• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

phranc

Nov 13, 2017
This is disgusting. Republicans will probably say with the way she dressed she was asking for it. Monsters

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sick reading this. My 16 year old goddaughter lives in Ohio and this was my first fear. And I'll bet the asshole responsible for impregnating a 10 year old isn't gonna have shit done to him.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
Republican voters are the most evil, terrible and stupid people on earth. I feel like they are definitive proof that god either isn't real, or he's just as sick as them.

Completely destroying us, themselves and the rest of earth and for what? To make sure others that don't look like them don't get ahead? That their team "wins"?

Absolute stupid monsters.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
"If a woman has the right to an abortion, why shouldn't a man be free to use his superior strength to force himself on a woman? At least the rapist's pusuit of sexual freedom doesn't in most cases result in anyone's death."
- Lawrence Lockman (R-ME)
I had to google that because I wanted to believe this quote was fake (it's, of course, real). Holy shit this is vile.

sakkeke

Oct 16, 2021
Finland
Republican voters are the most evil, terrible and stupid people on earth. I feel like they are definitive proof that god either isn't real, or he's just as sick as them.

Completely destroying us, themselves and the rest of earth and for what? To make sure others that don't look like them don't get ahead? That their team "wins"?

Absolute stupid monsters.
You said it better than I ever could. Fuck them all.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
So "pro-life", the rape of a 10 year old just don't matter.

I don't want to live in this planet anymore

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
The victim being that young makes it a risky pregnancy so denying abortion is an attempt of murder by the state.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"If a woman has the right to an abortion, why shouldn't a man be free to use his superior strength to force himself on a woman? At least the rapist's pusuit of sexual freedom doesn't in most cases result in anyone's death."
NO FUCKING WAY

WHAT

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Fucking sickening man. This is just cruel as hell. Those dumbasses know damn well if their own child went through this shit they'd jump through every hoop to prevent this. Too hard to look down from your ivory tower.

sbenji

Jul 25, 2019
The GOP doesn't care about unborn babies either. They care about removing rights for women (and everyone else who isn't cis white male) and controlling women's bodies. They care about kowtowing to the NRA and oil, who line their pockets.

That's all. All talking points are smokescreens to hide these pillars

Their biggest source of Money is the voters. The nra contributes an abysmally small percentage of funding to anyone — which is how most of them get rich by legally siphoning campaign funds via firms setup just for that purpose. Don't allow yourself to fall in the trap of removing the blame from the republican voters.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Some comments on rape from Republican politicians. Actual true comments here. Imagine these people saying any of this to a 10 year old girl.

"Rape is kinda like the weather. If it's inevitable, relax and enjoy it."
- Clayton Williams (R-TX)

"If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down."
- Todd Akin (R-MO)

"Rape victims should make the best of a bad situation."
- Rick Santorum (R-PA)

"Even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape it is something that God intended to happen."
- Richard Mourdock (R-IN)

"In the emergency room they have what's called rape kits, where a woman can get cleaned out."
- Jodie Laubenberg (R-TX)

"Rape is a difficult issue, but if a baby is created, it is a human life and whether that mother ends that pregnancy or not the scars will not go away, period. It is a shame that it happens, but there's an opportunity for that woman – no matter how young or old she is – to make a determination about what she's going to do to help that life be a productive human being … That child can grow up and be something magnificent, a wonderful family person, cure cancer, etc."
- Jean Schmidt (R-OH)

These are all incredibly horrible.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
I just heard that ag on the radio saying, "yeah we think the story may be fake." He also said the girl didn't have to go out of state and that the heartbeat bill would have protected her.

The Ohio and Tennessee laws make exceptions for the life of the mother or for risk of "substantial and irreversible impairment of a major bodily function." This could include preeclampsia, diabetes, multiple sclerosis, premature rupture of membranes or inevitable miscarriage. Neither makes exceptions for incest or rape, including rape of a child. Both laws also specify that a woman's mental health does not qualify for an exemption.

But then followed up with "I don't think a jury would convict a 10 year old."

Trash.

Last edited:

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Some comments on rape from Republican politicians. Actual true comments here. Imagine these people saying any of this to a 10 year old girl.

"If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down."
- Todd Akin (R-MO)

- Rick Santorum (R-PA)

"Even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape it is something that God intended to happen."

"In the emergency room they have what's called rape kits, where a woman can get cleaned out."

"Rape is a difficult issue, but if a baby is created, it is a human life and whether that mother ends that pregnancy or not the scars will not go away, period. It is a shame that it happens, but there's an opportunity for that woman – no matter how young or old she is – to make a determination about what she's going to do to help that life be a productive human being … That child can grow up and be something magnificent, a wonderful family person, cure cancer, etc."
- Jean Schmidt (R-OH)
There is something very wrong with a country that gives these typea if people power. They should be shunned and ridiculed by society to the point where they shut the fuck up and crawl into their hole forever but instead they are given public office.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Apparently, some on the right were spreading conspiracy theories that this was all fake. Well, they arrested the guy, who confessed to raping her at least twice. EDIT: Oops, was already posted half an hour before, didn't see that.

www.dispatch.com

Arrest made in rape of Ohio girl that led to Indiana abortion drawing international attention

The man was arraigned in Ohio. The case has led to national attention in the abortion debate following the Supreme Court decision on Roe v. Wade.

Last edited:

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I would be sincerely sickened by any of the details in the story individually. But all together it's so much worse.

Glad the abuser was arrested. May he rot forever.

Oct 28, 2017
An arrest has been made and Ohios own AG was doubting this.

www.dispatch.com

Arrest made in rape of Ohio girl that led to Indiana abortion drawing international attention

The man was arraigned in Ohio. The case has led to national attention in the abortion debate following the Supreme Court decision on Roe v. Wade.
The A.G. was too busy making political points and sowing doubt as to the veracity of the story rather than demanding an arrest. What an abject scumbag. Disgraceful.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I just heard that ag on the radio saying, "yeah we think the story may be fake." He also said the girl didn't have to go out of state and that the heartbeat bill would have protected her.

But then followed up with "I don't think a jury would convict a 10 year old."

Trash.

The goal of the bills isn't really to block abortion, I mean it is, but it's more nefarious than that. It's to add this sort of undecidedness to the law. So the AG says "I don't think that a jury would convict a 10 year old." But... Even if the 10 year old is cleared of charges, the risk that a jury *might* convict th 10 year old or that court fees might bankrupt a 10 year old and her family for life, the *risk* is as much as the actual threat.

And this 10 year old, according to the article, might be undocumented... So even more, a jury might not convict a 10 year old but would they deport her? Would she be taken in by ice and separated from her family...?

Further, does the Ohio heartbeat bill penalize healthcare workers and Uber drivers who participate in some support role like other states laws so...?

A big fuck you to that AG. It's not just the law, just the conviction, it's this whole cloud of worry that people going through the worst days of their lives....having been raped and now having to deal with changes to your body because you're a pregnant 10 year old... These are the worst days of this person's young life, and the AG is speculating about what a jury may or may not do *to a 10 year old*

The cruelty is the point for them

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even have words, this is beyond unacceptable.

The Republicans claim to be of God but I sure as hell don't see him any where near this country.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently, some on the right were spreading conspiracy theories that this was all fake. Well, they arrested the guy, who confessed to raping her at least twice. EDIT: Oops, was already posted half an hour before, didn't see that.

www.dispatch.com

The Right is so stupid, like even if this case was fake, which it isn't, do they really think no 10 year is ever raped and none of them can get pregnant?

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
An arrest has been made and Ohios own AG was doubting this.

www.dispatch.com

Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost also questioned the validity of the account during an appearance on Fox News this week.

Yost, a Republican, told Fox News host Jesse Watters that his office had not heard "a whisper" of a report being filed for the 10-year-old victim.
"We have regular contact with prosecutors and local police and sheriffs — not a whisper anywhere," Yost said on the show.
Yost doubled down on that in an interview with the USA TODAY Network Ohio bureau on Tuesday, saying that the more time passed before confirmation made it "more likely that this is a fabrication."
On Wednesday, once news of the arraignment came, Yost issued a single sentence statement:

"We rejoice anytime a child rapist is taken off the streets."
It's always either "it is all part of God's plan" or "Hoax!!111" with these sociopaths.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
The Right is so stupid, like even if this case was fake, which it isn't, do they really think no 10 year is ever raped and none of them can get pregnant?
I saw a report this week saying something like 48 under-15's had abortions in Ohio last year. So no, she won't be the only one in this situation thanks to their policies.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The Ohio AG showing up on Fox News to spread doubt/disinfo about the story and doubling down was a choice.

"The cruelty is the point" is a massive understatement.

Mr Paptimus

Oct 26, 2017
I still can't believe in a country like this (I mean obviously now we can, but idealistically), we have lifetime appointments for something so controlling and powerful. Without even anyway to impeach these awful people.

Wellin theory they can be impeached and removed. It just impossible to do practically because the opposing party would have to at least partially vote for it.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

- Todd Akin (R-MO)

- Rick Santorum (R-PA)

- Jean Schmidt (R-OH)
There's no way these are real...Certified dumbasses wtfffff

This is why politicians and people with no point of reference should steer of acting informed when it comes to anything remotely medical related. This is some of the worst shit I've ever read.

Rhythmaxed

Oct 27, 2017
It is great that she managed to get to a state that still allows abortions. What is going to happen to children who have families who can't afford the trip? :(

ascagnel

Mar 29, 2018

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.

Not to mention they already make horrendous excuses for forced pregnancies in children -- who do they think they're fooling in assuming they wouldn't do the same here?

And of course they're already blaming illegal immigration. (Reports say the rapist was undocumented)

"Too good to confirm?" What the hell is this ghoulish headline?

Last edited:

AIan

Oct 20, 2019

- Todd Akin (R-MO)

- Rick Santorum (R-PA)

- Jean Schmidt (R-OH)

I think I'm going to puke.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
WSJ is just straight trash these days.

You can't publish stuff like that on your Opinion page (by the 'Editorial Board' no less) and then go "Oh that's just the Op Eds! It's not us!" to wash your hands of it.

In the end they gave the space to that vile trash regardless of the origin and should get called out for it.

'Too Good to Confirm' is just extra vile.

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO

- Todd Akin (R-MO)

- Rick Santorum (R-PA)

- Jean Schmidt (R-OH)
OMG... these are horrific things to say. WTF