• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Eh, it's not officially confirmed yet Heard and Leto are reprising their roles for the additional photography. If they are, then I will agree it's not great optics. Even then Snyder cast Heard before the lawsuits and Leto wasn't cast for his movies.

I thought Leto was confirmed but Heard was still a rumor? (I could be wrong on this.)

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Do they?

Not a single word from the Avengers cast...

I only found out how much of a turd he was because of ERA. I feel like a lot of his bullshit is somehow covered up.

i mean if they did they wouldn't openly say it during the height of their careers. He still has clout. That said, you need only look at how he treated Charisma Carpenter in Angel

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
i mean if they did they wouldn't openly say it during the height of their careers. He still has clout. That said, you need only look at how he treated Charisma Carpenter in Angel

Kind of whack he even got that job in the first place considering what was out in the open before that. Typical White Hollywood falling upward.

I do think you have untouchables like RDJ who could say something without facing much cooperate backlash.

I think during his Disney stunts he was on his best behavior. It led to him getting the job with WB.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, that definitely goes beyond a rumor.

It's just not "official" because WB doesn't want it out there yet, similar to how Variety broke the news that Captain America 3 was going to be Civil War with RDJ and Marvel didn't confirm it for another month.

Heard's lawyer stated she was not currently working so it's unlikely she is doing any reshoots.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, that definitely goes beyond a rumor.

It's just not "official" because WB doesn't want it out there yet, similar to how Variety broke the news that Captain America 3 was going to be Civil War with RDJ and Marvel didn't confirm it for another month.
Marvel is different from DC. There are (former) executives that are trying to change the narrative ever since the AT&T acquisition happened. Some are still clinging onto the positition they had.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/ray-fisher-joss-whedon-justice-league-1234695831/amp/
When reached for comment on Wednesday afternoon, Berg told Variety that it was "categorically untrue that we enabled any unprofessional behavior."

"I remember [Fisher] being upset that we wanted him to say 'Booyaa,' which is a well known saying of Cyborg in the animated series," Berg added.

https://deadline.com/2020/07/jason-...e-action-warner-bros-stampede-1202975009/amp/
Hours after Ray Fisher's story broke out.

And now from Forbes.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/sheraz...tigation-and-erasing-characters-of-color/amp/
According to representatives for Whedon, these decisions were made prior to his taking control of the project. A representative for Whedon said; The individual who offered this statement acknowledged that this was just something that he had heard from someone else and accepted as truth, when in fact simple research would prove that it was false. As is standard on almost all films, there were numerous people involved with mixing the final product, including the editor, special effects person, composer, etc. with the senior colorist responsible for the final version's tone, colors, and mood. This process was further complicated on this project by the fact that Zack shot on film, while Joss shot on digital, which required the team, led by the same senior colorist who has worked on previous films for Zack, to reconcile the two.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whedon's rebuttal is basically everything but "we didn't do that".

As an amateur colorist, it's pretty rich for them to claim that the senior colorist has final say, without the director, on the color grade.

I guess, given how hectic this production was, it's possible...but the colorist is working for the director/production, not the other way around.

Not a single word from the Avengers cast...
Hey now, they were brave enough to Assemble and defend Chris Pratt once he was called out for claiming apoliticism while following right wing nutjobs and media outlets on social media.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
You didn't see how quick they came to the defense of pratt?
Whedon's rebuttal is basically everything but "we didn't do that".

As an amateur colorist, it's pretty rich for them to claim that the senior colorist has final say, without the director, on the color grade.

I guess, given how hectic this production was, it's possible...but the colorist is working for the director/production, not the other way around.

Hey now, they were brave enough to Assemble and defend Chris Pratt once he was called out for claiming apoliticism while following right wing nutjobs and media outlets on social media.

You can't count on Hollywood for fucking anything I guess. Defending someone on the right wing propaganda mill is a lot easier than defending some of the heinous shit Joss has been able to get away with, apparently.

I hope he finally answers for it.

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
I want to know how in the world does someone have the audacity to change the entire script that the previous director had already been filming into the hot garbage it ended up being? Like did he have no shame in changing another man's entire piece of work knowing he had taken time off due to a personal tragedy?

This makes it all the more disappointing that the Snyder Cut is continuing to use Amber Heard, Ezra Miller, and Jared Leto.

Just curious, what did Ezra and Jared do?

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
I want to know how in the world does someone have the audacity to change the entire script that the previous director had already been filming into the hot garbage it ended up being? Like did he have no shame in changing another man's entire piece of work knowing he had taken time off due to a personal tragedy?

Not defending Whedon or WB, but the answer is "because WB wanted Avengers money" so they brought the Avengers director to do his thing. Neither Avengers or JLA were personal projects from the hearts of their directors, just commercial work.

OP
OP
Wingfan19

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Just curious, what did Ezra and Jared do?
Ezra was caught on camera "choking" a woman while intoxicated outside of a bar in Iceland. It's still unclear exactly what was happening and if it was "playful" or they attacked her. There has been no real follow up or legal action taken against Miller and WB nor Miller has ever commented on it.

variety.com

Ezra Miller Appears to Choke Woman in Video

Ezra Miller appears to have choked a woman at a bar in Reykjavik, Iceland in a video that surfaced online late Sunday night.

Leto has been hinted at (from James Gunn on Twitter no less) that he may have had inappropriate relations with women under 18. Again, nothing has ever really come of it.

www.screengeek.net

James Gunn Implies That Jared Leto Is A Pedophile

Jared Leto is the latest celebrity to be accused of sexual misconduct, and director James Gunn is even implying that it's with underage girls.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Forbes updated the article:
Update (11/2/2020): This story and headline have been updated from the original version, which the editors determined lacked journalistic rigor and fairness. Quotation marks were added to indicate Fisher's use of the word "toxic" in the headline. Comments were added from Warner Bros. and representatives for Joss Whedon.

So yeah, I don't know what to believe. I think Fisher experienced something for sure but he might not have had all of his facts straight