• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Berserker976

Oct 27, 2017
AlarmedHauntingAndalusianhorse-size_restricted.gif
He's a real estate agent in Northern Virginia. If I was lying, I would have made the story far more compelling, trust me.

RomanticHeroX

Oct 27, 2017
It looks like a house you'd see in a dream. The elements of house are there but the configuration makes no sense.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Frank Lloyd Wrong.

udx2QlN.jpg

Normally the possessive apostrophe in "fireplace's" would grind my gears but I truthfully can't claim the fireplace does not in fact own humans.

The realtor is also from the back stairs of House of Leaves.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I looked at every picture and muttered, "what the fuck..." under my breath at each one.

Lorcain

Oct 27, 2017
I love that a photographer went in there and took over 100 photos of that nightmare dimensional nexus in an attempt to make it look appealing and not terrifying. There are doors that have nearly 1 foot drop offs all over the house. Stairs that lead into walls. Nothing appears to have been leveled.

I've walked through the Winchester House, but this *house* might be freakier. I'm thinking that best case scenario there are eldritch entities that would possess a new buyer's mind forcing them to continue to build weird shit until their soul is absorbed into the house. And lol @ $529,000.

Last edited:

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
The fuck am I looking at? This is the weirdest layout I've ever seen in a house and I look at houses weekly.

The worst part is I know someone's really proud of how it ended up. It looks like they just built on extra shit for the hell of it with no design in mind. I love how they expanded the footprint by building extra rooms using the outside space, but kept all the outside flooring, steps, rock gardens, doors, trees etc. WTF.

Last edited:

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I shared this with a level designer at work. This was painful to look at.

Fiction yes on the second question. We also never see where they lead.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
the best parts of these are how

- despite it having like 100 photos, they almost all look like they're from different houses
- despite it having like 100 photos, it's still completely impossible to look at them and mentally piece them together to figure out how the whole thing is laid out

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it's accurate to call this a McMansion. It was probably fine when it was built in 1948. It look like the house has been a victim of many poorly thought out additions, renovations, and room conversions. All those doors with a huge step up were probably once exterior doors.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, after 22 images I finally see something normal.

c80Wf3P.png

*goes to the next image*

pMhNlWV.jpg

FUCK

So I just looked at this again and realized that not only are these the same room, but that this garage bathroom with an encased tree has a giant pane window in full view of the shower, toilet, and tub, and also it's elevated a foot above the adjoining room, which appears to be a kitchen.

So you walk through the kitchen to take a shower next to a tree in a former garage with a giant window allowing people to look in, and then you slip and fall on the foot high drop as you leave the bathroom and go into the kitchen

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
This house is the best symbolism I have ever seen for why randomly generated content/level/game design in video games is a bad design philosophy

Ghostmate

Dec 11, 2017
This house is like a love letter to James Joyce. It's just an unending stream of architecture that doesn't have a period

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is like fanfiction of a house

I'm pretty sure if you were forced to live there it's a breach against international criminal law

finfinfin

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
If I won the lottery several times and moved to America to live a life of idleness and eccentricity, I would buy this house and start planning an extension, or a basement complex. Yes, fine, a dungeon, but not a creepy rape, torture, or murder dungeon. I just feel that this house deserves the as above, so below treatment.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One can only hope this house has to be condemned. Only so tearing it down and building something sensible wouldn't be a money pit. This is an unrecoupable investment

Vapelord

Oct 27, 2017
Montreal
Seems like someone watched too many home flipping shows but then shopped exclusively in home depots clearance racks and made this.

2006703.gif

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Ah, after 22 images I finally see something normal.

c80Wf3P.png

*goes to the next image*

pMhNlWV.jpg

FUCK

So I just looked at this again and realized that not only are these the same room, but that this garage bathroom with an encased tree has a giant pane window in full view of the shower, toilet, and tub, and also it's elevated a foot above the adjoining room, which appears to be a kitchen.

So you walk through the kitchen to take a shower next to a tree in a former garage with a giant window allowing people to look in, and then you slip and fall on the foot high drop as you leave the bathroom and go into the kitchen

I really hope that bathroom never floods, because every drop of water is running right into the kitchen.

Edit: Actually, every door that leads to the kitchen has like a 1-2 foot set of stairs down to it. The kitchen is actually sunk into the ground...

Also, is that a window or a garage door behind that tree? If they extended the house on top of a tree to build a garage, why would they put a window or a door in front of the tree...?

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Its like the time line corrected itself but the house had some sort of temporal shield that wouldnt allow it so it merged with an alternative universe version of itself.

I just bought a house a few weeks ago and if this was in my price range I would have considered it.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
"I spent 8 hours feeding architecture to machine learning and here's the result"

That house is nearly $600K...and probably requires half that annually for maintenance. Incredible.