• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
United States
I think I've been playing too much auto chess. I was just watching a TV show and when a large man was talking to a smaller woman, my brain thought for an instance "that man is 2 starred and she's still a 1 star."

I'm also running a fever, though, so that could be part of it.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://old.reddit.com/r/AutoChess/comments/bq1xwv/update_518/
Update: 18 May @ 11:14am

- Realtime update: Players will be updated and informed with the ranking changes and candy rewards for the game when eliminated, instead of at the end of the game. Eliminated players are free to continue spectatng or start a new game.
- Added new feature: Click-and-Place: you can now left-click on your pieces to select and move them, instead of selecting the Courier first then the ability, which allows you to change the team formation with increased ease. (Smooth as silk!) Disabled by default and can be enabled at top right corner.
- You can now move pieces directly among your bench slots to sort them as you like.
- Optimized battle AI for chess pieces to avoid repeated attack points.
- Optimized movement AI for chess pieces to address the problem which ranged pieces doing additionl leaps even enemies are within attck range.
- Optimized melee pieces' AI to allow them attack and cast abilities diagonally.
- Optimized AI of Tiny, Queen of Pain, Axe, Juggernaut and etc. They will no longer cast abilities when no enemies are around.
- Optimized the abilitiy backswing of Morphing and Sniper, and fixed a bug which Waveform causing Morphling landing on an unexpected square.
- Optimized AI of summoned units. They will now immediately start battling after being summoned.
- Priests' Barrier now simply rounds the amount of damage reduced to the nearest integer, instead of always rounding down.
- Shadow Shaman's Hex and Scythe of Vyse now tend to target higher-leveled pieces.
- Reworked animate portrait to corretly display pieces and Couriers as much as possible (most of the Couriers are seen as blank previously).
- Improved accuracy in calculating last standing times to avoid players who died at the same instance receiving different ranking and rewards.
- Reworked some cosmetic items for Drow Ranger and Clockwerk.
- Fixed minor bugs.

New Click & Place mechanic!

Oct 28, 2017
United States
https://old.reddit.com/r/AutoChess/comments/bq1xwv/update_518/
Update: 18 May @ 11:14am

- Realtime update: Players will be updated and informed with the ranking changes and candy rewards for the game when eliminated, instead of at the end of the game. Eliminated players are free to continue spectatng or start a new game.
- Added new feature: Click-and-Place: you can now left-click on your pieces to select and move them, instead of selecting the Courier first then the ability, which allows you to change the team formation with increased ease. (Smooth as silk!) Disabled by default and can be enabled at top right corner.
- You can now move pieces directly among your bench slots to sort them as you like.
- Optimized battle AI for chess pieces to avoid repeated attack points.
- Optimized movement AI for chess pieces to address the problem which ranged pieces doing additionl leaps even enemies are within attck range.
- Optimized melee pieces' AI to allow them attack and cast abilities diagonally.
- Optimized AI of Tiny, Queen of Pain, Axe, Juggernaut and etc. They will no longer cast abilities when no enemies are around.
- Optimized the abilitiy backswing of Morphing and Sniper, and fixed a bug which Waveform causing Morphling landing on an unexpected square.
- Optimized AI of summoned units. They will now immediately start battling after being summoned.
- Priests' Barrier now simply rounds the amount of damage reduced to the nearest integer, instead of always rounding down.
- Shadow Shaman's Hex and Scythe of Vyse now tend to target higher-leveled pieces.
- Reworked animate portrait to corretly display pieces and Couriers as much as possible (most of the Couriers are seen as blank previously).
- Improved accuracy in calculating last standing times to avoid players who died at the same instance receiving different ranking and rewards.
- Reworked some cosmetic items for Drow Ranger and Clockwerk.
- Fixed minor bugs.

New Click & Place mechanic!
Patch notes have really improved. Would have probably been something like "tiny ai fix" before.

All the improvements sounds really good. Interested to see which units improve most from the ai tweaks.

I tried the mobile app for the first time. It seems alright, but it'll take some time to recognize the units more quickly. They all kinda blend together with the simplified style.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I tried Auto Chess today for the first time today and I like it. Played the mobile version which is still a bit janky. Had anyone tried Areno of Evolution: Red Tides? That is also on iOS and basically a more polished clone. What do Veterans think of that game?

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I tried Auto Chess today for the first time today and I like it. Played the mobile version which is still a bit janky. Had anyone tried Areno of Evolution: Red Tides? That is also on iOS and basically a more polished clone. What do Veterans think of that game?
Never plaid it.

I just like collecting candy.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I change my mind I don't like click and place.
Too many misclicks

lzxJcAh.jpg
vvTOgtg.jpg

dadjumper

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Man, I only played a few rounds of the Dota mod but this phone version is really streamlined and good. I've played about 6 matches so far and it's so much better on a touch screen. I think this is gonna get me into the game pretty deep.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Early Access up
Google Play!

The open beta of Auto Chess, game you have reserved at zizouqi.com. is available now on Google Play store. You can download the game by searching "Auto Chess" on Google Play store.

In order to provide you with a better game experience, feel free to contact us if you have any suggestions or bug feedback. You can send it through the Feedback button in the Setting interface or just contact us via Facebook or Twitter.

At the same time, we will not delete the archives of this test and you will play at the test server. All the game contents presented of test version do not represent the final quality of the game. You can continue to make the reservation for official server and bind the steam account. After the official server is opened, the reservation, activation and active rewards will be delivered.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dragonest.autochess.google

mobile heroes translator
https://www.dotahaven.com/en/guide/auto-chess-mobile/
Goblins.max-950x950.png

• Bounty Hunter = Soul Breaker
  • Clock = Sky Breaker
  • Tinker = Heaven Bomber
  • Timbersaw = Ripper
  • Alchemist = Venomancer
  • Techies = Devastator

Elementals.max-950x950.png

• Tiny = Stone Spirit
  • Morph = Water Spirit
  • Razor = Thunder Spirit
  • Enigma = Dark Spirit

Naga.max-950x950.png

• Slardar = Abyssal Guard
  • Slark = Abyssalcrawler (aww…)
  • Medusa = Siren
  • Tide Hunter = Tsunami Stalker

Undead.max-950x950.png

• Drow = Egersis Ranger
  • Abaddon = Evil Knight
  • Necrophos = Soul Reaper
  • Lich = Blight Sorcerer

Dwarves.max-950x950.png

• Sniper = Dwarf Sniper
  • Gyrocopter = Helicopter

Beasts_Mobile.max-950x950.jpg

• Tusk = Tusk Champion
  • Enchantress = Unicorn
  • Sand King = Lord of Sand
  • Venomancer = Poisonous Worm
  • Lycan = Werewolf
  • Lone Druid = Razorclaw

Humans.max-950x950.jpg

• Crystal Maiden = The Source
  • Lycan = Werewolf
  • Omni Knight = Argali Knight (the Argali are a type of Asian wild sheep (Ram))
  • Lina = Flamming (Flaming) Wizard
  • Kunkka = Priate (Pirate) Captain
  • Dragon Knight = Dragon Knight
  • Keeper of the Light = Tortola Elder

Dragons.max-950x950.png

• Puck = Shining Dragon
  • Viper = Venom
  • Dragon Knight = Dragon Knight

Orcs.max-950x950.png

• Axe = Redaxe Chief
  • Jugger = Swordman (Swordsman)
  • Beastmaster = Skull Hunter
  • Disruptor = Storm Shaman

Elves.max-950x950.png

• Anti-Mage = Taboo Witcher (I hope his real name is Geralt)
  • Puck = Shining Dragon
  • Luna = Lightblade Knight
  • Treant = Warpwood Sage
  • Furion = Wisper Seer
  • Windranger = Wind Ranger (creative)
  • Phantom Assassin = Shadowcrawler
  • Templar Assassin = Shining Assassin (it's probably hard to assassinate people when you're constantly shining)
Trolls.max-950x950.jpg

• Batrider = Frost Knight
  • Shadow Shaman = Defector
  • Witch Doctor = Desperate Doctor (patients don't get better by the casks he throws at them)
  • Troll Warlord = Berserker

Demons.max-950x950.jpg

• Chaos Knight = Hell Knight
  • Queen of Pain = Phantom Queen
  • Shadow Fiend = Shadow Devil
  • Terrorblade = Fallen Witcher
  • Doom = Doom Arbiter

Ogre.max-950x950.jpg

• Ogre Magi = Ogre Mage

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
http://blog.dota2.com/2019/05/dota-auto-chess/

We had great conversations, but we both came to the conclusion that Valve and Drodo could not work directly with each other for a variety of reasons. We ended up agreeing that we'll each build our own stand-alone version of the game, and support each other to the fullest.

Drodo has been working on their own, non-Dota mobile game and the beta is out now. We've worked with them to help the existing DAC mod players migrate their account progress over to their new game. It looks pretty cool so far, we encourage you to go check it out.

As for us, with Drodo's blessing, a group of people here at Valve are currently working on a standalone Dota version. We'll share more information about this soon.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how Vale will handle RNG items. Drodo always said this game was casual and they liked the randomness of the item system which I know a lot of people dislike.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
S1 and the battle pass and reservation rewards for mobile are also out.

One thing people have noticed that's irking people is the special season avatar reward requires completing 80 weekly quests. There's 8 weeks left (including the current one). This week has 10 quests, 3 of which are locked behind the battle pass.

If it's the same number of quests a week, you need to basically do *every* quest and also have the battle pass to even be able to get it.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
S1 and the battle pass and reservation rewards for mobile are also out.

One thing people have noticed that's irking people is the special season avatar reward requires completing 80 weekly quests. There's 8 weeks left (including the current one). This week has 10 quests, 3 of which are locked behind the battle pass.

If it's the same number of quests a week, you need to basically do *every* quest and also have the battle pass to even be able to get it.
Please be addicted to our game

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
Is the battle pass on iOS way more expensive or something? I could get the senior pass for about 9.99, and buy levels for 0.99? Or did i accidentally buy it or somehow get it free?!

Also I tried to sign up with a drodo account but it just signed me in and didn't ask for an email or anything, so how do I login to my account if my phone explodes or I want to play on another platform? I think I do have a dragonest account but I don't see how the game could have figured out what it was.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is the battle pass on iOS way more expensive or something? I could get the senior pass for about 9.99, and buy levels for 0.99? Or did i accidentally buy it or somehow get it free?!

Also I tried to sign up with a drodo account but it just signed me in and didn't ask for an email or anything, so how do I login to my account if my phone explodes or I want to play on another platform? I think I do have a dragonest account but I don't see how the game could have figured out what it was.
idk, not sure

the drodo account is like a "guest" account or something in non-China maybe
I just went with facebook

edit: Hmm drodo account has mobile number verify now

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
hmm I think I missed the drodo account thing and it just signed me in as a guest. Sounds like you can use your mobile number, but i couldn't see how.

When I open 'Chess pass' I have something where it is giving you rewards with level, and then there is a senior pass you can buy with 6800 donuts or something.

I tried Autochess once in Dota 2 and it was too confusing as someone who doesn't play Dota, the in-game UI in the app makes it all much easier to understand (and control).

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
How do we influence what pieces get a rebalance when we have the pass?

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I think the one thing I would love in Autochess is the ability to see what opponent you will face next round. This would make positioning more important and allow better players to beat lesser players

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
I'll wait for the finished version to make judgment. Meanwhile just gonna continue playing mobile version.