• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
...or should I say a smanger?

SvGvejt.png

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Finally, a thread delivers the high promises of its title.

SMANG IT! 🚙

* Except it should be a "Smanger" of a hit

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Nov 19, 2019
I'm having a "time is a flat circle" moment.

This is the first time I've ever seen this and I feel like I'm watching a modern, totally relevant, not-even-really-a-joke, meme song that could've come out this morning.

mikhailguy

Banned
Jun 20, 2019
classic. he comes off pretty humble and real in the tweet. wouldn't have expected that, given the inscrutable humor of the music videos

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX

viandante

Apr 24, 2020
somebody should post 'naughty farmer' in here

i saw turquoise jeep live like eight years ago.? entertaining as hell

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I knew what this was before opening!

Still sad I missed them playing with Of Montreal year ago... Would've been an amazing night!

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
There's a bit where the camera zooms in on humma's face and I swear to god his facial expression cracks me up every single time

Also:

TheRightDeal

Oct 27, 2017
Followed TQJ pretty heavily in college, but fell of when Humma drifted away, truly the heart of the group.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having a "time is a flat circle" moment.

This is the first time I've ever seen this and I feel like I'm watching a modern, totally relevant, not-even-really-a-joke, meme song that could've come out this morning.
It's pretty notable how stagnant culture has been since like 2005. Comparing that to like 1955-1970 is pretty stark

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Me dressed up as Flynt Flo$$y for Halloween years ago pretty trashed. Simpler times man 🤣🤣🤣

Consensual

Oct 25, 2017
Really? You're going to post about Turquoise Jeep on ERA and not even include Crotch Rock That Girl?!

tripleg

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 30, 2020
not really sure what you're getting at -- do you know Flynt Flossy personally?

I've met him a few times, yes. I'm not sure why my point missed, all I'm saying is it's weird to not seperate art from artist and to pre-judge people based on other people's idiosyncracies. Didn't know that was so controversial.

Axiom

Oct 25, 2017
People need to know this is a Turquoise Jeep thread, I would have been here sooner.

Enjoying Sex Syrup and Smang It (in whatever way) are indicators of a person worth knowing.

KamenSenshi

Nov 27, 2017

Can't believe it's been a decade of TQJ and Little Big Planet. They put on a good live show, saw them while they were all in the crew.

Deleted member 4274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, they had a little something with fried or fertilized, go grab my belt, et al, but it was way too nerdy for me.

mikhailguy

Banned
Jun 20, 2019
I've met him a few times, yes. I'm not sure why my point missed, all I'm saying is it's weird to not seperate art from artist and to pre-judge people based on other people's idiosyncracies. Didn't know that was so controversial.

I'm going to indulge your apparent pedantic qualities -- part of the reason the videos were widely circulated was their surreal nature. People seemed to be unsure whether they were jokes/some sort of satire/completely serious/some combination. I am sure some people now claim to unironically like their music videos.

Regardless, I've only ever seen Flynt Flossy wearing what appears to be a fake, Groucho Marx mustache and sunglasses. Most artists that I'm familiar with that operate in that somewhat inscrutable mode, tend to be mysterious and vague -- usually saying things like, "it is what it is," in relation to their work. All I was saying is that I'm surprised that his tweet regarding the 10th anniversary sounded so down to earth. To clarify, the low budget aesthetics of the videos always came off as completely intentional and not the result of financial constraints to me.

Is it controversial for me to be surprised that he was so forthcoming, when it was the mystery that initially drew so many people to Turquoise Jeep's music? Was it necessary for you to naively assume that I can't, "seperate the art from the artist?"

Unrelated, but you have been consistently misspelling, "separate."

Last edited:

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Yo that Moon Rock collabo is FIRE!! Instant classic. These guys have some of the best songs. I can listen to their music and just be timeless for me.