• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sweet Blue

Nov 1, 2018
Oh my god, the first 10 games were already nice ones, but this is getting even better. If we can just get Dynamite Headdy and Ristar as well, it will be perfect to me <3

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
Man, so is it too late to pre-order a Japanese version too??? Some of the games on the Japanese version would be fantastic to play. Japan also gets the better controller lol.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
|OT| Sega wins the (mini) console war!

I know it's early to tell but damn

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
TaleSpin, MJ's Moonwalker, Aladdin, Sunset Riders, Batman and Robin, Sonic and Knuckles, Ultimate MK3, TMNT: THH, Out Run and Streets of Rage 3 would make this the perfect lineup for me.

Last edited:

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Yeah, agreed on all counts. SNES Classic lacking Chrono Trigger is my only real gripe with it, and that's probably more on Square-Enix than Nintendo.

I'd bet MUSHA'S still in, they'll just make it one of the later announcements, like what they've seemingly done with Sonic 2. It'd definitely (and already kinda has) be overshadowed by the EWJ and Disney reveals.
My thing about the SNES Classic is the games overall are just as not as appealing for me. Outside of Earthbound, Super Metroid and Super Punch-Out, I don't care THAT much for Nintendo's output on it.

Also, seeing that both Sonic 1 and 2 were announced in separate events, i think there is a chance we will see thunderforce iii and iv.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
They handled the Wii VC release, too!
It's not the first time... Earthworm Jim 1 & 2 were released on the Wii VC (M2 did all of the MD and SMS emulation for the Wii VC); so this is the second time they've worked on Earthworm Jim 1.

Oh I didn't know M2 handled the Wii VC emulation but that makes sense.

I will say that these days I'm more of EWJ2 guy. Its weird and experimental nature pushed me away as a kid but now I think that's what makes that game hold up better for me than EWJ1. The two things I really hate about EWJ2 though is the quiz (loved it the first time but it just drags the game down on replays) and the pocket rocket stages (I have a deep hatred for these stages in EWJ2 and like the quiz they really drag the game down). Other than that, I would recommend EWJ2 to anyone in 2019 and I wouldn't really recommend EWJ1.

Either way, EWJ1 is the more important game and a rad inclusion.

To be honest, I never really played it, but if it goes into this little gem, it would be a perfect way to finally take some time for me to get familiar with Rocket Knight =)

Yes though I will say, Sparkster (AKA Rocket Knight Adventures 2) is both the better game and far more difficult acquire (at least for a reasonable price) though honestly if both RKA games made it onto this thing it would be pretty rad.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
TaleSpin, MJ's Moonwalker, Aladdin, Sunset Riders, Batman and Robin, Sonic and Knuckles, Ultimate MK3, Out Run and Streets of Rage 3 would make this the perfect lineup for me.
I'm guessing that one is not happening

Glad you brought up S&K though because that made me think, why couldn't they just put that on there? All the music issues seem to relate exclusively to Sonic 3. It's not ideal but it'd be better than nothing.

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
I'm guessing that one is not happening

Glad you brought up S&K though because that made me think, why couldn't they just put that on there? All the music issues seem to relate exclusively to Sonic 3. It's not ideal but it'd be better than nothing.
I thought they have the same soundtrack?

Deleted member 4609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

No, Sonic 3 has all the MJ and friends tracks, S&K was all Sega in-house. What people want is the combined version of both (which already replaced stuff like boss themes with the S&K variants), but since that's probably not going to happen, standalone S&K shouldn't be a legal problem.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
The S&K half of the game has no Michael Jackson music.

Then again, I forget if you can listen to the Sonic 3 stuff through the sound test, which would render the point moot.

edit: I just looked this up and S&K doesn't have any of the Sonic 3 tracks on it. It should be fine to include, legally speaking.

Last edited:

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
There are two more reveals and there has been one Sonic game per reveal so far, why are people bothering with petitions already?

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Holy crap, this is potentially huge on multiple levels if SEGA's been working with Disney on rereleasing their old stuff! This excerpt from a DualShockers article last year suddenly looks very promising:

"With Virtua Racing on Switch, [M2 will] reproduce the original arcade version and even improve it. They're using a functioning Sega Model 1 arcade system board for research. They've got a great grasp of it and could even make a Switch version of Model-1's Star Wars Arcade game if they had the authorization, and they hope they will."

241c4ac43c9c430e11623a530b8d53338f008a8c_hq.gif
Jesus Christ.

I first played this last week. I was floored.

If they did this ( with decent fps)...

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
I see Shinobi III: Return Of The Ninja Master and Streets Of Rage 2 made the list - all I need now is:

The Revenge Of Shinobi
Streets Of Rage
Strider
Ghouls n' Ghosts
Alien Storm
The Adventures Of Batman & Robin
Alien Soldier
Golden Axe
Outrun
Super Thunder Blade
Ecco II: The Tides Of Time
E-Swat
Aladdin
Technocop
Joe Montana Football II Sports Talk Football
Eternal Champions
Dynamite Duke
Rocket Knight Adventures
Super Hang-On
Alex Kidd In The Enchanted Castle

ElitePenguin

Oct 27, 2017
That's actually a pretty good line-up. I beat most of those games in my youth, but I'll definitely play them again.

Deleted member 2620

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really like mini-consoles and with the Analogue I don't need this, but M2 collections are a weak point for me. Damn.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The situation with Sonic 3 is extremely dicey, so it'll probably require special attention from Sega to clear the rights to put it on this thing.
I guess, but you don't think Sega already know that people want Sonic 3 etc and they will do what they can?

OP
OP

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
My thing about the SNES Classic is the games overall are just as not as appealing for me. Outside of Earthbound, Super Metroid and Super Punch-Out, I don't care THAT much for Nintendo's output on it.

Also, seeing that both Sonic 1 and 2 were announced in separate events, i think there is a chance we will see thunderforce iii and iv.
Yeah, I get that. Those three games and the third party titles are what enticed me the most along with Star Fox 2's novelty, even if it isn't all that great.

There's just nothing but back to back quality on all fronts so far with the Genesis Mini, though. When the worst thing I can say about the lineup is that Puyo Puyo 2 might have been a better US get than Mean Bean Machine, that's pretty good.

And hell, there's looking to be actual merit in getting both the US and JP consoles, and not for regional favoritism from Sega, but because there's just two many damn good games between the regions.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sega is going all out with this. If there's ANY reasonable chance of a Sonic 3 and Knuckles re-release, it's happening here. If it's not included, don't expect to see those games brought back for a veeeery long time.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Much rather Earthworm Jim 2, not because it's better than the 1st but because there's no way to play the game currently on any console. At least XBOX Live has an Earthworm Jim Remake.

Oct 27, 2017
Even though I own two MegaDrives and most of those games already, I couldn't help it and pre-ordered this thing as soon as I read the new list of games.

Mega Drive is part of my childhood and if I bought the SNES mini I definitely need to get this. Can't wait to blast those SoR2 tunes on my home theater.

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
Games selection is shaping up to be very good.
Let's hope the rest 20 games follow suit.
Seem this time Sega really want to nail it.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Longshots for me but Truxton and Mystic Defender would be great adds. They aren't popular so I will hold my breath but I would like to play both of them again.

OP
OP

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I don't really like mini-consoles and with the Analogue I don't need this, but M2 collections are a weak point for me. Damn.
Hell of a contrast to Capcom finally putting out Aliens Vs. Predator, but on a dumb looking cumbersome arcade stick with an emulator that may or may not be illegally used in the product.

What a week.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
I wonder if we'll get Earthworm Jim 2. ToeJam and Earl would be great also. Awesome start for both regions so this is something I actually look forward to playing,