third Destruction Area optional to beat the game? I have all but Takatoshi complete and I have the requirements to finish his story bit.

Oct 25, 2017

"Paths" aren't really paths. In almost all circumstances the different branches are sequentially after the earlier paths. It only shows it on the plot tree as a branch.

You can go back to specific nodes with Square but it isn't as helpful as you think other than as a previous scene viewer.

Last edited:

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
This was me after making some more story progress tonight.

612k.gif

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Still on the fence about whether I want to buy this now or wait. Is this PS4 Pro enhanced? The PSN store page says so but I can't find any specifics.

Nevermind, I see someone else answered.
According to the PS4 Pro enhancement thread it's running at 4K, though UI, display, effects are running at a lower res.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I pre-ordered this a little while back as I'm concerned that it may get a tiny print being a niche game near the end of the PS4 lifecycle. My copy still hasn't shipped yet though.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Just past the prologue, quick early mechanics question:

If I see a branch in a story, can I always access that branch somehow? Or do I need to do something somewhere else to open them? How can I tell if a branch is accessible?

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just past the prologue, quick early mechanics question:

If I see a branch in a story, can I always access that branch somehow? Or do I need to do something somewhere else to open them? How can I tell if a branch is accessible?
If you select the ???? chapter it will tell you what keyword you need. (though a few don't)

Cascadero

Nov 8, 2017
Still really enjoying this, lots of twists and turns as you piece together the story puzzle

One gripe I have with the game (refers to a specific part of the game)
the bits set in 1944 Japan are quite gross though as I really highlights the revisionist view on historical events.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Drinking game

Take a shot every time someone blushes

2 shots if it's a girl

3 shots if it's Iori

Oct 25, 2017
Nenji's story might be favorite so far from the ones I've completed, even if he's just the "delinquent with a heart of gold" trope.

GNOSIS

Oct 29, 2017
Just bought it the other day. It's so good. Love the story so far. I even like the combat. It's quite challenging when I put it on Intense.

This is my first full price game I bought in years.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
I'm in the latter half of Juro's story finally and I think I've finally hit my first "oh shit" moment. This game is wild.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused, regarding Juro's story.

So I just hit the gate where you need 30% with 9 protagonists. The one event I had trouble getting was the second cafeteria event, not the freeloaders one. The problem now is that Juro tells Shiba about the break room when the event instantly starts. When I can play his story again, how can I get back to the cafeteria?

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
I'm confused, regarding Juro's story.

So I just hit the gate where you need 30% with 9 protagonists. The one event I had trouble getting was the second cafeteria event, not the freeloaders one. The problem now is that Juro tells Shiba about the break room when the event instantly starts. When I can play his story again, how can I get back to the cafeteria?
So the second event you're missing is a dead end that leads to an event that's just called "daily life", basically they leave the cafeteria and it just ends there. It's very inconsequential and to my understanding when you complete the other "important" events it auto fills it. You missed no meaningful dialogue from it, it basically just says something like "and then they went home and watched movies", so you shouldn't be too concerned. Though it's slightly annoying it doesn't just let you fill it yourself.

From what I have gathered, you cannot "miss" any actual impactful events, only these daily life ones that lead to nothing at all.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
$60 for a 20 - 30 hour visual novel with little replay value is hard for this broke bitch to justify.
It's not 20 hours even rushing it. I usually beat games faster than what hltb reports and it took me 35 hours. Probably due in part to Intense difficulty battles taking so much longer but still.

And there is plenty of replay value. Each mission has secret objectives and incentives to replay them. Then after you beat the game you unlock a lot more levels.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
No point in following the story anymore lmao, they pulled the AI: Somnium Files final twist too quick xD I'm just gonna stop speculating & just enjoy.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
So the second event you're missing is a dead end that leads to an event that's just called "daily life", basically they leave the cafeteria and it just ends there. It's very inconsequential and to my understanding when you complete the other "important" events it auto fills it. You missed no meaningful dialogue from it, it basically just says something like "and then they went home and watched movies", so you shouldn't be too concerned. Though it's slightly annoying it doesn't just let you fill it yourself.

From what I have gathered, you cannot "miss" any actual impactful events, only these daily life ones that lead to nothing at all.
I just hope it gets filled in since I have OCD about it being blank still.

Regardless, played another 3 hours tonight and I'm loving it. Have no idea where the story goes and the battles are fun!

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I think I have like 5ish hours left and holy shit man. I'm still being impressed by what it happening and figuring everything out.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Okay, just finished the prologue and I'm kinda overwhelmed at the moment. Don't even know where to start between the battles and this crazy-ass story. I'm utterly fascinated by everything though, this game is one of a kind.

I figure I should just alternate between advancing some of the character's stories and doing the combat missions?

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Please reconsider your love, the retro RTS esque segments can be really fun & sometimes they reveal more story/character than remembrance.

I wouldn't go that far lol but they do give out details and hints for where the story is going and there's lots of fun banter between the characters.

Last edited:

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Still in the first third of the game I think, enjoying it but definitely confusing keeping track of all the different periods and characters.

There's no order for the story right? Right now I'm trying to do the characters as evenly as possible but not sure if I should finish one before moving on.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Still in the first third of the game I think, enjoying it but definitely confusing keeping track of all the different periods and characters.

There's no order for the story right? Right now I'm trying to do the characters as evenly as possible but not sure if I should finish one before moving on.

There is no exact order but sometimes progression will be locked by another story.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I've preferred playing as much of a character as I can at a time personally.

Kind of thinking they should've made Juro the main character for a little longer, though. I kept him to the end since the game seemed to be positioning him as the "main" character, and by saving him until the end there's something veeery obvious going on lol. It's fine though haha, I know I still have no idea about so much more.

Oct 28, 2017
After finishing this game I am beyond impressed with it. I've associated Vanillaware with 2D artwork, decent gameplay, some interesting settings but never for the plot but man I hope Vanillaware does more visual novels!

Wikipedia says that George Kamitani wrote this game himself which is beyond impressive to me since it's leagues above anything else Vanillaware has ever put out in terms of story. I enjoyed Grim Grimoire and Odin Sphere's stories but this is like stuff I'd expect from a well known game writer the likes of Uchikoshi or Kodaka, and this game handily beats any other visual novel like game I can recall.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
After finishing this game I am beyond impressed with it. I've associated Vanillaware with 2D artwork, decent gameplay, some interesting settings but never for the plot but man I hope Vanillaware does more visual novels!

Wikipedia says that George Kamitani wrote this game himself which is beyond impressive to me since it's leagues above anything else Vanillaware has ever put out in terms of story. I enjoyed Grim Grimoire and Odin Sphere's stories but this is like stuff I'd expect from a well known game writer the likes of Uchikoshi or Kodaka, and this game handily beats any other visual novel like game I can recall.
I'm loving 13 Sentinels, but I really don't want them to prioritize visual novels going forward. This is a really cool departure for the small team, but I definitely prefer their action-RPG combat much more.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I have gotten about 10 hours into 13 Sentinels and here is some of the stuff that has taken away from the experience:
Iori's underwear is shown when she bumps into someone during her prologue, the nurse's clothing is too small, Juro is literally staring the nurse's cleavage down in a scene, and one female character is talking about how some bad guys want to take something she has a dissect it while a male character misinterprets her as saying she will be dissected and thinks about how that would require her to be undressed which makes him blush.

Over all though, I am enjoying the experience and the plot stuff I am learning makes me feel like this:

6db_3.jpg

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Been playing remembrance all the way until I get blocked. So far I am reaching 50% for some characters.

Just thinking if I should finish destruction first. The prologue of destruction seems to call back on remembrance scenes.

Should I just keep going with remembrance?

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing remembrance all the way until I get blocked. So far I am reaching 50% for some characters.

Just thinking if I should finish destruction first. The prologue of destruction seems to call back on remembrance scenes.

Should I just keep going with remembrance?
Honestly, there's no good order, although I've done as much Remembrance as I could before going into Destruction, if only to have a general sense of who the characters were.

If you only play one of two modes, the game will eventually force you to play the other, as both modes have several locks that depend on advancing the other.

So don't sweat it too much.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
After finishing the prologue I'm just focusing on the adventure mode, I suppose I'll reach a point where every character would be locked until I advance on battle mode.

Really loving the game, only thing that worries me is that after the first battle after the prologue, only the characters on the "attack team" levelled up, but I don't know how important that would be on the long run.

Oct 25, 2017
After finishing the prologue I'm just focusing on the adventure mode, I suppose I'll reach a point where every character would be locked until I advance on battle mode.

Really loving the game, only thing that worries me is that after the first battle after the prologue, only the characters on the "attack team" levelled up, but I don't know how important that would be on the long run.

The Brain Overload mechanic and Bonus Objectives strongly push for rotating your team, and there's always a little blurb on what type of enemy will show up in the next fight.

Doomburrito

Feb 9, 2018
This game is basically a vehicle for delivering plot twists and I love it.

One thing that bugs me and I REALLY hope is explained by a later plot element:

Not a huge fan of some scenes repeating. An example being in Yuki's scenario where they have the scene of her meeting Erika Aiba multiple times. I assume there is some sort of time-loop shenanigans in play, but if not, I'll be bummed. I know branching routes are kind of a classic part of VNs, but for a game so heavy on plot and mystery as this, I'd like there to be one cohesive timeline by the end (unless, of course, time loops).

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Loving the game so far (only played some prologues), but I'm surprised at Atlus using honorifics, it has a cheap fansub vibe at times. Localization is great so far, but this detail feels so strange to me.