• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Didn't know it'd been that long.

Anyone still regularly playing? I been on and off for a few days across the years.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is a game where you get burned out if you play daily, but I enjoy once or twice on weeks.

The only days where we play constantly are when we are finishing events or double exp/gold weekend

mookie1515

Oct 25, 2017
I play once a month or so with some friends and it's perfect. We either choose a bunch of random missions or do a Tall Tale, and almost always come out with a funny story to tell.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Didn't know it'd been that long.

Anyone still regularly playing? I been on and off for a few days across the years.

YES.

This game is amazing and I have been playing on and off basically since launch and just hit pirate legend in October.

I''ve fallen off a bit since hitting PL but it sounds like the seasonal updates they are bringing in the new year are exactly what I need to get me back into the game again.

Every session you play in this game isn't already good but when its good its fucking great.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I only played through 200, but I very much loved my time with the game. So happy that its been so successful.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of the best experiences of the generation.... when it clicks. Which can be dependent on crew and session. The game shines when you embrace that its all for fun experiences. Don't focus too much on gold and such. I know people that refuse to play until they put in private servers or no pvp which to me ruins the heart of the game.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Man I LOVE the music of this game. I certainly haven't played as much as other people here but the times I played I loved it.
I still wish they had given Arena the proper love it deserved. They should have added a ranked ladder to make it actually competitive. Sad to see it die like it did.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
This is my daughters' favorite game right now. They're in love with it.

I rarely get to play (don't have time for MMOs honestly). Watching them take down their first ghost ship attack was a proud dad moment. They were yelling in excitement when they did it. Then they spent the next 10 minutes afraid a shark would show up while they collected their treasure from the ship. 😆

HonestAbe

May 19, 2020
Love this game. One of my top of all time and it's getting better and better.

How it didn't even get a nod for best on-going game at the TGA is beyond me. Basically day 667+ onward in the video is this year. Doesnt even mention the new event stuff, arena changes, other game play changes (good and bad).

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I goy my "M" eyepatch last night, to go with my Day "1" patch. This game remains one of my all-time favorites.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
haha this is cool. They've continued to do some great work with this game. Crazy how many people wrote it off after the launch - and now it's easily Rare's most successful game ever by a number of metrics (if not all of them).

But yea.. definitely harder to get into as a solo sloop. One of the few games where I had to fight my tendency to go it alone and just play with randos (pretty fun in its own way!)