• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which 1 gotta go/ never exist

• dragon ball

Votes: 94 7.9%

Votes: 208 17.5%
  • Naruto

Votes: 592 49.8%
  • One piece

Votes: 294 24.7%

• Total voters

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
lol, one piece easily, bye!

Dragonball, Naruto and Avatar was great!

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Never got into One Piece. Pirates are cool to watch but that anime does nothing for me.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Probably because there's nothing to meme about because the series is actually consistently good. Memes aren't needed to mask mediocirity like during the later runs of Bleach and Naruto.

But is it better than Tobey Maguire using all his might to choke slam two Sasukes?

2-EA09144-C850-48-FB-92-D7-00-CADAA44874.jpg

The answer is no.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
One piece not trailing in this poll is all the evidence I need to call for the permanent shuttering of ResetEra.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Wait I might need to rethink my Naruto pick it gave us the best OPs in anime

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
Naruto is the worst one on there overall but Avatar is way less prominent/influential so unfortunately it must be sacrificed

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
i can't wait for the opinion on Naruto to change in 10 years

although I think more people like it than don't, lol

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
i can't wait for the opinion on Naruto to change in 10 years

although I think more people like it than don't, lol

I mean, it's not even that people don't really like it, its just that it collapses under it's own weight in its struggles to stay relevant. Naruto does a LOT right, but man...it undermines itself for no reason so often for the sake of making some of these characters seem more relevant than they should be while completely forgetting about others. It's too big and certain characters are never offloaded appropriately because Kishimoto thinks he's gonna do an Oda and have someone come back at the 11th hour and have it be a really cool moment, when it's usually a pretty garbage asspull.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
You can take Avatar and Naruto for all I care. I'm not attached to One Piece really but I've gotta know how it ends at this point.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's not even that people don't really like it, its just that it collapses under it's own weight in its struggles to stay relevant. Naruto does a LOT right, but man...it undermines itself for no reason so often for the sake of making some of these characters seem more relevant than they should be while completely forgetting about others. It's too big and certain characters are never offloaded appropriately because Kishimoto thinks he's gonna do an Oda and have someone come back at the 11th hour and have it be a really cool moment, when it's usually a pretty garbage asspull.
there's definitely a lot of bullshit but i like it all regardless

only things i can outright say I dislike are the Kaguya asspull (although I like what it's led to in Boruto, tbh) and how Kishimoto shafted Rock Lee. I never cared much about the other side characters besides Shikamaru (who is probably the best treated side character aside from Gaara) and Lee.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Naruto, easily. I could never get into it.

Dragonball and Avatar are god tier and One Piece albeit long and drawn out is still great imo, I only ever watched about a season worth of Naruto and I just lost interest, Some of the fights are cool but it mostly feels like a ninja soap opera? It's fine but it's just not for me.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i literally started reading one piece 10 years in.

how the fuck is "missing the ship" an excuse?

weird op

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
Naruto threads are the only threads I use the ignore function for. So it's like I've already been erasing it from existence anyway.

Ruck

Oct 25, 2017
i literally started reading one piece 10 years in.

how the fuck is "missing the ship" an excuse?

weird op
Yeah I started when quarantine kicked in and I'm all caught up. Granted it was a lot of reading but it never became a slog because each arc is set in such a different location. Dressrosa and Whole Cake back to back was a LOT tho

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
there's definitely a lot of bullshit but i like it all regardless

only things i can outright say I dislike are the Kaguya asspull (although I like what it's led to in Boruto, tbh) and how Kishimoto shafted Rock Lee. I never cared much about the other side characters besides Shikamaru (who is probably the best treated side character aside from Gaara) and Lee.

I mean none of these shows are bad.

It's more like, remember how orochimaru was an amazing villain and they sideline him for no reason?

Remember how undeveloped Madara was and they try and thrust him into this imaginary world ending position?

Remember literally everything surrounding Obito?

Naruto's length and it's devotion to popularity undermines the integrity of the story more often than it does right by it, far more than the other options.

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
I mean none of these shows are bad.

It's more like, remember how orochimaru was an amazing villain and they sideline him for no reason?

Remember how undeveloped Madara was and they try and thrust him into this imaginary world ending position?

Remember literally everything surrounding Obito?

Naruto's length and it's devotion to popularity undermines the integrity of the story more often than it does right by it, far more than the other options.
Remember when people were joking that what's-his-face must have a sharingan under his arm cast because why else would it be covered and it turned out he did.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I'll go one further: Only Avatar can stay, because it's the only good show of the four.

But in terms of disposability yeah, it's Naruto. If it's in terms of "eliminate from reality so I never need to see or hear of it again," it's Dragonball.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was going to say Naruto, but the actual world and the side characters are pretty solid, even if the main story and the main character are terrible. I went with One Piece because that hideous art style and those terrible character designs have definitely left a very unpleasant impact on other works.