• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fahdi

Jun 5, 2018
I don't think I'll ever forget doing the following:

Wipeout HD Platinum: It took me a month to get Zone Zeus to finally get Transcendence. But even harder than that was beating the campaign on the hardest difficulty at Phantom level speeds and getting all golds. OMG. Whoever thought of that was pure evil! Especially for Sebenco Climb.

Vanilla Street Fighter 4 Platinum: Those Trials for Gen, C. Viper and Able, Titles and who knows what the fuck else in MP. Oh yea, the challenges... my God it was definitely the hardest game to ever 100% but when I got that plat... :D

Killzone 2 Platinum: Many a night were spent to get that Rank #1 of players in the MP. And then there was playing the game on the highest difficulty... HOLY SHIT. I almost gave up on Radec's second wave. The Helghast difficulty in general ramped up to 10 in the game. Amazing but frustrating since your gun doesn't have a reticle either.

Gave up on that I regret:

Warhawk: There was no way I was ever going to get Gold Challenges in hell. Played the game for fun for a long time despite.

Tell your triumphant and loss story ERA to both ends.

Mr_Blue_Sky

Oct 25, 2017
100%ing rock band 2. I did my bladder of steel and expert endless setlist achievements at the same time. 6 hours and 30 mins of drum gameplay without pausing or failing a single song. Good times.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
ead Rising. There's a trophy that takes 14 hours real time to get, and you can't save at all during those 14 hours.

Vibbon

Jan 22, 2018
DFW Area, TX
I got the platinum in Nier which wasn't hard per se, just very time consuming but when I got the final ending I noticed the trophy ping didn't go off and when I looked, it hadn't been since I upgraded my last weapon all the way up. Working back up to it, but now it's a matter of years vs. weeks the first time I should have gotten it.

Besides that, I told myself I wasn't going to bed until I got whatever that pure blade stone whatever and I ended up staying up until like 4. Once again, not hard just annoying RNG.

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ninja Gaiden 2 (DLC included)
Street Fighter 4
Call of Duty 3
Dead or Alive 4
Ikaruga
Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma
Naruto (the first x360 game)
Hollow Knight
Castle Crashers (multiplayer was busted)
Dishwasher: The Dead Samurai
Demon's Souls
Gears of War
F.E.A.R
Dead Space
Devil May Cry 4
Eternal Sonata

Couple of others I can't remember.

Last edited:

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Has to be Grand Theft Auto 4 (only due to the fucking awful MP required Trophies) or White Knight Chronicle (huge timesink into a not terrific game)

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I don't go for many Platinums, but I remember that getting the last trophy I needed in Naruto: UNS2 was hell. I required to get a ticket that drops randomly, and I was losing my mind for like a week.

Hope you enjoyed the troph.... ooh

Besides smelling bad, it also makes Hestu dance on command.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Hardest was maybe Bulletstorm cause of trying to do co-op stuff or Sly 3 because I had the worst time with those mini game style things to get to 100%. Put the game down for a long time after that. I guess neither of them is technically very hard to do for those willing to put int the work.

One that I regret is Just Cause 3. Hated pursuing it and eventually gave up on it. It did end up solidifying what I thought was wrong with the game and killed my interest in the series.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Probably Left 4 Dead, there was quite a few rough ones on that. Beating all campaigns on expert and doing a campaign where all the special infected don't do any damage to any player being the main stand outs.

Some are more out of time consumption, but Tales of Vesperia was rough. You need to get every title in the game, which is tied to doing essentially everything, like a title for having all the equipment in the game. Turns out a ton of this is tied to very easily missed side quests that are time limited and require backtracking at odd moments, certain towns that sell a special sword only once and then it's never found again. It also had an achievement for speedrunning the game (you can't skip text...), and another for beating the first third of the game at a very low level, so the game took like 4 playthroughs and it's a long RPG. Why did I do any of this.

Oct 28, 2017
Not that it was hard, just a slog, but I 100%d all of the Borderlands 1 DLC, and specifically Mad Moxxi's trash.......I could have learned a trade....but no. I wasted my time doing that.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Wipeout hd
Sonic unleashed
Killzone 2
Everybody's golf (still not there :()
Enter the gungeon

Last edited:

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Getting the plat for Flame Over on Vita took a ton of effort but I loved every second of it. Brilliant game that more people need to try out.

Getting 100% of the trophies on Divekick broke me. I did it but boy was that a lot of grinding.

Zolbrod

Oct 27, 2017
Osaka, Japan
Rayman Legends. And I actually 100% it on PC and PS4.

This one took forever because of the stupid, grindy Level of Awesomeness requirement.

Just yesterday, I platted Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair, and let me tell you, they called it The Impossible Lair for a reason.

I also look forward to unlocking the Platinum Trophy for Dragon Ball FighterZ in about 15 years when I'll finally have that 20 million zenny.
Who the fuck thought that was a good idea!?

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The platinum trophy in Resonance of Fate 4K was rough. I think I'm one of like 800 people wordwide who has it according to that one personalized vid Sony provided a while ago.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Ive only got 2, Bloodborne and GoW 2018, neither were very hard but I feel I got luckier than most for the BB plat because I thoroughly enjoyed the chalice dungeons.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
I don't go for Platinums or 100% achievements that are especially sadistic, but I do have the Platinums for Bloodborne, Soul Calibur VI, The Evil Within 2, Resident Evil 2, and Resident Evil 5 (and I also got all the cheevos for RE5 on Xbox 360). I'm only missing one achievement in Sekiro, and it's just for getting all the Skills. That grind is horrible.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
demons, souls 1 and BB were where i stopped the madness

got yakuza 4, one trophy away from dead souls (that last playthrough is a bitch) and keep debating 0 but i hear the wrestling stuff is awful

still kinda want the MGS3 one but i try & get daunted by the complete collect-a-thon it becomes

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Platinum in Payday 2 ps3. Day 2 firestarter mission trying to stealth it. Pure luck based when it came to cutting the wires. You'd like a 10% chance of guessing right and even if you did you had to pull it off which was hard.

Gta v, hard enough as it is I had a few different glitches in the campaign stopping me getting 100%. After months of trying I finally fixed them.

Cod4. That last plane mission on veteran holy god.

Death stranding. Not that hard but it took a heroic effort.

Oct 25, 2017
Resistance 2 10,000 mp kills trophy.

Got to like 4k and calculated I probably had like another fucking 100 hours or whatever and gave up.

The hell was up with that trophy Insomniac?

Deleted member 7883

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does getting the Golden Potato badge on my steam profile during that Portal 2 Valve ARG count? I had to write out two flash cards worth of button inputs for the Cogs game challenges...

If not, its 100%ing vanilla BoI Rebirth on PC. Still working on finishing up everything in the Switch port.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Dead Rising 1's 7-Day Survivor achievement, the last one I needed for the game. It requires the player to play continuously for 14 straight real time hours in the game's Endless mode, where your health is constantly draining. It was my first attempt and I routed out everything I needed to do to reach that milestone. Things were going really well, but...

I failed. At 13.5 hours I got stunlocked by a sniper and died from near full health.

I couldn't bear to turn the game on ever again after that. The entire day was wasted. =(

Ometeotl

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deus Ex Mankind Divided. I ran through that game like 10 times trying to get the ghost achievement but no matter how thorough I was in ghosting through that game, it just never wanted to proc that trophy.

EPaul

Oct 30, 2017
The "blasters run hot " trophy prevented me from getting the Ratchet ACIT plat

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Getting 100% in Afro Samurai. It's funny, it was such a mediocre game but for some reason I was obsessed at getting every achievement in it. The Royal Flush achievements were notoriously hard because you had to slash specific body parts off of an enemy, and it was a pain in the ass to do it for the Kunoichi.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Not platinums, but the grinds for UC3 and UC4 mulitplayer DLC trophies took me months. Killzone 2 was tough, but man did I ever have fun getting it. It was so satisfying.

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Resistance 2's "Killing Machine" trophy.
it required 10,000 kills in online multiplayer.

My trophy OCD kicked in, and i needed to platinum the game since I already had every other trophy and already had like 3000 kills...
I spent fucking MONTHS coming home after school, hopping online and mindlessly killing enemies getting 15-30 kills every 15 minutes.
It was the most tedious shit I had ever done, and especially anxiety inducing because I knew the online population would keep dropping, so i couldn't take a break.

managed to get it in the end. That shit burnt me out on first person shooters, and online multiplayer in general.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Killzone 2 trophies aren't hard. If you pull your knife out enemies in the campaign run away from you long enough for you to sprint to next checkpoint, and the 1% trophy was easy when there were loads of people playing (unless I guess you're awful at MP). I got it my first week playing months after game released.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty proud of the Souls games and most of the survival horror games I've platinumed as far as difficulty (Evil Within 1 and 2, most RE games.). Some slogs were DQ Heroes 2, the Last Guardian, and recently Death Stranding. One that really pissed me off was Persona 5–missed one encounter in Mementos that was 'timed' and had to replay the entire game to get it.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Persona 4 and 5 just for the time involved

There are some trophies that are only obtainable on a 2nd playthrough of those long ass games.

Difficulty wise would probably be Vanquish

Pelao

Banned
Jan 7, 2020
Chile
My proudest achievement is my Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled platinum.
I played the original for years but I never played it properly (sacred fire, knowing all shortcuts, managing reserves) until I got to play the remake, man, were those Time trials some of the most frustratingly fun things I've done.

Vidpixel

Oct 27, 2017
I got all the achievements for FFXIII for some reason.

I...was really bored that summer.

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
Hollow Knight (Pantheon of Hallownest) was legitimately the hardest thing I've ever done in terms of gaming.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Most proudest is Big Boss Extreme on MGS4 which unlocks the final itunes music for Sounds of the Battlefield trophy. I beaten MGS4 9 times for that trophy. It could have been done in 8, but I missed an emblem and had to do another playthrough. Funny enough total playthroughs on that game is 17. I did all the emblems prior to Big Boss Extreme before trophies was a thing, but never started my run. I hesitated for fear of failure. 4 years later went and trophies got implemented in MGS4 2.0 patch. I jump right back in and redo all the stuff that I finished years ago including Big Boss Extreme.

I tried getting, but gave up due to poor team mates and not making the time limit.

GTA IV multiplayer trophies. Fly the Co-op and Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic. You have a time limit of 2.5-7 minutes to do Fly the Co-op depending on the mission. Bomb da base II has 3 random spawn points for the armored truck. You have to hijack it and meet at the rendevous point and then plant the bombs on a boat. You need a minimum of 2 players to plant a bomb in the control room and the other at the bottom of the ship. Whoever is going to the bottom of the ship will see the sheer difiiculty of doing this. You shoot your way through multiple levels of armed gunmen just to reach the bottom and place it. I think there might be another bomb spot that you might have to place? Now you have to get off the ship for it to count. This is where everyone just cooks a grenade and kill themself so they respawn on top of the ship and jump. The control room only has 4 guards, so is the easier job. This has to be done in 5 minutes and that is just one of the missions lol. AWP is infamous for being glitchy. I had disconnection issues and random crashes trying to do Bomb da Base II. Its notoriously difficult without a mic. Deal breaker has way more thugs you have to kill as you make your way to the top of a roof site picking up x amount of drug packs for each floor. The floors above have bikers and thugs you have to kill. Its more efficient for the driver to clear the first 3 floors and the pilot to land the helicopter on the roof and clear the 3 floors from the top. Once all the floors have been cleared and the drugs taken, a boat spawns which you have to take out ideally with an rpg. Now take the helicopter and go back to your spawn point at the start of the mission. Its okay if you crash it into your garage. This has to be done in 7 minutes. I dread online trophies after GTA IV.

Deleted member 4292

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Binding of Isaac, I'm still going at it and I will get it one day.

Other than that, I have tried a many times to get into Horizon and plat it considering how easy it is, but the game being a chore just turns me off from getting any further in it.

EDIT: oh I misunderstood, the hardest plat for me was Rayman Legends grindy ass platinum.

Deleted member 31333

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Not exactly an achievement or trophy but 100%'ing Super Mario Galaxy 2 took me a lot of time but was worth it and probably the game I'm most proud of to this day. Getting my last couple of platinums seems easy in comparison. Spider-Man and GoW platinums were a walk in the park.

Frester

Oct 25, 2017
I did more of this on the 360 than I do on PS4. And I don't know that this was the hardest necessarily, but I really enjoyed the Zealot mode in Dead Space 2 to get the final achievement. Attainable for sure, but took some planning and strategy.

The Rock Band endless setlist ones were always fun with the right group.