• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Rapists can now choose their child's mother thanks to the Supreme Court.

Fuck every Republican from now til the end of time. I really hope Hell exists.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
The icing on the cake is the Ohio lawmaker that said that the girl should look at the rapist's fetus as "an opportunity".

Also she's lucky she can go to Indiana, because they're working on their own bans.

Oct 28, 2017
Monsters exist, they're called republicans.

Didn't a republican recently go on record and say that the life of the fetus is more important than the mother or something like that? Absolutely sickening.

vinnygambini

Dec 11, 2018
A 10 year-old child…. raped and then told she is pregnant with that man's child. Follow that up with a ban on reproductive rights in her state.

I cant even fathom what is going on in her mind. Just heartbreaking.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
I just cannot fathom how little care or how much disregard one has to have for women and girls for this to seem even remotely acceptable. That republicans truly value the worth of their mothers, wives, sisters, daughters, and so forth so little, that they don't mind their death and torture for minor perceived gains of... uh, I guess a stronger patriarchial society, as well as perhaps all the other bullshit they believe any of this brings, just repulsive.

Where's a modicum of empathy?

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Just think: eventually, the GoFundMes for airlifting raped, pregnant girls to California to receive appropriate medical care won't look shocking or novel, and by then, conversation will have turned towards crowdfunding legal fees to defend the murder charges they'll catch during their return flight.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
Religion was a mistake. All this anti-science bullshit is a direct result of religious fanatic larpers. When you train yourself to believe in religion despite the myriad obvious contradictions, you're primed to believe any other bullshit. Qanon, Aliens, whatever.

Just came back from Korea and wouldn't you know…there were some antivax people on the street…and they were of course Christians with nonsense signs about the mark of the beast and other American classics.

The way I see it, more kids = more slaves for the rich. They themselves are above all these laws they force on the less fortunate classes. But of course all this is short-term thinking harmful to everybody in the end…

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
This is the kind of shit you usually hear or read in a Central America country where the fundamentalist nutjobs control the government. Guess that's what the illegitimate court wanted.

Hope the one responsible goes to jail and rot there for eternity.

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
Jesus fucking christ thats so sickening! She's fucking 10 years old what the fuck is wrong people!!!

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
A 10 year-old child…. raped and then told she is pregnant with that man's child. Follow that up with a ban on reproductive rights in her state.

I cant even fathom what is going on in her mind. Just heartbreaking.
Also, to now be at the center of a media firestorm. Even if she isn't named, her family knowing the country is talking about their child must be a terrible additional burden.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
I like how some people are suggesting the whole country will fall into a civil war over this. People are far more pragmatic and cynical to care that much about abortion. The Dems certainly are and will be probably move on faster than a lot of people think.

It's not solely abortion. If states start ignoring SCOTUS, things start to break down. It doesn't have to be an actual war.

TonyBaduy

Oct 11, 2020
Mexico
Not that this isn't nightmarish enough, but imagine if a federal ban gets passed. Her choices would be to somehow arrange for an abortion in another country, or actually carry and give birth to her rapist's child.

Imagine facing something like that at 10 years old.
Who says they'd allow people to choose to abort in another country? They could very well pass a law that criminalizes even that. Some states may go as far as to criminalize abortion in life or death situations eventually.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Once again. Fuck the United States of America for this shit. Fuck SCOTUS. Fuck the rapist, fuck Republicans. This is a literal child they are forcing to give birth here.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Can't they even, at the very least, consider the number of health problems that can come from a 10 year old giving birth? For the both of them?

Dec 30, 2020
Every politician in Ohio who saw this case and decided to stick to the letter of the law deserves the crippling beating of a lifetime.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
So, is someone going to try and charge her with murder once she goes back to Ohio?

I hate that I'm asking that legitimately and not sarcastically.

What the fuck, America?

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Some comments on rape from Republican politicians. Actual true comments here. Imagine these people saying any of this to a 10 year old girl.

"Rape is kinda like the weather. If it's inevitable, relax and enjoy it."
- Clayton Williams (R-TX)

"If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down."
- Todd Akin (R-MO)

"Rape victims should make the best of a bad situation."
- Rick Santorum (R-PA)

"Even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape it is something that God intended to happen."
- Richard Mourdock (R-IN)

"In the emergency room they have what's called rape kits, where a woman can get cleaned out."
- Jodie Laubenberg (R-TX)

"If a woman has the right to an abortion, why shouldn't a man be free to use his superior strength to force himself on a woman? At least the rapist's pusuit of sexual freedom doesn't in most cases result in anyone's death."
- Lawrence Lockman (R-ME)

"Rape is a difficult issue, but if a baby is created, it is a human life and whether that mother ends that pregnancy or not the scars will not go away, period. It is a shame that it happens, but there's an opportunity for that woman – no matter how young or old she is – to make a determination about what she's going to do to help that life be a productive human being … That child can grow up and be something magnificent, a wonderful family person, cure cancer, etc."
- Jean Schmidt (R-OH)

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
It seems that we left Afghanistan only to create our own Christofascist, religious extremist state. These lawmakers (and Supreme Court justices) are cut from the same cloth as the Taliban.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Ohio we the Republicans here are vile.

Ohio lawmaker says baby born of rape, incest 'still has the right to life'

ohiocapitaljournal.com

Ohio lawmaker says baby born of rape, incest ‘still has the right to life’ • Ohio Capital Journal

The sponsor of legislation that would ban nearly all abortions in Ohio said babies conceived via rape or incest have a right to life.

My wife was explaining to me that they calculate conception means that anyone pregnant may have about 2 weeks at best to know and have a chance at choice.

In this case, "sorry, you're 3 days over the 6 week limit."

This is why a bunch are advocating for the deletion of app tracking cycles. Because then they could be requested to see if someone was pregnant but a particular date.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
I am not an expert, but THIS is what JeSuS / gOd wAnteD ... yes?

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Monsters exist, they're called republicans.

Didn't a republican recently go on record and say that the life of the fetus is more important than the mother or something like that? Absolutely sickening.

Funny how they stop giving a shit when they are gunned down in school.
It's never been about "saving babies". It's always been about controlling women.
Absolutely vile and despicable monsters.

Oct 26, 2017
GOP only care about unwanted unborn babies over children.
The GOP doesn't care about unborn babies either. They care about removing rights for women (and everyone else who isn't cis white male) and controlling women's bodies. They care about kowtowing to the NRA and oil, who line their pockets.

That's all. All talking points are smokescreens to hide these pillars

Oct 27, 2017
It seems that we left Afghanistan only to create our own Christofascist, religious extremist state. These lawmakers (and Supreme Court justices) are cut from the same cloth as the Taliban.
Absolutely. That's why Evangelicals had the biggest reaction to 9/11 and Islamic terrorists in general: they see themselves looking back in the mirror and think, "Only I should be able to terrorize society to achieve my agenda."

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
The GOP doesn't care about unborn babies either. They care about removing rights for women (and everyone else who isn't cis white male) and controlling women's bodies. They care about kowtowing to the NRA and oil, who line their pockets.

That's all. All talking points are smokescreens to hide these pillars

Yeah, more people need to figure this out. The "unborn" are just a convenient excuse.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Women will die, either from bad quality abortions or men who will kill them when they get pregnant. Fetuses will still be aborted. Live babies will die after being delivered in a bathroom stall and left in dumpsters or the woods.

The GOP doesn't care about any of that. It's only ever been about control, and not just over women, but over the Republican voters that pretend it's a big issue for them.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck anyone that allowed Roe v Wade overturn to happen. Wow, poor girl

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
Religion was a mistake. All this anti-science bullshit is a direct result of religious fanatic larpers. When you train yourself to believe in religion despite the myriad obvious contradictions, you're primed to believe any other bullshit. Qanon, Aliens, whatever.

Just came back from Korea and wouldn't you know…there were some antivax people on the street…and they were of course Christians with nonsense signs about the mark of the beast and other American classics.

The way I see it, more kids = more slaves for the rich. They themselves are above all these laws they force on the less fortunate classes. But of course all this is short-term thinking harmful to everybody in the end…

Yep, this is the main point. It also means poor people will never get out of poverty because their limited resources will be spent on kids they didn't want but now have to raise.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
It's getting a lot harder to not see right wingers on the whole as just taking sick, vicious pleasure in the wholesale suffering of innocents. It's breathtaking at times. Like I'm beginning to think it's not just a callous inability to empathize, it's more so a howling storm of existential torment that they want to inflict on a world they can't fully control. It's not just that they hate liberals or progressive ideals, they hate humanity's imperfect nature(from their perspective) and spend every waking moment plotting revenge on it.

Abject violent sociopaths, the lot of them.
This is why so many psychopaths are drawn to Christianity. Because it sanctifies their thirst for seeing their perceived enemies suffer under a facade of "holiness". That whole sending their opposites to burn in hell tenet is made to order for them, but still not enough to satisfy their bloodlust. Hence, the boundless cruelty for its own sake in this life.