• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Virginia, US
I would like to see HGTV buy the house and make a tv show on renovating the home. I am curious to see how someone would renovate this house. I think renovating this home would be difficult to do because of how random the space is.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would like to see HGTV buy the house and make a tv show on renovating the home. I am curious to see how someone would renovate this house. I think renovating this home would be difficult to do because of how random the space is.
the hardest part is the costs. so much shit has to be knocked down. homogenizing the aesthetics would probably mean tearing the whole thing down. I mean, there's a fuckin tree through the bathroom garage! and at the current price? there's absolutely no profit in it unless you can turn it into a multimillion dollar house

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
pMhNlWV.jpg

Is that a portal?

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
A house like this can pass an inspection?

With a damn tree growing through it. That looks like a portal to the Groot Dimension.

chimpychi

Oct 27, 2017
Manassas.. My old stomping grounds.. What has become of you.. I am still within driving distance and totally considering driving up and checking it out..

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
I would absolutely live in that house, but only if I didn't have to pay for it lmao. thing's a ticking time bomb

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, after 22 images I finally see something normal.

c80Wf3P.png

Between the foot+ step up into the bathroom, the windows at different heights, the ceiling light that is mounted at an angle to match the slope of the roof, and the door leading into the deck, there is very little normal about this shot

Lorcain

Oct 27, 2017
I need to see a documentary about the evolution of this house...now. It's like 20+ years of amateur hour expansions and upgrades by an expert in asymmetry.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like Rube Goldberg and MC Escher had a drunken bet as to who could design a better house.

OP
OP

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Seriously though, some of these photos have just enough visual reference to show how fucked up the architecture is here:

VAPW474546-106.jpg

VAPW474546-108.jpg

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
I trained an AI to look at millions of images contained within real estate listings. Then I asked it to come up with a real estate listing of its own. These are the images produced.

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
Everything about this house hurts. I can't wait to show my dad.

I also feel that every town has some nightmare building, you just have to find it.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
So when the house got sucked into that vortex at the end of Poltergeist some of it ended up mixed in here no? I think I actually recognize part of the roof.

Edit: Wait... am I looking at it wrong or is the slanted tree case actually slanting in the opposite direction of the tree?

Last edited:

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
It's like an architectural jigsaw puzzle that someone got fed up with and tried to force together with a hammer and glue.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one getting anxiety looking at those pics?

It's like this is ground zero for where the universe will collapse in on itself.

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
After much analysis, I think I've figured it out. This photo gives away the secret of the skinny door:

VAPW474546-108.jpg

The door glass is actually reflective, not a window.

This seems to be the other end of the hall with the skinny door:

VAPW474546-103.jpg

And this is what lies inside:

VAPW474546-100.jpg
This will make total sense and stop breaking my brain if you can explain how the photographer is not reflected in the skinny door windows