• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I just had two losses in a row and now two wins. Got a 3 star Troll Warlord in the last game. LOOOL

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
I only just started playing, I'm around Knight-3 or 4, but I'll keep that in mind if I get there.
I've been reading guides and I think my issue is I don't play the economy right. They say good players who work the economy can always get top three because at the end you'll have enough gold to reroll to make up for bad cards. I usually spend too much early have a strong early game then get annihilated at the end when I'm broke and rely on luck for the units I need(which I never get)
You know, I should try playing the long game for once. I will say, when I've won, it's because I invest and get a level 2 early and then I try to coast and get matches that work for me.

Damn it I was trying to play Apex tonight but I may end up playing a game or two...

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
OMG I am shivering. JUst had the match of a lifetime. WIth 10 rounds left i was at 1% and the remaining 5 where between 50 and 80%... I WON!!!!!!

Oct 27, 2017
Arizona
I only just started playing, I'm around Knight-3 or 4, but I'll keep that in mind if I get there.
You know, I should try playing the long game for once. I will say, when I've won, it's because I invest and get a level 2 early and then I try to coast and get matches that work for me.

Damn it I was trying to play Apex tonight but I may end up playing a game or two...

The early game doesn't matter, you barely lose any hp if you lose

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
o wow
BC8D8FA90458D2036C9E0D6FE3DB89B8101F16BA

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even know where they got some of the customs assets.
iirc there is no jellyfish courier in Dota Prime

Nintenkun

Banned
Nov 20, 2018
Why is the auto chess launcher so big?XD I do not play dota2, i want a individual auto chess game

Grain Silo

Dec 15, 2017
When I tried out a game with the word "chess" in its title I never expected that I'd be playing a deck-building game. It's not bad! It's a good "watch netflix on another monitor/listen to a podcast" kind of game too. Seems perfectly suited to mobile.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BSJ method working for me, 3rd place consistently

When I tried out a game with the word "chess" in its title I never expected that I'd be playing a deck-building game. It's not bad! It's a good "watch netflix on another monitor/listen to a podcast" kind of game too. Seems perfectly suited to mobile.
yip, it's great for killing time - I have youtube on one screen

Also PC Gamer just wrote an article on how it isn't Artifact
https://www.pcgamer.com/dota-auto-chess-the-joyful-deck-based-dota-2-game-that-artifact-isnt/

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Just lost to a chinese player with full hunter synergy and refresher orb on tide....he needs to play in the lottery with that luck

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'm at the weird point where I can consistently place first in pubs but bishop lobbies results are pretty volatile. I'm guessing it's because I'm not as great at adapting as other Bishops, so that's definitely something for me to work on. I rely pretty heavily on warriors/orcs (and occasional mech train), so I need more experience with the other comps like knights, mages, assassins, etc. I'm also not the fastest at clicking everything so there's always room for improvement there.

Here's TidesofTime's Tierlist, which is what I usually refer to.

Q4lRPVi.png

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm at the weird point where I can consistently place first in pubs but bishop lobbies results are pretty volatile. I'm guessing it's because I'm not as great at adapting as other Bishops, so that's definitely something for me to work on. I rely pretty heavily on warriors/orcs (and occasional mech train), so I need more experience with the other comps like knights, mages, assassins, etc. I'm also not the fastest at clicking everything so there's always room for improvement there.

Here's TidesofTime's Tierlist, which is what I usually refer to.

Q4lRPVi.png
axe is good, but SSS tier. . . idk

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Tide's reasoning is that Orc bonus effectively makes all Orc units have as much or even more HP than more expensive units, which is arguably the strongest synergy. Like, the full orc bonus basically gives as much health as a level up, and unlike armor or magic resist where the unit takes less damage for their extra survability and therefore builds ult slower, more HP means your units can take full damage without much issue and have their ults come up comparatively faster. Axe in particular is an incredibly easy orc activator as the only single gold orc, AND he's the only single gold unit with a disable (his taunt can prevent disrupter or Tidehunter ults if he gets it off before them). A lot of times I can stomp most pubs with an early level 2 Axe that can last me 'til endgame.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Ya I like orc bonus early game as long as I pick up orc hunter. Usually strong enough to let me economy for late game.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Orc buff is easy to get and is strong af. If you can swing that early comp of juggy axhole and beastmode whew. Even just the first two will carry for a while.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Patch up

-Player health bars reflect team colour
-Blink dagger added
-Human synergy 3s disarm --> 4s silence Humans silence instead of disarm now
-Troll synergy 35/35 --> 35/30
-Elemental synergy stoneform 3s --> 4s
-Terrorblade base attack +5
-Crystal maiden aura correctly applies to all units
-Shadow fiend removed passive attack bonus
-Fixed the bug where units sink into the ground
-Fixed the bug where units are not retreived when the board has 30+ units
-Fixed the bug where dead players can still buy units

TAFAE

Aug 27, 2018
Michigan
For anyone who has played post patch, what's your impression - is this nerf enough to make Shadowfiend no longer an autopick?

Also, I haven't played any real Dota in years but if Blink Dagger is bad on Tidehunter and similar AoE stun heroes, it's going to break my brain lol.

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone who has played post patch, what's your impression - is this nerf enough to make Shadowfiend no longer an autopick?

Nah. I played a few games before the patch notes were posted and I didn't even notice the SF nerf. He will continue to be the one hero that I always pick when presented.

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
Humans really did not need to be nerfed

Is it a nerf? Late game the silence seems much more valuable. Early on the disarm is a lot nicer but having a Kunka with his insane AOE plus a silence on the enemy sounds terrifying.

Haven't tried it post-patch and didn't play many games with human synergy before either, but the disarm falls off pretty hard unless you happen to punch a Troll.

edit: Seeing on reddit that disarm was also effectively a silence and that's just silly. So it is a nerf in that case.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
If disarm and silence are effectively the same, how is adding a second a nerf?

I got my 40th candy and got the worst courier B)

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
If disarm and silence are effectively the same, how is adding a second a nerf?

I got my 40th candy and got the worst courier B)

Disarm means they don't land attacks (which prevents mana gain and damage), but it also apparently meant that they didn't cast spells even at full mana. Silence just means they don't cast spells if at full mana, but they can spend the 4 second silence gaining mana and doing damage by attacking if they aren't already at 100.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Disarm means they don't land attacks (which prevents mana gain and damage), but it also apparently meant that they didn't cast spells even at full mana. Silence just means they don't cast spells if at full mana, but they can spend the 4 second silence gaining mana and doing damage by attacking if they aren't already at 100.
I misread your edit, that's what I thought.

Humans didn't need the nerf, there's only two that are really good (dragon and kunkka)

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

Saw this strategy a few times yesterday. Usually, though, they where at least two at a time doing it, which end up costing them.