• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Spend 3k on clothes and the rest on rearranging my room: New furniture, new TV, new bed, paint it nice, hang a couple of framed posters, new chair and more stuff.

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
I would buy a car. Never really needed one but after moving to a small village it's starting to feel like a necessity. 10,000 won't get me a very good car but something half-way decent should be possible if I buy a used one.

But why did you stipulate "guilt-free"? Am I supposed to feel ashamed if I buy something for 10,000? Unless I use it on prostitutes and drugs, I don't see the connection.

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
An insane PC setup, with the works like multiple high framerate HDR monitors, Valve Index, and a comfy not broken chair.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Does putting it towards a down payment on a house work? I'm actually right about $10K short of where I want to be for that.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
White Ceramic Apple Watch Series 5
77" LG C9 OLED
Preorder PS5 and Xbox Two
Xbox Elite Controller v2

DonNadie

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A new MacBook, a full tune up and new tires for my car, a quick family vacation to the D.R. and winter gear : coat, boot gloves, mask etc.

OP
OP
Blue Skies

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
I would buy a car. Never really needed one but after moving to a small village it's starting to feel like a necessity. 10,000 won't get me a very good car but something half-way decent should be possible if I buy a used one.

But why did you stipulate "guilt-free"? Am I supposed to feel ashamed if I buy something for 10,000? Unless I use it on prostitutes and drugs, I don't see the connection.

I want to see what everyone's true consumerist desire is lol

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Studio gear. I'd get a decent bass guitar and lots of microphones. Anything leftover would go to soundproofing. I already have the PC, the interface, a nice keyboard workstation, tons of virtual instruments, and lots of guitar stuff.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
That's about £8,130 so...

A fancy Canon camera so I can shoot a short film.
Shit-hot surround sound system.
Nicely holiday for me and the partner.
A sick guitar.

AntoneM

Oct 25, 2017
A used car, mine is 15 years old now. Or, a long vacation abroad, I have like 3 weeks of vacation time. Or, a decked out home gym because I need to get more exercise. Or, a tool shed so I could have the tools needed to make/fix more stuff. Or, maybe a pool or put it toward a pool in the backyard.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
A few small renovations to a few roomS, new bed, paint etc.
4K TV and put some money away for PS5.
Small gifts for the family,

Probably put the rest towards my savings for a house deposit.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love one of those walk in tubs for my disabled ass. Ooh and a craftmatic (or similar) adjustable bed. Other than that, I don't have any current gen consoles, so that'd be nice. A new stove since my oven doesn't work in mine.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I've always wanted a decked-out gaming PC, so that would likely be a priority. That, & and a Switch with a ton of games.

Hmm, so let's say that's about $2k on the PC and $1k on the Switch+games+accessories. The remaining $7k would just me going crazy supporting artists I guess. Doing a mix of finally buying stuff like a huge print+frame of this lovely artwork from Emily Willoughby:

To commissioning a bunch of my favorite artists on Twitter such as Gabriel N.U. and otherwise just buying a lot of art-related stuff I can't currently justify splurging on at all (like these cool triceratops coasters for instance) mainly to just support them more than anything and telling them to go nuts with whatever they like.

Alternatively, ever since like high school, I've really wanted to check out Utah's national parks. Namely, Bryce Canyon, but also stuff like Arches/Canyonlands/Zion while I'm in that general area. So yeah, spending like $2k or so on a trip to really enjoy all that for a bit would also be great.

Those are the main things that come to mind for me.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
2080 Ti, an OLED TV, some nice clothes and a trip should fit just nicely.
All stuff I wanna spend on but would be irresponsible 😬 (well the trip maybe less so, just too stingy haha)

Kizuna

Oct 27, 2017
I'd build a decent computer. Then get myself a nice chair to sit in front of that computer. Would probably replace my TV, a 42' Sony 1080p model from 5 years ago is pretty suboptimal in 2019, and get an X1X to go along with it.
I wanted to get into streaming and podcasting for the longest time, so I might just but good starting equipment for that.
And I'll spend whatever is left after the above on a trip to Japan.

Yeah, I am debt-free, but I don't earn much, so I could actually use some play money.

Oct 27, 2017
A new car, possibly a nice holiday for my family and I, a new laptop, a Switch and possibly an Xbox One, a new phone as my screen is smashed up. And I'd make I has enough at the end to treat my wife to a few weekends away and a spa treatment weekend.