• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
Wow I'm really surprised Riot is making a version of it. Thats cool because Dota runs like trash on my laptop but League is fine.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
I'm pretty sure the autochess mod is probably a dead game walking now. The Drodo EGS version looks to be exactly the same as the mobile version (same account and site also mentions you can use one account for different devices).

So it's gonna be a choice of Drodo (the "original"), Valve (based on the leak, will probably be many months away), or Riot (do you want to support the company?) versions of auto chess.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Give me Marvel Auto Chess you cowards.
Pokemon would clean the fuck up. It's already got progressions

61BTo1iHOvL._SX466_.jpg

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RIOT TFT NEWS
4a4482f142c503d5d8c7f099e251ea3f.png

t1560891600z4.png

One week pogchamp

DRODO DOTA AUTOCHESS NEWS
5lN49er.jpg

Also Construction Bonus.
Now till
t1560729600z0.png

Last edited:

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
So the battlepass on iOS seems kind of expensive?

Is it like Fortnite where you can make enough currency to purchase the next battlepass?

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
So which version are you guys most looking forward to?

I want underworlds. It having a mobile version makes me even more excited for it.

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
So which version are you guys most looking forward to?

I want underworlds. It having a mobile version makes me even more excited for it.

Underlords for the OG autochess experience and Hearthstone Chess or whatever Blizzard is working on.

I'm also half-interested in what Relic and Creative Assembly might do.

Deleted member 2913

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Nice, kind of tempted to get the battle pass just to give it a try but not sure yet. Might just wait till Open Beta though, probably not that far out yeah?

Edit - I'm dumb, didn't see the "After approximately a week of stress testing we'll transition to Open Beta." .. just gonna hold of till then.

I caved. And glad I did. I vastly prefer this already. Love the items system. Much less rng.

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
When Underlords hits open beta next week there will be no reason to play this anymore. Expect the playercount to hit rock bottom.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Well Savjz just openly stated on his stream that he prefers Underlords to TFT.
Dunno who that is but he'll probably go where the money will be. To me the numbers just look like Riot actually spend money on marketing? Not sure but most of the big Hearthstone+League people are streaming right now and the numbers are bigger than probably all of Autochess(including drodo) so far. Even stuff like the DisguisedToast tutorial introduction has already close to 300k views.

Teamfight Tactics currently at close to 200k on twitch. Dunno maybe Valve is content to just get second place niche in the genre similar like dota but if I'd assumed Valve was actually trying to compete I'd have to say I'm very unimpressed so far with their strategy. Seems like the good old let the game speak for itself.

Also background I come from dota. Barely played league.
---------
If I look at dota my guess is Valve is going to announce an Underlord tournament with a decent pricepool in the next couple of months to possibly create incentives. But then maybe not given I'm not sure how good Autochess would be as a tournament game.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dunno who that is but he'll probably go where the money will be. To me the numbers just look like Riot actually spend money on marketing? Not sure but most of the big Hearthstone+League people are streaming right now and the numbers are bigger than probably all of Autochess(including drodo) so far. Even stuff like the DisguisedToast tutorial introduction has already close to 300k views.

Teamfight Tactics currently at close to 200k on twitch. Dunno maybe Valve is content to just get second place niche in the genre similar like dota but if I'd assumed Valve was actually trying to compete I'd have to say I'm very unimpressed so far with their strategy. Seems like the good old let the game speak for itself.

---------
If I look at dota my guess is Valve is going to announce an Underlord tournament with a decent pricepool in the next couple of months to possibly create incentives. But then maybe not given I'm not sure how good Autochess would be as a tournament game.
Yup.

It's Rito vs Volvo all over again.
$30M in marketing bucks versus $2M in prize money.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017

---------
Day one for TFT and many of these streamers where like Kripp in the closed alpha. they know it will get them big views for now at least. Once both games are out for awhile then the viewership numbers will mean something. Valve's strategy is a stable standalone game and mobile client which IMO is more important long term.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Day one for TFT and many of these streamers where like Kripp in the closed alpha. they know it will get them big views for now at least. Once both games are out for awhile then the viewership numbers will mean something. Valve's strategy is a stable standalone game and mobile client which IMO is more important long term.
Maybe I'm just kind of surprised that Underlords never had their big day so far. I feel like you'd normally try to get that big streamer momentum at least for your first couple of days. Apex Legends kind of got its explosive start off of that and established it as decent competitor.

The most I've seen Underlords at so far is ~25k(and majority of that was Kripp viewers) that's not a small disparity in viewer engagement. Also things can for sure change a lot still but it just signals to me that Valve feels a bit out of touch.
---------
On top of that I'm personally not the biggest fan of how they ripped the models from dota itself. Kind of makes the game feel old and not fresh to me from the get go. Also that leveling units doesn't change the visuals of it is kind of lame to me I really liked that aspect in the mod. The one thing Underlords has in its favor is me being lazy. It's going to be easy to download it from Steam vs me installing the League client again just for TFT.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm just kind of surprised that Underlords never had their big day so far. I feel like you'd normally try to get that big streamer momentum at least for your first couple of days. Apex Legends kind of got its explosive start off of that and established it as decent competitor.

The most I've seen Underlords at so far is ~25k(and majority of that was Kripp viewers) that's not a small disparity in viewer engagement. Also things can for sure change a lot still but it just signals to me that Valve feels a bit out of touch.
---------
On top of that I'm personally not the biggest fan of how they ripped the models from dota itself. Kind of makes the game feel old and not fresh to me from the get go. Also that leveling units doesn't change the visuals of it is kind of lame to me I really liked that aspect in the mod. The one thing Underlords has in its favor is me being lazy. It's going to be easy to download it from Steam vs me installing the League client again just for TFT.
The updates for visual models are coming. They have previewed some already. I think most of the issues with Underlords is that it seems they were forced to get it out there early and beat TFT to the punch. Their support for it so far has been great with the UI updates and balance patches. Both game's are really really early. I don't think anything this soon will make or break them.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

---------

Savjz is different. If money is all he cared about he wouldn't have quit Hearthstone.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Also I hope Valve learned their lesson with Artifact. The average streamer is a fickle beast. Make a good product and the streamers will have to go where their audience is.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Savjz is different. If money is all he cared about he wouldn't have quit Hearthstone.
I see I don't want to assume too much given I don't know him but is this situation really that comparable to hearthstone. Like is Teamfight Tactics so different that he dislikes it? I'm actually not knowledgeable yet about that game beyond seeing the board and that it basically looks like league graphics.
It's just kind of hard to imagine if both games are kind of similar that he wouldn't just go where the money is unless he really dislikes the former game.
Like at face value it just sounds a bit different to quitting hearthstone a game that's way older and that he has probably played for a good amount and has gotten bored of? Vs choosing between two new similar games. Also of course I'm just kind of assuming that streamers are kind of important in the growth/engagement of a new game but honestly there are other games that barely get views and are thriving just fine so it's not the be all end all.

I can def see though that some streamers might choose underlords cause the viewer competition might be quite crazy for TFT(you're probably not going to grow that much vs 4 other stream around 10k-20k viewers taking the highlighted streams) and the way riot controls their tournament scene might feel too oppressive to some.
The updates for visual models are coming. They have previewed some already. I think most of the issues with Underlords is that it seems they were forced to get it out there early and beat TFT to the punch. Their support for it so far has been great with the UI updates and balance patches. Both game's are really really early. I don't think anything this soon will make or break them.
Good to hear. I'll probably get to play once the open starts on Underlord. Hope the competition will be fierce and both actively try to outdo each other that's a bit of a reason why I'm miffed at how different both games seems to have started. Don't want Valve just to default to we're doing our own thing here without even considering the good things the competition does.

I like never watched a single league pro match while I generally have followed all TI since TI4 but even I get kind of like jealous when seeing those Worlds music videos. They're just really cool and most of them have crazy view numbers.

Last edited:

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I see I don't want to assume too much given I don't know him but is this situation really that comparable to hearthstone. Like is Teamfight Tactics so different that he dislikes it? I'm actually not knowledgeable yet about that game beyond seeing the board and that it basically looks like league graphics.
It's just kind of hard to imagine if both games are kind of similar that he wouldn't just go where the money is unless he really dislikes the former game.
Like at face value it just sounds a bit different to quitting hearthstone a game that's way older and that he has probably played for a good amount and has gotten bored of? Vs choosing between two new similar games. Also of course I'm just kind of assuming that streamers are kind of important in the growth/engagement of a new game but honestly there are other games that barely get views and are thriving just fine so it's not the be all end all.

I can def see though that some streamers might choose underlords cause the viewer competition might be quite crazy for TFT(you're probably not going to grow that much vs 4 other stream around 10k-20k viewers taking the highlighted streams) and the way riot controls their tournament scene might feel too oppressive to some.

Oh no no he doesnt dislike TFT. He actually likes all 3, but simply prefers Underlords.
I will probably end up playing both.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Playing this on mobile recently, its pretty fun for what it is. If you're lucky on your first draws and get some 2-Star Pieces early enough you are damn near unbeatable. Ogre Mage+Ripper+Soul Breaker so far has been doing great for me, adding on Razorclaw, Dragon Knight and Lord of Sand later on. Minimal synergy sure, but rounds are over in a snap like this.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Playing this on mobile recently, its pretty fun for what it is. If you're lucky on your first draws and get some 2-Star Pieces early enough you are damn near unbeatable. Ogre Mage+Ripper+Soul Breaker so far has been doing great for me, adding on Razorclaw, Dragon Knight and Lord of Sand later on. Minimal synergy sure, but rounds are over in a snap like this.
Yes and no.

You can get an early advantage with a 2star, but in my experience unless you can parlay that into an early 3 star or 2star synergies it doesn't matter
Definitely a sharp drop there with Underlords being out I think
b3wjtxH.jpg

100k new players

Oct 27, 2017
lkImahM.gif

Fuck me why do these strategy tappers taking over PC gaming... What is next? Blizzard making their HotS autochess?

The joke is that the new C&C mobile game was... a lot like AutoChess but straight-up crucified by gamers for being mobile.