• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
www.statesman.com

At least one of two suspects is a juvenile in Austin shooting that injured 14

At least 14 people were shot, some critically injured, in a mass shooting in Austin. No fatalities were reported as of 5 a.m., authorities say.

Up to 13 people were shot early Saturday in downtown Austin in a chaotic scene that left Austin police officers taking some of the wounded in police cars to the hospital.

The shooter or shooters remain at large, and detectives were working rapidly to view an array of video gathered by bystanders and other cameras near the scene in the 400 block of East Sixth Street to identify any suspects. Authorities say the shooter appears to have fired randomly.

Austin-Travis County EMS medics responded at 1:25 a.m. to what they described as an "active attack." Medics took four people to the hospital by ambulance, Austin police took six others to the hospital and three were taken by private vehicle, EMS officials said.

Mar 10, 2018
It's just a trip to wake up from a night of sleep only to discover that you're in another nightmare. And it's become normal. Put on your bulletproof vest and carry on.

Hopefully the injured make full recoveries.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Just saw this on CNN, and of course right now they're running a segment on the remembering the Pulse shooting. Just American things

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who is anxious, how can one leave his home in Texas without thinking of not returning?

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Damn, IIRC that's the most vibrant part of town, that's where I partied. Tons of people out on the streets. Thankfully no one died.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
Geez, why are there so many shooting in Texas all of a sudd—oh…that's right.

I hope the victims are all OK.

The law you are, likely, referring to hasn't taken effect yet.

This is just America being America.

Hopefully, the injured will be okay and have a speedy recovery.

As someone who is anxious, how can one leave his home in Texas without thinking of not returning?

I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder and I just take everything a day at a time. I'll probably eventually leave here

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Has 6th Street changed? Aren't there usually police at either end and all around there? Seems to lend credence to the idea that they don't prevent anything if so.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit I was down there last night when this happened. I had no idea this had even happened