• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
Probably time for a rewatch... it's been a bit more than a year.

Absolute masterpiece from beginning to the end.

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
Lost is 5 seasons of jj abrams "mystery box" method.

I'm no Lost defender but JJ helped conceptualize Lost and co-wrote and directed the 2-part pilot and then pretty much had no involvement past middway in the first season or something. It's not really fair to put the flaws or failings of Lost on him when later seasons is when the "box" fell apart.

Feb 10, 2018
I'm no Lost defender but JJ helped conceptualize Lost and co-wrote and directed the 2-part pilot and then pretty much had no involvement past middway in the first season or something. It's not really fair to put the flaws or failings of Lost on him when later seasons is when the "box" fell apart.

Oh, my apologies I thought jj was involved throughout.
He did talk about the mystery box concept, and lost is just that, intrigue after intrigue with no real answer.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
It's really incredible how many people's memories of the finale were completely wiped out by a few seconds of b-roll. Makes me wonder if there's any overlap with the "Whenever I see a Marvel movie I immediately forget it after leaving the theater" crowd.

Giacchino putting in that work.

I might get some shit for this but I think Giacchino's Lost work is many many times better than any film scoring he's done. An iconic soundtrack -- and for a TV show!

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, my apologies I thought jj was involved throughout.
He did talk about the mystery box concept, and lost is just that, intrigue after intrigue with no real answer.

No worries, I remember thinking that was the case too until I read an interview of his and he was like, "I don't know why people keep saying I'm part of this." Basically if you write the first episode of something, you are forever credited as one of the series creators.

Here's what I'll say about the "box":

The thing with a good mystery box, as JJ pitched it, is that mysteries do have answers but as they expand your understanding of the world, they subsequently lead to deeper layers of mystery. Damon Lindelof didn't get this and preferred to string mysteries along with no real answer until, literally, the story changed so much that the original mystery no longer applied. It was a horrible misuse of the concept that squandered so much of Lost's original potential.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Oh jesus fucking christ, people, ENOUGH! The number of fucking alerts I'm getting telling me people keep quoting that same fucking post! I've only EVER seen ONE episode of Lost! ONE! The pilot! I THOUGHT they were all dead so I never watched again! So PLEASE STOP fucking quoting me and saying, "But they weren't, but they weren't, but they weren't!"
That's what happens when you're quick to say some uninformed nonsense. Let it be a lesson lol.

EDIT: Editing your original post with this one would help though.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
poi-root-acker-710x400.jpg

But it has only been 6 years :P cc NTGYK

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2832792/?ref_=ttep_ep22
Episode aired 9 May 2013

I pray this show gets resurrected SOMEHOW

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Incredibly fantastic show. Forget all the sci find and mysteries. The true greatness of the show are The characters and my goodness what an exceptional bit of casting. Absolutely phenomenal. Their backstories, interactions, friendships, etc.
Jack, Sawyer, Kate, Sayid, Desmond, Charlie, Hugo , Benjamin, Locke, Mr. Eko. I miss them all. It sucks that not all of them made it big in Hollywood, especially Jack. He had leading hero material.