• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
9ycWtQu.gif

2k7dudx1z5e21.png

Biggest Dota numbers in almost a year

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
disruptors radius change or somethin? he doesnt seem so hot now

i got 6 goblins and they dont seem too great, 3rd place

dunno if techies nerf or if i was just assuming techies would be insane

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Kunkka and Disruptor nerfs

edit: oh wait, boat stun increased duration? LOL nvm

Wait...what? That ult is beyond good already. Opting for 2 lvl 1's is sometimes better than 1 lvl 2 cause you're just chunking boats all day.

My goal now is to get 4 Kunkka's on the board backed up with a crystal mage.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Just faced the must disgusting rng. Someone got all the mech bros up to level 3 and got 2 gyro's

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
wonder how far dev will go w/r/t adding more the units and possibly changing the item system

which i assume will take a long time but i just wonder how the legs on this mod will be. not that it's a big deal but i like to have more to play around with rather than just practicing getting good, so i probably wont play the current state of things tooooo much longer

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
After joining the Bishop discord, decided to create an alt account so I could just derp around without worrying about losing Bishop on my main. Ended up getting Bishop 2 on it xD

CXwwLMR.jpg

Also, Crystal Maiden is legit good. Won me this game because having 2 level 2's let my Tidehunter, Disrupter, Enigma, Razor, Lich, and Shadowfiend get all their ults off before my opponents.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Loading in this AM for a couple of matches and what the fuck?

220k concurrent players right now? That would make it the 10th biggest amount of players for any game ever on steam.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

220k concurrent players right now? That would make it the 10th biggest amount of players for any game ever on steam.
Shits crazy. I know this has already been said to death but Valve shouldn't act like Blizzard and let this opportunity pass them by. Buy the devs already , for fucks sake.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I think one of the other devs claimed that the concurrent numbers are bugged, but regardless a lot of people are playing and more importantly streaming

All the major Chinese streamers and ex-Dota pros and Hearthstone people are streaming it

Week of Jan 13, 2019
71Iiktr.png

Just last week it was almost 600k with 50k concurrent

Jan 20, 2019
nJaHHbS.jpg

Currently it shows 1.5M people have downloaded it with 70k concurrent

Jan 27, 2019
fKEAkZP.png

2.2 M downloads and 165k concurrent since last week
600k 3 weeks ago now almost 3M have tried it
shits bonkers

kuBZPxy.jpg

Last edited:

Baby Bird

Nov 5, 2017
I gotta tell you, it is pretty amazing that DOTA, a game spawned by a popular mod/custom game, has just spawned a very popular mod/custom game.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah me too. And I feel like I follow all the tips and guides, but I just cant seem to get the pieces I need. And I refuse to reroll.

Wow. The way I'm playing I try to stop rerolling around level 6. Kinda depends on my ratio of lvl 1 to lvl 2 chars. Like if half my board is level 1s that I want to stick with, I'm going to reroll since there's a good chance of getting an upgrade.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Chinese clone made.

Rip it was gud wil it lasted boiis

Gotta Clutch it 4 da candi
It's so bad. Last two days I've got top three twice and 4th 9 times. No candy for me.
Yeah me too. And I feel like I follow all the tips and guides, but I just cant seem to get the pieces I need. And I refuse to reroll.
Yep exactly. I feel like I can't those last few drops to take me to that next level.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Can you level up a turn earlier than usual?

I always try to be the highest level after 6 especially if I'm not getting combos

This is the issue for me. I dont know when to go for level. I have been told by all the streamers to neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever reroll early. So I am usually having the best econonomy by far. But having a bunch of 1 and 2 star dudes and some legends doesnt help when it seems the other guys have 5 level 3's and all with synergi. I know this is just my mind playing tricks but it didnt feel this difficult to put up a strategy for the first 20 matches or so I played. Now I feel like I am much more subject to rng.

Deleted member 5864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not trying to pretend I know what I'm doing, but in my experience leveling almost always seems a better option instead of rerolling basically until level 7 or 8 where your odds of getting high quality pieces increases. I think rerolling early is too aggressive and you can kinda get by with whatever 2*s and synergies instead. I think unless you get lucky with a dual mech + triple goblin, triple warrior, early doom or Shadow Fiend, aggressively selling your board and picking easy lvl 2s is almost always better.

Basically: Timing your level ups around the creep stages seems to be a good strategy to develop an economy. First you do it at stage 4-5 to get a win streak rolling, level up again to 6 around stage 9, lvl 7 around stage 15, then you can start building an economy. Buy everything that doesn't prevent you from gaining interest, and sometimes even sacrifice 1 interest to pick up good pieces, and work from there and once you have 1 or 2 very strong synergies and a plan going into late game. I've found that even with a losing streak, if I managed to get my economy rolling, I can spend it all first leveling to 8 then rolling to round up my lineup and maybe even getting a few early 5*s with enough HP left.

But again, that's just the way I do it. Might only be good up to low bishops, and I figure most people here are hitting Rook already so what do I know.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not trying to pretend I know what I'm doing, but in my experience leveling almost always seems a better option instead of rerolling basically until level 7 or 8 where your odds of getting high quality pieces increases. I think rerolling early is too aggressive and you can kinda get by with whatever 2*s and synergies instead. I think unless you get lucky with a dual mech + triple goblin, triple warrior, early doom or Shadow Fiend, aggressively selling your board and picking easy lvl 2s is almost always better.

Basically: Timing your level ups around the creep stages seems to be a good strategy to develop an economy. First you do it at stage 4-5 to get a win streak rolling, level up again to 6 around stage 10, lvl 7 around stage 15, then you can start building an economy. Buy everything that doesn't prevent you from gaining interest, and sometimes even sacrifice 1 interest to pick up good pieces, and work from there and once you have 1 or 2 very strong synergies and a plan going into late game. I've found that even with a losing streak, if I managed to get my economy rolling, I can spend it all first leveling to 8 then rolling to round up my lineup and maybe even getting a few early 5*s with enough HP left.

But again, that's just the way I do it.

Last match I was the highest level by far, and was actually number one for most of the match. Then come round 20 and I have 8 dudes on the map, between 1' and 2 *, but I only face comps of 2 and 3* with max synergy. So despite them being far lower level and only 5 or so I get stomped.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you can't RNG it in 2 turns you prolly can't RNG it at all is what I've learned.

You have to keep checking the enemy makeup esp if they have item adv.

A 100% player prolly got an early item or god tier pull

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
If you can't RNG it in 2 turns you prolly can't RNG it at all is what I've learned.

You have to keep checking the enemy makeup esp if they have item adv.

A 100% player prolly got an early item or god tier pull

Yeah. My biggest problem is lategame. it just seems like my dudes just arent on the same * level as the opponents. Ah well, I will try to follow your advice and see how things develop.

Edit: I do want to make it clear that I dont want to sound like I feel I only loose to rng. I realize its something I am doing wrong, I just need to figure out how I transition better into late game I think.

Deleted member 5864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last match I was the highest level by far, and was actually number one for most of the match. Then come round 20 and I have 8 dudes on the map, between 1' and 2 *, but I only face comps of 2 and 3* with max synergy. So despite them being far lower level and only 5 or so I get stomped.
I feel you and the endgame economy is by far the hardest aspect to manage. The reason I believe being patient is better is simply due to the math of rolling higher %s and doing it sooner than your opponents, but between items, random matchups and the shared pool sometimes it's not enough.

Another problem I have that maybe you share with me is not thinking about my board as a resource constantly. Not even because of trying to force some favorite synergies, but being too late to recognize when to let go of something even when it is working.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I feel you and the endgame economy is by far the hardest aspect to manage. The reason I believe being patient is better is simply due to the math of rolling higher %s and doing it sooner than your opponents.

Another problem I have that maybe you share with me is not thinking about my board as a resource constantly. Not even because of trying to force some favorite synergies, but being too late to recognize when to let go of something even when it is working.

Yes that last part about not knowing when to switch and let go is definately one of my main issues.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
The problem with rerolling is that you're just going to be further behind the lucky guy who didn't reroll and still got his stuff

Deleted member 5864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I haven't played Dota since 2013 or something, so I can't do that ;P

I didn't even realize they changed the names of the damn units. RIP Windrunner.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Finally getting accustomed to playing in Bishop lobbies, can somewhat consistently place not last, even got 2nd in my most recent games so I'm up to Bishop 4 now. For just pubbing I think the best strat is just hoarding to 50 gold, whereas in bishop lobbies you gotta be a bit more open to re-rolling as early as level 7 if things aren't coming together yet, since everyone else is also probably eyeing the pieces you want. This could probably be remedied a bit by regularly checking everyone else's boards and purposefully going off-meta based on what no one else is going, but I'm not good enough at this game for that yet xD

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are any of the HS streamers above bishop?

I think rushing to 10 or hoarding to 50 work equally well in Pawn and Knight