• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
There's been almost no chatter about this game which seems weird given who's involved. Gonna check out the vid thanks

Oct 25, 2017
there's something very unappealing about this game, i can't figure it out. a combination of slow gameplay, ugly ui, weird character designs and voices. wouldn't be surprised if this bombed.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I really like the look of and the combat system seems cool but goddamn it looks slow.

Also why does the battle music sound like it has the N64 Goldeneye theme under it at points?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
The boss fight is literally 30 minutes long (and does not look very interesting).

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Really wish you could customize your character because that hairstyle is... something else.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
That wasn't a 30 minute boss fight, that was a player who took 30 damn minutes to complete the boss fight. That was very frustrating to watch.

Oct 27, 2017
there's something very unappealing about this game, i can't figure it out. a combination of slow gameplay, ugly ui, weird character designs and voices. wouldn't be surprised if this bombed.

Yeah. It also seems explicitly aimed at young children in terms of its presentation, but would young kids be interested in such a slow overly-elaborate combat system, with gauges, numbers and buttons covering the entire screen?

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
Wow, so much negativity. I pre-purchased this right as soon as I could and I'm so excited to finally dive in this week. Looks super fun and I personally like the art a lot

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Aesthetically it looks great, and oozes charm, but the combat does seem like it could be cut down to less than half the length without losing anything (even going by other outlets who did take less time). I'm still curious about the game.

Nykyrian_Q

Oct 27, 2017
This is why I can't watch other people play games. I don't get half the decisions the made. I'll probably pick this up later, hopefully they'll put out treehouse gameplay.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, hold up ~ this comes out next week? For some reason I thought it was a 2020 title.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Guess I'm in the minority but I really like the way it looks and the music seems great.

Not sure I'm in day one, but I'm intrigued.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018

Slow gameplay - Strategic thinking
Ugly ui - Multiple and varied combat choices
Weird character Design - Beautiful and unique art direction

Wouldn't be surprised if this was a sleeper hit.

Bookkoo

Apr 9, 2018
This looks endearing as hell, y'all are crazy. I think it will be a fun little title. I think it was a little slower more on the user side than the game side

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Literally the only thing I enjoyed from the gameplay above was the music lol.

The skybox is probably the most distracting thing for me tbh

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
I was already tired of the music 20 minutes in. Its nice but repetitive. The combat seems a bit brainless.

Im not a graphics person but even I thought it was ugly. Not just the textures/shadows which are poor, but the miniscule variety in animations and overall presentation were just off.

Hate Axe's sideburns.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
There's been almost no chatter about this game which seems weird given who's involved. Gonna check out the vid thanks

That's because Pokemon is really the only major IP GF works on. Anything else is usually lower budget more experimental stuff that doesn't garner as much attention.

People like Pokemon in spite of game freak, not because of.

Pokemon fans on ERA are weird, man. Game Freak invented Pokemon yet so many want to snatch it away from them because they're not making a BotW equivalent Pokemon game.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
When this was first announced, I was actually hyped because it looked rather cool from an artstyle point of view.
Buuut the gameplay looks waaaaaaaaaaay too slow and rather boring. Really made me lose interest. Too bad, but GFs streak of unappealing games (to me, that is) seems to continue.

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Never seen so much hate for an artstyle that im my view looks very cute and charming.

The game itself also looks interesting.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I don't understand the dislike for the colours. More games should be bright like this.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
I really dislike the UI, then again I've never been a fan of Pokémon UI (or Smash UI but Smash isn't made by GF). The game itself looks... Okay, but it doesn't excite me at all.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
I still think the UI from the game's initial reveal looked better than this, but for the amount of information the game is throwing at you in battles I suppose this works to convey everything in pretty quickly-digestible ways. The monster fight in the video definitely could have been run through much faster.

I dunno, I was intrigued when this was first announced, less enthused when they showed the second look at it in the last Direct, now that we're finally seeing a more full look at how the battle system actually plays out I think I'm kind of interested in this again, at least as long as the story has enough intrigue to it. That's really hard to judge from this first hour but the castle and the folks within it being kind of mysterious is hopeful.

I kind of like the battle's focus on planning ahead, seeing what ideas the enemy has and trying to conjure up an optimal strategy within that turn to break them while leaving something in the tank for yourself. It feels like a good mix of having to think ahead, but not too much so with things still generally just going one turn at a time. I believe the devs said at one point that this was kind of designed as an RPG for people with busier lives that wouldn't require a ton of time investment to get into, and I'm kind of down for that right now. Might wait for a few impressions from people further into the game first but it's at least back on my radar for now.