• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Harusame

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, Canada
Quite surprising news. Definitely going to buy 13 Sentinels on Day 1 for the Switch. I was really hoping for the game to be ported to the Switch, so this news is quite pleasing.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah like not buying it, since people are fine with doing that with Switch games for whatever reason.
I know it's hard for some of y'all not to conflate emulation and piracy, which continues to be odd cause you can play pirated games on the console itself, but they literally said "buying it on Switch".

Jul 21, 2021
I think having it portable is great and I'm happy to see this game have potential to reach an entirely new audience, but the impact of this game's visuals viewed on a big screen shouldn't be understated. Vanillaware's art is incredible, never before have I been so enraptured by the visuals of a 2D game.

CONCHOBAR

Oct 25, 2017
While I would've preferred having it on Switch, I just picked it up for $13 from GameStop so you won't catch me complaining. I'm glad that the game will be able to reach a wider audience, given all the massive praise I've heard for it. Can't wait to find the time to experience it myself.

HOTSPUR

Oct 25, 2017
I never even finished it on ps4 and im still buying this day one. beautiful game. actually, im about to restart it and finish it while im sick!

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
User Banned (5 Days): Equating emulation with piracy over multiple posts
I know it's hard for some of y'all not to conflate emulation and piracy, which continues to be odd cause you can play pirated games on the console itself, but they literally said "buying it on Switch".

The former is in most cases easier than the latter, that's why.

sOba

Oct 28, 2017
Italy
salty-ish because I waited for a switch port for ages and just caved in a while ago and got it on ps4.
I would have loved to play this on the go

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Awesome, I'm still disappointed they canceled the Vita version because the game took so long to come out. =/ I was looking to possibly pick this up for PS4 finally but I'll just wait on the switch version.

Oct 25, 2017
In the past I've also been duped by other users into "asking questions" about Switch software emulation which led to getting banned, too.

Good times.

Happy for fans of the game, it seems interesting from what has been said and will definitely grab it for Switch when I can. If anything the threads about it deter potential buyers like me because it really does seem like the less you know the better time you will have, yes?

Lordciego

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Adored this game, good news that we are getting Atlus ports. The only problem is that switch is going to struggle in some battlrs, It already did in base PS4.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In the past I've also been duped by other users into "asking questions" about Switch software emulation which led to getting banned, too.

Good times.

Happy for fans of the game, it seems interesting from what has been said and will definitely grab it for Switch when I can. If anything the threads about it deter potential buyers like me because it really does seem like the less you know the better time you will have, yes?
It's a one of a kind sort of game. Best not to know the tricks it has up its elaborate, intricately calculated sleeve.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Sweet news! Will definitely pick this up!

Can we get Dragons Crown Pro too?
And Odin Sphere Leifthrasir? Plus Muramasa Rebirth from Vita?

I would kill for the rest of Vanillaware's library on the Switch.
Me too.

Clearly the Nintendo Switch is doing unprecedented record sales in Japan and that is starting to bear fruit to all of the other regions around the world as well in the form of powerful hitting software. The Switch is the DS/PS2 of the modern era.
It still boggles the mind why Japanese 3rd party publishers like Bandai Namco & Atlus just straight up ignores putting their games like Persona 5: The Royal on Switch, the most popular platform while always pandering to PlayStation, in which the entire brand is in decline over in Japan.

Last edited:

TΛPIVVΛ

Nov 12, 2017
Pretty stoked about this, dragons crown for vita was one of my last vanillaware joints and heard this got canceled for vita, could never find a physical for my ps5 since launch almost jumped on black sale but my SwitchOLED sense was tingling as i prefer it for these sorts of games these days!

I will not hesitate for a physical copy on switch this time around patience + backlog is key :)

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Switch version has 26 additional Skills, two per character.

www.atlus.co.jp

『十三機兵防衛圏』Nintendo Switch版「追加兵装」26種類 公開! | アトラス公式サイト

2022年4月14日(木)発売予定の『十三機兵防衛圏』Nintendo Switch版について、ゲーム内容はPlayStation®4版と同様ですが、おまけ要素として「崩壊編」のバトルで使用可能な「兵...

Megumi seems to have good armor penetrating abilities now which was here main weakness considering she didn't have Leg Spikes like the other G4s so she'll have more versatility. Ryoko seems to be able to straight up take control of enemy units so she's probably even more overpowered. Renya has a teleport that lets him move him and allies but I can't think of a good use for that. Nenji and Sekigahara have some AoE ranged abilities now (though only ground based) so they have some more versatility I suppose though I don't think they're good enough to change things much. The rest all seem like they're good updates in terms of stats but nothing that should change strategy compared to vanilla unless there are other balance changes. Nothing that fixes how G3 still seems completely underpowered and not particularly useful compared to the rest.

Also, it sounds like this is the only change in content compared to the PS4 version. And the screen shots make it look like the enemy count is also the same.

Last edited:

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Perfect game for the Switch. Got my platinum though, so won't be returning to it, but highly recommend it to those who haven't tried it yet. An absolute gem of the last generation.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018

www.atlus.co.jp

2022年4月14日(木)発売予定の『十三機兵防衛圏』Nintendo Switch版について、ゲーム内容はPlayStation®4版と同様ですが、おまけ要素として「崩壊編」のバトルで使用可能な「兵...

Megumi seems to have good armor penetrating abilities now which was here main weakness considering she didn't have Leg Spikes like the other G4s so she'll have more versatility. Ryoko seems to be able to straight up take control of enemy units so she's probably even more overpowered. Renya has a teleport that lets him move him and allies but I can't think of a good use for that. Nenji and Sekigahara have some AoE ranged abilities now (though only ground based) so they have some more versatility I suppose though I don't think they're good enough to change things much. The rest all seem like they're good updates in terms of stats but nothing that should change strategy compared to vanilla unless there are other balance changes. Nothing that fixes how G3 still seems completely underpowered and not particularly useful compared to the rest.

Also, it sounds like this is the only change in content compared to the PS4 version. And the screen shots make it look like the enemy count is also the same.

Will these updates make it to the PS4 version as well?

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit... didnt know this was announced for switch. Didnt want to get it for ps cause of all reading. But handheld will be perfect for it

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017

www.atlus.co.jp

? Missile rain and Big Missile clear 99% on the enemies in one go.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
? Missile rain and Big Missile clear 99% on the enemies in one go.

They take too much EP/WT. Spamming interceptors/sentries to take down smaller enemies with G2/G4 and having G1s jumping around the map with Leap and attacking large enemies using Demolisher Blade after Limiter is much more effective.

kidnemo

Dec 11, 2017
Held off and held off and held off buying this in hopes of a switch port...

...finally bought it on the Friday literally the day before they announced it for 19 from gamestop. So you can all thank me for that.

Luckily I didn't open it, so no harm done. Just gotta return it.

I have a bunch of other stuff to play first, so I don't mind paying more and waiting for a bit.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Fantastic game, and one of my favorites of last year! For me, it's might be Vanillaware's best game, although I've loved all of them!

It's one of the few games I actually beat last year from my massive backlog of titles. I highly recommend it!

TΛPIVVΛ

Nov 12, 2017
just tried the demo on my SWOLED with my JPN account looks and runs amazing! Surprised they got it to 60fps on handheld haven't tried docked yet but its a looker definitely in day one once its released story and premise looks interesting

vitacola

May 23, 2018
l.sn.de