• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada

100 Thieves has seen the biggest growth in esports in the last couple years by far, so seeing them take a stab at making a game doesn't surprise me:

I think that it's still very early on in development but the real news is that they seem to have hired Pete Holey to be Chief Product Officer for this game. If I were to guess, this will most likely be a shooter, with Nadeshot being a former COD pro player and now being in love with Valorant... But who knows what this game will be?

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
FINALLY A FULLY REALIZED VR TOUR OF THE TOTINOS FORTNITE TRAINING ROOM

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I'm mostly surprised by Cloud9's small growth compared to the rest.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I wonder which will score lower on Metacritic - the 100T game or the Midnight Society game?

OP
OP
names2hard4you
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I'm mostly surprised by Cloud9's small growth compared to the rest.
Cloud 9 fields top tier teams in a lot of different esports, but their content creation is kinda meh even though they are still top 5 in terms of their actual worth. In this day and age, the top orgs you see on that graph are highly invested in content creation and branching out into all kinds of partnerships, but I'd say Cloud 9 plays it rather safe compared to the others

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
I wouldn't mind a FPS shooter with the social aspect that we had back in halo2-3 and MW1-2.
Would be hell to moderate to the modern standards though.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Cloud 9 fields top tier teams in a lot of different esports, but their content creation is kinda meh even though they are still top 5 in terms of their actual worth. In this day and age, the top orgs you see on that graph are highly invested in content creation and branching out into all kinds of partnerships, but I'd say Cloud 9 plays it rather safe compared to the others
Yeah 100T has done a great job in term of content creators. Nadeshot and Valkyrae are good at recruiting. CourageJD, Kyedae, Fuslie, AustinShow, WillNeff. Whether you know them or not, they have a good amount of mindshare in the Twitch and YT space. They also put out a lot of content with their creators on YT and Tiktok.

Speaking of Cloud9, Emiru recently left them to go to OTK and iirc she said that they weren't really doing anything content-creator wise. But as you said they have different priorities. (Thought 100T esports is doing pretty good too!)

Think you're onto something here. Might be cool to pair it with a rotating procedural but hand-curated map system like Due Process has.

With the right amount of polish and partnerships, I think it could be great. Don't water it down with a bunch of other modes. That is the game. Integrate in-game tournaments and such. Partner with streamers and gaming orgs. Ensure that the gunplay and map design is top notch. It would take far fewer resources than a BR. I'm sure of it.