• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Twingsy

Oct 27, 2017
Moon
f0faf46f0f2863aba63ad8cbad401496-768-80.jpg

The Sequel To This Thread

No Straight Roads
Developer: Metronomik
Publisher: Sold Out

www.youtube.com

No Straight Roads | "BitSummit Gaiden" Trailer

Start a rock band. End the EDM empire! NO STRAIGHT ROADS available on PS4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PC via the Epic Games Store. Check out the brand new...
No Straight Roads is a music-based action title in which you play as Maday and Zuke trying to take down the tyrannical No Straight Roads Records. In this world music powers the cities; But the elites of NSR keep most of it for themselves. After a citywide energy blackout, the duo decides to take down the NSR's music empire with the power of rock. Directed by ex-Square employee Wan Hazmer, a lead designer on FFXV.

Utawarerumono trilogy
Developer: Aquaplus
Publisher: Atlus

www.youtube.com

Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception | Launch Trailer | PS4

Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception is a grand tale that will enchant the hearts and minds of players as it takes them on an incredible journey. With a beautifu...
The Utawarerumono trilogy is a tightly packed series of SRPGs that lean very heavily into the VN territory. You get to meet an entire bible's worth of interesting characters as Hakuoro, who gets tangled up in the plight of geopolitical politics, monarchs, love and revenge - the good stuff. The set will surely last you for over hundred hours of fun. Also available on Vita.

White Day: A Labyrinth Named School
Developer: Sonnori
Publisher: PQube

www.youtube.com

White Day: A Labyrinth Named School - New Adventure Trailer

This all-time classic has now been completely remade with expanded gameplay features and new content – including an all-new unlockable sequel story. Ji-min Y...
This Korean-indie classic was fully remade with modern graphics for PlayStation 4.

Destiny Connect: The Tick-Tock Travelers
Developer: NIS
Publisher: NISA

www.youtube.com

Destiny Connect: Tick-Tock Travelers - Launch Trailer | PS4

Out Now!Learn more @ https://nisamerica.com/games/destiny-connect/A town frozen in time. An army of hostile machines. An entire timeline to explore. No press...
This cute JRPG may be aimed at an audience that's 35 years younger than the Average ResetEra visitor, but is still great fun. As time suddenly stops, Sherry and her time-travelling robot companion Isaac muster up the courage to fix time and return they home to normal.

The Sojourn
Developer: Shifting Tides
Publisher: Iceberg Interactive

www.youtube.com

The Sojourn - Launch Trailer | PS4

Immerse yourself in The Sojourn - a thought-provoking puzzle game set in a color-drenched world of light and shadow. Available now on PS4. https://www.thesoj...
The Soujourn is a light-based first-person puzzle game. Not only that, but there are also two dimensions in its world, as in Metroid Prime 2. If you liked games such as The Talos Principle and The Witness, this should be right up your alley.

République
Developer: Camouflaj
www.youtube.com

République Launch Trailer (EU - English)

About the game: Now that République is on PS4™, players can finally take full control of Hope, a young woman held captive inside Metamorphosis, a shadowy tot...
République is an adventure-stealth game where you play the aptly named Hope; Try to escape the 1984-style totalitarian state by sneaking, hacking, and other video game things.

Bladed Fury
Developer: Next Studios
Publisher: PM

www.youtube.com

Bladed Fury Trailer

An action game set in the Ancient China, bringing players addictive experiences with its unique Chinese traditional art-style and sound design. Steam link: h...
This is a 2D-HNS, in the same veins as a Vanillaware title or Icey, taking place in Warring States period.

Northgard
Developer: Shiro Games
Publisher: Merge Games

youtu.be

Northgard - Announce Trailer | PS4

Northgard, the revolutionary Strategy Game is finally coming to PS4! Build your settlement, gather resources, survive harsh winters and defeat your enemies i...
This is a sort-of introductionary 4X/City-Builder/RTS-type title, leaning more on the more comfortable side to play compared to its comparatives Stronghold and Age of Empires. It's only one of the very few that's playable on console. If you've had an passing interest in the genre, but didn't feel like playing on PC and reading up wikis, this one's for you.

Disaster Report 4
Developer: Granzella

www.youtube.com

Disaster Report 4: Summer Memories - Gameplay Trailer | PS4

Learn more @ https://nisamerica.com/disaster-report/In Disaster Report 4: Summer Memories, every action you take and decision you make matters! Interact with...
An Earthquake hits Japan - survive. In this rare type of adventure game, you'll get to experience various interesting stories and scenarios, all while having to take care of your thirst, hunger and stool.

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow comes Today
Develper: Daedalic
Publisher: Badlands Games

www.youtube.com

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow comes Today - Release Trailer

Check out the release trailer for Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow comes Today. Visit all of our channels: Features & Reviews - http://www.youtube.com/user/games...
Well, just watch the trailer. An endlessly captivating post-apocalytic point and click adventure with an enthralling narrative.

Psyvariar Delta
Developer: Success
Publisher: Dispatch Games

youtu.be

Psyvariar Delta - Final Trailer

Check out the final trailer for Psyvariar Delta - coming to the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 in late September!Visit our store at readytodispatch.com to...
Do you miss the bullet hell experiences of yesteryear? Well, Psyvariar Delta is an updated console release of an arcade shmup by Success, original released in the 2000s.

Dusk Diver
Developer: JFi Games
Publsiher: PQube

www.youtube.com

Dusk Diver - Launch Trailer | PS4

https://store.playstation.com/en-GB/product/EP4293-CUSA16554_00-DUSKDIVER1000PRE Dusk Diver is a vibrant action RPG which takes place in the iconic streets o...
This Taiwanese indie title mixes the exploration and style of Persona with musou-esque combat gauntlets, making it a rather zeiny hack n' slash experience.

Bonus:
Bud Spencer & Terence Hill - Slaps And Beans
Developer: Trinity Team
Publisher: Strictly Limited Games

www.youtube.com

Bud Spencer & Terence Hill - Slaps and Beans - Official Trailer

Enjoy the Steam Full Release!https://store.steampowered.com/app/564050/Bud_Spencer__Terence_Hill__Slaps_And_Beans/
Get to play as the fantastic late Bud Spencer and Terence Hill in this old-school beat 'em up. It's a short but great game. Unfortunately, just a limited release.

Last edited:

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Republique's been delisted from PSN, hasn't it? So tracking down a physical copy is the only way to get it at the moment.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Disaster Report 4 is a strange but interesting trip, fun adventure game but really spotty quality and tone.

Res-bot

Nov 11, 2017
Republique's been delisted from PSN, hasn't it? So tracking down a physical copy is the only way to get it at the moment.
Yeah at one point I was interested in playing it but couldn't find it on the store. Why was it delisted? Seems like the best way for small games to get found is to at least be available online. Retailer just don't have the space to stock a wide variety of games.

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
For me thread title checks out. But I don't know how likely I am to play any of these.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Yeah at one point I was interested in playing it but couldn't find it on the store. Why was it delisted? Seems like the best way for small games to get found is to at least be available online. Retailer just don't have the space to stock a wide variety of games.

That's bizarre, I wonder about that as well. It plays way better on PS than tablet, I found...

mao2

Oct 28, 2017
Edit: Whoops somehow missed the retail part. My bad. 😅

Just thought I'd add this since it hasn't been mentioned yet and is currently 50% off on PS Store.

Unruly Heroes

Inspired by the timeless Chinese novel ‘Journey to the West’, take control of four unlikely heroes that battle a diverse lineup of enemies and show off your Kung-Fu skills. Seamlessly swap between heroes and journey west across stunning different environments in order to hunt for the scattered...

Last edited:

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I also highly recommend The Sojourn, also available on PC (EGS) and Xbox.

I love first person puzzlers and I've played them all from Portal to Talos to QUBE to Manifold.

I really enjoyed The Sojourn. Loved the art, the atmosphere, and the puzzles were good. Certainly not looking at the god-tier puzzle design of Talos, and certainly less challenging, but still highly engaging, nice level of challenge and rewarding. If you're a fan of the genre it'll be right up your street.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Im just waiting for a sale on the latest(but first chronillogcly??) utaware game to jump in. already have the other 2 and i think ive heard the musou game is ignorable

honorless

Oct 28, 2017
ERA's own Seafoam Gaming called out Dispatch for blown deadlines, delayed fulfillment and going incommunicado for months on end pre-pandemic. Psyvariar has at least already been produced, so interested parties have that going for them. Maybe they're quietly fulfilling in-stock orders in a reasonable timeframe. But public communication from them has slowed to a trickle again, so...

Just caveat emptor if you're buying direct, I guess. If someone has evidence that they're on top of things (...as much as anyone can be in the age of COVID) I hope they can post and tell me to stuff it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Twingsy

Twingsy

Oct 27, 2017
Moon
ERA's own Seafoam Gaming called out Dispatch for blown deadlines, delayed fulfillment and going incommunicado for months on end pre-pandemic. Psyvariar has at least already been produced, so interested parties have that going for them. Maybe they're quietly fulfilling in-stock orders in a reasonable timeframe. But public communication from them has slowed to a trickle again, so...

Just caveat emptor if you're buying direct, I guess. If someone has evidence that they're on top of things (...as much as anyone can be in the age of COVID) I hope they can post and tell me to stuff it.

oof, didn't know they were shady

meaulnes

Oct 27, 2017
Bladed Fury is also coming to Switch and with retail release. No idea if it is good, but it looks quite good.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Edit: Whoops somehow missed the retail part. My bad. 😅

Just thought I'd add this since it hasn't been mentioned yet and is currently 50% off on PS Store.

Unruly Heroes

Inspired by the timeless Chinese novel ‘Journey to the West’, take control of four unlikely heroes that battle a diverse lineup of enemies and show off your Kung-Fu skills. Seamlessly swap between heroes and journey west across stunning different environments in order to hunt for the scattered...

this game is actually good

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Dope avatar, OP.

About Bud Spencer and Terence Hill, the combat gets kinda dull after a while as it's pretty shallow, even for a brawler. The campaign is goofy fun, though.

Anyway, Bladed Fury looks interesting.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
I actually haven't heard of most of these games, and the PS4 games lineup is just massive. Just goes to show that I'll have years worth of games on PS4 without buying into next-gen.

tiesto

Oct 27, 2017
Long Island, NY
Someone pointed me to No Straight Roads a while back. The music is pretty good but the whole concept doesn't sit right with me... storywise it feels like the videogame version of the boomer and gen xer "music without guitars is not REAL music", "music made on a computer is not REAL music" that I have to hear day in and day out when I tell older people I DJ.

I picked up Destiny Connect for the Switch. Artstyle was pretty cool and it stood out compared to lots of modern day RPGs, but I heard it wasn't anything too special :( Even hardcore RPG fans seem to be ignoring it.

Psyvariar Delta is pretty cool, I loved the originals on DC...

OP
OP
Twingsy

Twingsy

Oct 27, 2017
Moon
Someone pointed me to No Straight Roads a while back. The music is pretty good but the whole concept doesn't sit right with me... storywise it feels like the videogame version of the boomer and gen xer "music without guitars is not REAL music", "music made on a computer is not REAL music" that I have to hear day in and day out when I tell older people I DJ.

Ah it's not quite that. It's more of an small guy vs the establishment-type story, not "rock good, electronic bad". But by the further you get into the game the less it really focuses on that. The villians are pretty entertaining and varied as well.