• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I think, the way they discussed it, that Taika's film is post new trilogy, as well.
Actually if the artwork is in any indication it may be set way in the past...like 25,000 years in the past

Dawn of the Jedi is an old Legends book about (what else) the dawn of the Jedi, about 25,000 years before the movies. Not canon anymore of course, but it does gel with the rumor that D&D were developing a series of films around that same premise, and a separate rumor that just because they left didn't mean that story was dead...

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I'm in for Taika Waititi's film because Taika Waititi but the rest I have no fucking clue. I like Mando but hate everything else Disney has done to Star Wars so I'm only expecting one or two of those to be decent and it's a dice roll.

Barrel_Roll

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Who knows if all of these will get made? Given some of the volatility on the film side the past couple of years, I wouldn't be surprised if some of these projects got memory holed like Rian Johnson's trilogy, particularly the Taika film, since of all the projects announced, his seems to be the lightest on details. I'd like to be proven wrong, though. I wonder if the Rebels sequel material is going to be folded into the Ahsoka series instead?

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I hope majority of these new shows are limited series like the MCU D+ series.
I personally don't want to have multiple shows that are going to go on for multiple of seasons.
Quality > Quantity.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I hope majority of these new shows are limited series like the MCU D+ series.
I personally don't want to have multiple shows that are going to go on for multiple of seasons.
Quality > Quantity.

Pretty sure Ahsoka, Obi Wan, Lando, Andor, and Visions are just 1 season each.

TheLastYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure this doesn't exist anymore. It seems like Disney is just throwing concepts out there to see what sticks and clearly Rian's trilogy didn't.

I think they would have announced a cancellation the same way they did for the D&D project. It might just be that a combination of

1. Knives Out being a huge critical and commercial hit has opened more immediate opportunities for Rian (ex: Knives Out sequel)

and

2. Disney's shift towards Disney+ after Solo bombed (ex: Kenobi movie becoming a TV show) and Mando being a big hit means they need less epic saga stories told via a trilogy of movies.

I can see Rian's idea for the franchise comes to fruition towards the end of this decade, after a few more original outings (let him cash that blank check!) and it's probably for the best, appreciation for TLJ will continue to grow during this time and his ideas will cook for a bit longer.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure Rian Johnson's project will still come out, but it's evidently not a priority. Disney announced basically everything we can expect to come out for the next three years so I'd assume his movie (or movies) will come out after that.

Of course, things will inevitably change. Lucasfilm has clearly abandoned the whole "don't give the fans what they want" angle and, as time goes on, folks are realising how wasteful the sequel trilogy was so who knows what's going to happen. Given how hard Lucasfilm is trying to fix the sequel trilogy with The Mandalorian, maybe we're only a few years away from more movies with the sequel trilogy cast and they'll give those to Rian Johnson.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
What gives you this impression about the Ahsoka show? Thats a very popular character. Could it be these are feelers to see which ones can live longer?

A couple of different places have referred to it as a limited series, which generally means just 1 season. Any of them could run longer if popular enough, of course.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017

The Book of Boba Fett. I really hope this is is a mega hit. Boba looked like a fucking BOSS in his new palace, and Fennec is bad as hell too. I hope this series can bring back so of the most famed bounty hunters. Especially Bossk. Maybe this series will explore Boba Fett being dissatisfied with going back to his old life, and perhaps he'll crave a higher calling, like ruling Mandalore instead of a palace on Tatooine. I'm also not above having him cross paths with Han and Chewie, if they can do a better job at de-aging an actor.

It's a given that the Obi Wan series with bring aboard Ian Mcdiarmid, right? I've been following a YouTube video of a guy reading through some comics covering Vader right after he turned. It's pretty interesting stuff, and I'm liking the interactions between he and the Emperor.