• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Rest in love, Nujabes. Safe to say his music helped define my tastes. Amazingly talented guy and I feel he was underrated on the whole

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Honestly thought it had been longer. Although I loved the Samurai Champloo OST I didn't properly listen to Nujabes until his death was posted on the old place, and I started checking out some other stuff from him. A true legend.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
funny, I was thinking about him this morning because tokyo godfathers had an ad playing and that had me feeling sad about satoshi kon and that started me on nujabes these legends are gone but they defined parts of me.

now I wanna do a rewatch of samurai champloo but gotta watch carol and Tuesday first, what a tangent.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Real cool to see that tribute at Sibuya crossing.

Nujabes was a large reason for my turn into following producers and beat makers over MCs. Started a whole spiral into what largely represents my taste in music today. Powerful artist, may he rest in peace.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Rest in Paradise. I'll bump Metaphorical on vinyl tonight. Too bad my Modal Soul copy won't make it today, but I'll hit that up as soon as I get it.

Tiny Hawk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm really glad that people still remember him and his music despite being gone for so long. I'll spin Modal Soul at full volume when it arrives later in the week.

RIP.

Deleted member 13015

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's awesome.

Love his music since 2010.

I usually avoid his music now, too melancholic (for me anyways).

RIP.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
came to make this exact thread, thank you OP

still can't believe he's gone & it's been a decade...fuck.
really hyped to finally have modal soul on wax hopefully next week or so, cannot wait for the bittersweet ride that is spiritual state one day

henlo_birb

Dec 15, 2017

This is one artist that has had a massive impact on me. Timeless tracks, and insanely influential. I just introduced my partner to him around a month ago. I have used his music therapeutically countless times. RIP.

Deleted member 46958

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
My hairs stood on end seeing that. Forever and always will I listen to your music. Thank you for all of it Seba Jun.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
I've sadly only heard some of his stuff in Samurai Champloo and they are legendary.

I'll be adding some of his discography to my listens this year (listening to at least 52 new albums), start-to-finish style.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Wow, that is really cool to see in Shibuya.

I discovered his music way after his death, and fell into a rabbit hole of new music. Amazing artist.

My fav:

The whole Luvsic is great, but the finale is so so good:

Last edited:

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow I can't believe it's been 10 years already. Still remember the day the news broke.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
As a teenager, I learned how to rap by practicing Nas and Black Thought lyrics over Nujabes beats. He's one of my favorite producers of all time.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Born on the same day as J Dilla. Two legends that left too soon. Basically the creators and biggest influences on the lo-fi genre.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Thanks for this tread, OP!

RIP Nujabes. His music has been among my most played tracks for the past 5 years and I don't see any signs of that stopping.

Jindrax

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Holy crap... I just discovered his beats a few months ago I had no idea he passed away :(

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
Just when I was wondering what music I could play to feel a bit better today than I have been lately, this thread appears. About to put Modal Soul on the stereo, thanks for the reminder OP!

Edit: Nujabes was a genuine breath of fresh air to me when I felt a lot of hip-hop had become cynical and stale. Modal Soul is just such a perfect album