• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Mini game master in Yakuza 3. Basically do every single mini game to completion. Takes an extreme amount of time invested. And some of them are very difficult and annoying. Had to put a piece of tape on my screen to help me do the batting I remember.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Wipeout HD Platinum: It took me a month to get Zone Zeus to finally get Transcendence. But even harder than that was beating the campaign on the hardest difficulty at Phantom level speeds and getting all golds. OMG. Whoever thought of that was pure evil! Especially for Sebenco Climb.

I have all of those but the one I found painful was the get 10,000 loyality with each team, and get 50 assassinations online.

It's fair enough to make your trophy set hard, but why'd they have to make it boring too. That's the real problem with Wipeouts trophy set, it's the difficulty plus grind that dissuades people.

SlasherMcGirk

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati
Mr Perfect in Mega Man 9. Complete the game without getting hit. Made it to Wily so many times and always get hit on him. I threw in the towel. One of the few times I've ever given up on a challenge.

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
Tried my best for MKX Platinum but there are some that are almost impossible. Argh!

Also I am one Trophy away from getting Platinum for Rainbow Six: Siege. Need one more where I win a Ranked Match Flawless. Tomorrow or this week hopefully.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
The only one I would say was even remotely hard (of the games I play) was the plat for DMC4 SE. Still wasn't even that hard really.

DevilNeverCry

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The DMC HD collection was nuts. DMC1 was hard af, DMC2 was disgustingly fucking boring(you had to do both campaigns on all difficulties) and DMC3 was a slog by the end of it. Then my dumb ass decided to do it all again when it rereleased on PS4. DMC4se was also tough as shit as you had to S Rank every mission of every difficulty, the orb requirement made it ridiculous because all it took was you forgetting to break a single environmental item and you had to restart the entire mission because you'd miss out on the S Rank. Don't even get me started on the BP trophies. By comparison DMC5 was easy yet frustrating.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection on Xbox 360.

Both MGS 2 & 3 had some tough achievements. Ended up getting 1000/1000.

and probably Mega Man 10, beating the game without getting hit once, that was tricky too

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Demon's Souls, farming for the rare drops was a test of patience.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey was a really long plat, but it helps that I did most of the trophies naturally just enjoying the game and only had a little to clean up.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I'm not super hardcore like some but the ones I did go for and spent time acquiring were LA Noire, NFS 2015, and Mass Effect 3. Really enjoyed chasing all of those.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
I got all the achievements for FFXIII for some reason.

I...was really bored that summer.

This was one of the ones I stopped short on. Got every trophy except the All Items one, and was working towards it til I realized I probably had 10-15 more hours of grinding giant turtles to finish it and just gave up.

Also got most of Yakuza 3's trophies until I really looked into Mini Game Master and realized what I was up against.

I did platinum FF13-2 and Yakuza 4 to make up for both of those, at least.

hersheyfan

Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
Back when I still collected Trophies obsessively, I got the Platinum for Persona 4 Golden on PSV. It should still be one of my rarest trophies.

It's a testament to just how much I loved that game that the 2 playthroughs it took didn't feel like work. There is absolutely zero chance I would do this again (for any game) in 2020 lol.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deadly Premonition on PS3 so many of the trophies require specific times of day and certain requirements to meet. And most of that is spent with a car that is terrible to use. I also spent many days at the cemetery sleeping to get the right time of day and weather.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
I don't often go for 100% completion on achievements/trophies but the hardest by far was probably for Titanfall 2, thanks to the achievement for Becomes the Master, which requires you to run the training gauntlet in less than 33.65 seconds. I probably ran that gauntlet 100 times, using different weapon combos and routes, before I finally nailed it.

Beating the game on Master difficulty was also probably the toughest FPS campaign I've played through.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Mad Max. Tried it three times and got the same bug in one of the collectors trophies. Fucking annoying because I love that game.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Super Time Force Ultra and Rayman Origins were pretty fun and mildly challenging platinums. Nothing ridiculous but I greatly enjoyed them. Of course I platinum'd games like Dark Souls 1, 3 and Bloodborne and they were all great too.

I have a bunch of other platinums but nothing I would consider challenging.

OP
OP
Fahdi

Fahdi

Jun 5, 2018
The Killzone 2 trophies aren't hard. If you pull your knife out enemies in the campaign run away from you long enough for you to sprint to next checkpoint, and the 1% trophy was easy when there were loads of people playing (unless I guess you're awful at MP). I got it my first week playing months after game released.

What difficulty were you playing on? Cause it sounds like a different game.

Mathiassen

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I usually don't go for multiplayer trophies but did for The Last of Us Remastered.

Think it was 200+ online matches with me knowing if I messed up somehow I'd have to start over again. I did not enjoy that one.

Euan_1981

Apr 23, 2018
Stardew valley, the one where you have to get all the artifacts. After doing the fishing and community center ones I was pretty jaded..the drop rate for artifacts was pretty bad!

aeroslash

Feb 7, 2018
The witness!! That last circuit with the music was crazy. I still get nervous as soon as i here that song elsewhere.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What difficulty were you playing on? Cause it sounds like a different game.
He's not kidding. I spent nights trying to beat Radec on the hardest difficulty. I was convinced it wasn't possible. That's when I saw a YT video saying just use the knife for the boss fight. Beat it the first time and it was beyond easy. So I imagine you'd have similar success elsewhere.

Oct 27, 2017
I got all the Achievements for Super Meat Boy back when it was released on the 360. So, yeah, I never got the later Achievement/Trophies (Wood Boy, etc.), but I'm damn proud of getting Golden God!

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Beat Saber. I lost a lot of weight getting that Platinum, so naturally I put it all back on as soon as I had it.

OP
OP
Fahdi

Fahdi

Jun 5, 2018
He's not kidding. I spent nights trying to beat Radec on the hardest difficulty. I was convinced it wasn't possible. That's when I saw a YT video saying just use the knife for the boss fight. Beat it the first time and it was beyond easy. So I imagine you'd have similar success elsewhere.

The Radec fight was a knife fight, always was intended to be. I'm talking about the first and second wave of Helghast that come before him.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Geometry Wars 3 has a trophy for getting something ridiculous like 10 million points in one life on classic and it's ridiculous. Think it has less than a 1% completion rate?

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really sure about how hard I tried for all the ones I got (pretty hard, I guess), but the one I tried hardest and failed to get was Dead Space 2. I just couldn't get through Hardcore Mode.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
recently played through titanfall 2 and got all achievements except for "Becomes the Master". I could do it on pc easy but with a controller it's too much.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
any games with trophies that requires some multiplayer shenanigans (eg. kill 5 person with one rocket while doing a break dance when the timer is on 6:66 when the game is being played on 2am on a sunday).

sxiebonjour

Oct 25, 2017
Most recent one is transformer devastation.

I wonder if any god players on era platinumed Mighty No.9 or Wolfenstein 2... Those two are the hardest one I came across (I couldn't do it).

Nov 8, 2017
DJMax Respect. Specifically, "Complete 50 Missions" and "Get Max Combo in 30 Level 10 Songs". The DLC made it easier (no way I'd have done it without, especially the missions), but it was still an incredible challenge that took me months to achieve.

Pookmunki

Oct 27, 2017
I have one last trophy in Smite to earn and it's not even technically the hardest one.

It's called 'Final Form' and requires you to kill 5 gods using a single ability. When trophies were originally added it would have been possible to get this by using a passive ability or a stim to kill the enemy team of 5, a hard enough task but doablein a team fight.

Since the game has been updated countless times to adapt to meta, the stim element of getting this trophy has essentially been made obsolete, so the only way of getting Final Form is to kill the entire team of 5 enemies with one attack, a much harder version of the rarest trophy 'Penta Kill' which is to kill the enemy team within a window of time. A subtle difference, but one that means I'll likely always be at 98% completed.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Coming back to this, Turok on Xbox 360 is probably the 1000G i'm most proud of. That was a really nice and varied achievement list that wasn't easy by any means.

Abdulrahman

Oct 30, 2017
Metal Gear Solid 2 (I really enjoyed getting the Platinum trophy)
Bloodborne (playing alone)
The Last of Us (PS3 ver, was rolling alone. Those MP trophies were really challenging)
Killzone: Mercenary (gotta say, I didn't enjoy getting the P trophy)

I tried:
Gran Turismo 5 (I gave up, because I was busy and the last challanges are tough)
Metal Gear Solid 4 (I did the hard parts, only one trophy left but I just got bored)

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Usually I don't bother if it looks hard, but a few years back I had almost all the achievements for Sonic Generations.
All I was missing was beating the end boss without taking a hit. Seems easy enough.

... so then of course I proceed to replay one of the worst bosses I've ever fought
a boss with no visual representation for if I even get hit in the first place
over and over
"that looks like a homing shot"
over and over

It was a waste of time and I feel idiotic for doing it.
I did get there in the end though. It wasn't worth it.

Oct 27, 2017
I can only think of two games where I'm really close to the Platinum but didn't get it because of something difficult: Goat Simulator and Infamous 1.

In Goat Simulator I couldn't do fucking Flappy Goat, which if you don't know is just the same as Flappy Bird. Never was any good at that bastard game! I did all the other trophies in an afternoon (thought it was a fun game just to mess around in and my son still occasionally plays it) and probably spent a couple of hours on Flappy Goat, but I couldn't do it.

In Infamous 1 I still had 2 or 3 of those little electric balls to collect. Fucking things. I spent a lot of time looking as I really wanted that Platty, but eventually gave up.

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if any god players on era platinumed Mighty No.9 or Wolfenstein 2... Those two are the hardest one I came across (I couldn't do it).
Got the second, my hardest platinum besides Super Meat Boy. It was like turning your ultra instinct on to become one with the controller and the game itself in some sections lol

babyzelda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Burnout Paradise had like 4 trophies connected to its multiplayer. One of them was to get 8 players to go into the stadium in the southeast, I believe, and I think maybe I managed to be in an online session with eight players once, but maybe they already had the trophy, or maybe they didn't know about it, because they did not seem interested in gathering in the stadium. I just waited there for someone to join me, doing a little shuffle step.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I try every month or so to beat the damn arcade game in Stardew Valley without dying. I hate it and the 0.2% ultra rare trophy!

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
I dont know if it was the hardest, but Sonic Unleashed was quite long and challenging! (And fun!)

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Two big ones come to mind immediately:

The Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection on PS3. Especially the latter game, whose trophies had you - among other things - eat every single fruit in the world (about 120+ total...and yes, that includes the several dozen fruits in the secret garden that decrease your max health/stamina), and kill every single white-tailed lizard in the world (there's 70+ of them and they can each be a pain in the ass to find if they want to be). Mercifully, the trophies for Shadow of the Colossus 2018 were far more reasonable. I actually really enjoyed getting that one platinumed.

Final Fantasy XIII. Specifically, Treasure Hunter. That one nearly broke me. I had to take a ton of notes just to figure out how (best) to upgrade stuff, and made a ton of lists for everyone's equipment. I ended up with so much useful info I wrote a guide for it on Steam to help others get it in the least painful way possible.

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Avenger
Feb 27, 2018
The original COD4: Modern Warfare

Beat the game on veteran, did mile high, but made the mistake of having one of the dumb novelty visual filters on while collecting some of the hidden intel packages after I had finished the game. You can't get achievements while cheats are on (which the filters are part of), and you can never get the packages again once collected (think this was a profile saved thing, so starting fresh on a new save wasn't even an option from what I remember)

Got the acheivement for all packages, but am forever locked out of a lower one

CloudCircus

Dec 9, 2017
I'm not even into the series or the genre, but i got hooked on Black Ops 2 because I could hang out with my friends on Xbox live and play with them. The single player mini achievements were hard, but then came the Easter eggs with the main game and then the DLC. Those damn Easter eggs require so much teamwork and communication..some of the most stressful shit I've ever done. Guess I enjoyed it

OldGamer

Jul 6, 2019
I spent a good chunk of early 2019 grinding the Kingdom hearts platinum in anticipation for KH3 and it severely tried my patience.

Birth By Sleep's list in particular does everything in its power to waste your time, by 100%ing the game with 3 characters in 3 separate playthroughs, on top of having one of the most bullshit, poorly designed optional bosses in existence.

Crash N Sane trilogy was also quite time consuming in grinding those time trials.

My latest effort was platting Judgement and that game basically want 100% completion involving some major grinds, revolving around things like drone racing and the king's ransom needed to buy all mods, and our good friend mahjong. I thankfully paced to plat through my first playthrough so I wasn't overwhelmed post game

Some are more out of time consumption, but Tales of Vesperia was rough. You need to get every title in the game, which is tied to doing essentially everything, like a title for having all the equipment in the game. Turns out a ton of this is tied to very easily missed side quests that are time limited and require backtracking at odd moments, certain towns that sell a special sword only once and then it's never found again. It also had an achievement for speedrunning the game (you can't skip text...), and another for beating the first third of the game at a very low level, so the game took like 4 playthroughs and it's a long RPG. Why did I do any of this.

I did this as well, and it is a serious investment on top of basically 100%ing the game which is no mean feat. The Colisseum grinding alone took ages.

Mini game master in Yakuza 3. Basically do every single mini game to completion. Takes an extreme amount of time invested. And some of them are very difficult and annoying. Had to put a piece of tape on my screen to help me do the batting I remember.

I've been playing all the Yakuza games on PS4 and did this some months ago. The gambling grind is annoying enough, but few if any of Yakuza 3s minigames still hold up well.

Yakuza 4 basically expected the same minigame completion grind to get the golden gun, but since that actually didn't have a trophy attached, I was like NOPE!

Assassin's Creed Odyssey was a really long plat, but it helps that I did most of the trophies naturally just enjoying the game and only had a little to clean up.

With DLC included, this just took ages for me. I actually quit for 3 months just because I burnt out. Origins I got 100% in a fraction of the time including all DLC.