• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
I remember years ago some guy took a dump at a local recreational club.

When approached by the manager, he said that the sign inside the locker room instructed everyone to "treat this place like home."

Also, jerkin' it in the work shower sounds like a TERRIBLE idea.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can't have responses on a survey that makes the survey taker giggle. It makes it too tempting to lie and say yes.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
wgISvN4.jpg

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Also fuck showering together for actual bathing. I get it when the sole purpose is to fool around, but for day to day bathing, hell no. Unless you have some extravagant shower, they aren't designed to have two people showering at once in them.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
At minimum I shower 14 times per week. Mofos are straight nasty.

I used to wish my job had a shower cause it's be nice to freshen up after a sweaty summer commute but not if folks are dropping deuces in there...

OP
OP
astro

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Do you believe they surveyed random people and found 33 that literally said "I poop in my work shower"?
I mean...

I have Ulcerative colitis, so I have some poop based horror stories I could share. Incontinence is a thing... IBD, IBS... these could factor in.

And we know how fucking gross some people are, this is nothing new.

Even without the survey this is pretty much my head cannon.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Less than 53% shower 7 times a week"

Let's talk about that one. It's slightly weighted to offend, but what about people who shower 6 times a week? Or every other day? I get that we're mostly talking about shitting in the shower, but that first stat seems designed for outrage but it's not that big of a deal.

I think I've even seen surveys that say you're not supposed to shower daily since it's bad for your skin or something.

Oct 27, 2017
I used to cycle to work and have a quick shower to freshen up before going to my desk. It was a nice way to start the day, although it was quite a big modern building and I haven't worked anywhere else which has had an on-site shower since. EDIT - actually, I did work another place that had a shower last year, but that was a long drive to get there for me so I never used it.

I also pee in the shower all the time. I don't really see the problem, and it's surely much better for water conservation than using then flushing the toilet.

OP
OP
astro

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I used to cycle to work and have a quick shower to freshen up before going to my desk. It was a nice way to start the day, although it was quite a big modern building and I haven't worked anywhere else which has had an on-site shower since. EDIT - actually, I did work another place that had a shower last year, but that was a long drive to get there for me so I never used it.

I also pee in the shower all the time. I don't really see the problem, and it's surely much better for water conservation than using then flushing the toilet.

I used my old work's shower after an hour commute in the summer months. I kept a pair of flip flops to use. It looked pretty clean but not taking chances...

There were hooks outside with loads of towels on, that grossed me out more than the the shower itself.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
We have showers at work because we have an on-site gym. (it's a separate building on the side of our main office)

That said, there are 49,403 members on Era. That means approx. 1647 of you have done this. Raise your hands.

I bet less than that have work showers at all lol

Heidern

Oct 30, 2017
Connecticut
The bullet points have their associated reactions but the article has a table where it gives percentages of people that wash their genitals at the sink. Seems legit.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Also fuck showering together for actual bathing. I get it when the sole purpose is to fool around, but for day to day bathing, hell no. Unless you have some extravagant shower, they aren't designed to have two people showering at once in them.

This. Maybe I'm just missing out, but I've never shared a shower with my wife and thought "This was much better than a solo shower"

Half of the time you're shivering in the cold trying to not get shampoo in your eyes while the other person is using the hot water

EarlGreyHot

Oct 27, 2017
I worked in a place once that had work showers, never used them. But if the toilets were any indication i'm happy I didn't. More than once I found turds on the toilet seat or on the ground

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
"Less than 53% shower 7 times a week"

Let's talk about that one. It's slightly weighted to offend, but what about people who shower 6 times a week? Or every other day? I get that we're mostly talking about shitting in the shower, but that first stat seems designed for outrage but it's not that big of a deal.

I think I've even seen surveys that say you're not supposed to shower daily since it's bad for your skin or something.

I definitely do not shower every day on the weekend unless I've done something strenuous. So I guess I'm part of that 53%.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Reminds me of this that was posted in a similar thread awhile back:

ufDItP1CCWwXqmUzH3uPHw3dA8aqScBl7FwdEwonts4.jpg

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
The pee in the shower thing and even the spanking it in the shower thing got no reaction from me, I honestly expect that.

The pooping in the shower thing is beyond savage though.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
as long as i dont have to see it or clean it up i could not care less

always wear flip flops in public showers anyways

OP
OP
astro

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I always assumed this was common sense lol. Though ever since a work related incident in 2014 involving a trash compactor, rats and garbage, I deep scrub my whole body. Feels bad.
Your body sheds skin and sweats and picks up bacteria and germs and needs scrubbing all over at the least on occasion.

Face, ears, belly button, under nails, feet... all need regular cleaning and water being poured over them won't cut it.

Oct 27, 2017
I used my old work's shower after an hour commute in the summer months. I kept a pair of flip flops to use. It looked pretty clean but not taking chances...

There were hooks outside with loads of towels on, that grossed me out more than the the shower itself.

Yeah, that's fair enough. No idea what the other folk are up to. I'm pretty sure I was about 1 of 2 people who used that shower, so it was different for me. I kept my own shower gel in there and one other guy occasionally did the same. Used to take my towel and dry it on the back of my chair during the day.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I always assumed this was common sense lol. Though ever since a work related incident in 2014 involving a trash compactor, rats and garbage, I deep scrub my whole body. Feels bad.
When I was a teenager I felt similarly but found myself giving a massage to someone who evidently didn't wash their back often and that shit is nasty af.

Apr 21, 2018
Wait, isn't pooping in the work shower what it's for? I guess I should stop doing it? Maybe that's what that big shower hygiene meeting was about that I skipped...

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
Wtf man I don't poop in any shower. Do people seriously waffle stomp their poop through? I cant imagine this :/