• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hPZTVsb.png

drodo plz
800 candies wtf
JwvqQlA.jpg

Just played with a casual 3000 level battlepass user with epic courier and 800 candy special effect

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I've won 6 out of my last 8 games and finally hit bishop from public games, so that's nice.

Finally think I've figured out the "optimal" way to play, at least how to play in knight lobbies for mostly consistent wins. Never try to play from behind!

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've won 6 out of my last 8 games and finally hit bishop from public games, so that's nice.

Finally think I've figured out the "optimal" way to play, at least how to play in knight lobbies for mostly consistent wins. Never try to play from behind!
I think you are going to pull your hair out if you expect to win every game by always being ahead.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I think you are going to pull your hair out if you expect to win every game by always being ahead.

Of course not, if you're losing a bunch early go for the lose streak. I'm mostly saying push your economy early game, which I see people in games not doing half the time.

Last edited:

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
unless i get total shit rng i'm not concerned about getting 3rd

honestly i'd rather stay out of bishop because when i'm there it seems like i have to face a greater percentage of people who know what they're doing

and i just want THE CANDY

Elliot Pudge

Oct 25, 2017
eh i only do pubs myself, those bishop-only lobbies are too tryhard for me

im in it for the sexy courier models

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Got a win with Hunters for the first time ever, pretty crushing one too. Think the key might have been the undead bonus from drow+abba, that along with some good early lvl 2s. Sad thing is I didn't come across a single tide hunter even though I was sitting at lvl 9 and rerolling for quite awhile.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
last night i swung super hard from around last to first as soon as i got to about level 8

i had a lich with refresher orb which was fun. i was wondering if i should put it on him or LD but i just wanted to see ridiculous amounts of chain frost

second place and i killed each other on the last round but they died first so i technically won, the best kind of win

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got a win with Hunters for the first time ever, pretty crushing one too. Think the key might have been the undead bonus from drow+abba, that along with some good early lvl 2s. Sad thing is I didn't come across a single tide hunter even though I was sitting at lvl 9 and rerolling for quite awhile.
did someone else have them - there's only 10

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gyro with items is so scary. He's got range and great attack speed/damage

Gyrocopter No image yet
Species
Dwarf
Class
Mech
Cost
Health
900/1800/3600
Armor
Magical Resistance
Attack Damage
75-80/150-160/300-320
Base Attack Rate
Base Attack Range

Looking it up he's not that great. Maybe he always feel strong because of the buffs

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
i never get him when I go goblin mek
idk if it's worth to team with a sniper or to break up a combo, but his ult seems good

I think he's worth it no matter what the build, he may not be the best but I'm picking his ass up if I see him. I should try running him with mages, he'd murder with crystal mage and the magical resistance debuff.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
yeah i mean five stars all have psycho ults and i will use them, i just think he is the most underwhelming. he might be better than lich though, i just have a real fondness for lich personally, plus his mage typing is very helpful

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I feel like Gyro is a strictly inferior Techies. Similar synergies, slower to cast his ultimate.
Rarely reason to get both, and I'll always pick up a Techies.

I didn't realize Gyro has 15 base armor though. That's bonkers.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
yeah i put techies in the front, specially with mech synergy he can take a couple hits, you want him to blow up the enemy asap. his autos are garbage and he basically never ults twice

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
i wish i could spend candy to use my own courier, the only thing i ever spent money on in dota 2 (besides like, compendium 2013) and a nontrivial amount of it at that

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
ya, my dota thrill dried up by 2014 so my poor courier never got the respect it deserves from me

i still love you, unusual jin and yin fox spirits

that i put my beta gem in so that i made sure i could never sell it off

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Just had my first perfect game. Funnily enough it brought me from Knight 9 to Knight 8. Thought for sure I'd be heading into Bishop.

7RaAixH.jpg

Got a few lucky rolls early game and then just coasted on a lineup, went a bit aggro around round 12-13, dipping economy to gain a level advantage and keep my win streak. Worked out really well.

Do you put Techies frontline? idk where to put him

Level 2 techies put that bitch front line. That ult needs to go off ASAP as it will decimate a lot of units at once.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
auto chess is an okay game to lose in for me because its super easy to just say i was fucked by rng and rationalize my skill like kripp or some shit

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
TA is great and also her natural counter alchemist probably wont ever actually spray acid on her because of her assassin repositioning

ta with items will kill many people

got fourth instead of better last night because my positioning was slightly off and my tide and techies ults didnt go off, i am unskilled and sad

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
TA is pretty much an essential pick up in every game I play. Put a crown on her and she can tank half the enemy team long enough for you to win.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Finally the sweet taste of victory.
Very nice! I had a couple wins last night too. The last game was an absolute joke, I got so lucky with my rolls. I had a 2 star shadow fiend early, which basically carried early game, then I had TWO 2 star shadow fiends which made the midgame an absolute stomp. Every round I was winning by 6 or 7 for a while.

Finished with a level 3 tusk, level 2 tiny (almost 3), level 3 beastmaster, level 3 razor, level 3 shadow fiend, almost level 3 juggernaut, can't remember the others. Finished 31-4, the 4th was losing to the dragon because dumb Tiny knocked it into the corner nad it murked everyone before they could get back.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Queen BSJ - Fundamentals of dotko chiss

edit: finished half way - it's probably the best video I've seen so far.

Last edited:

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Very nice! I had a couple wins last night too. The last game was an absolute joke, I got so lucky with my rolls. I had a 2 star shadow fiend early, which basically carried early game, then I had TWO 2 star shadow fiends which made the midgame an absolute stomp. Every round I was winning by 6 or 7 for a while.

Finished with a level 3 tusk, level 2 tiny (almost 3), level 3 beastmaster, level 3 razor, level 3 shadow fiend, almost level 3 juggernaut, can't remember the others. Finished 31-4, the 4th was losing to the dragon because dumb Tiny knocked it into the corner nad it murked everyone before they could get back.
Yeah pretty much with me. I just got what I needed continuously and steamrolled everyone.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Which kind of says it all right? Top 3 is where the strat comes in, winning beyond that seems like a wash.
I've been reading guides and I think my issue is I don't play the economy right. They say good players who work the economy can always get top three because at the end you'll have enough gold to reroll to make up for bad cards. I usually spend too much early have a strong early game then get annihilated at the end when I'm broke and rely on luck for the units I need(which I never get)