• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fathead

Oct 31, 2017
It's hilarious how people think they can do whatever they want in a business and have no consequences. I've watched people insist that the cops were going to arrest the manager while being handcuffed.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
The caliber of morons out there man...
Pretty good moment when she received that reality check when seeking support from bystanders.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
She told the newspaper she was "attacked" and compared mask requirements to the way that Nazi Germany forced Jewish people to identify themselves with a Star of David.

She also said she believed in a "plandemic" in a reference to a documentary-style video in which an anti-vaccine activist promotes a string of questionable, false and potentially dangerous coronavirus theories.
The inverted triangle in action

EoR3348WMAEGcrg.jpg

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
over/under that she's posted "well they should have just listened to police!" on social media in response to police brutality against PoC?

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Hold up, what is "Mattress firm" refering to? It's in the section in the middle. Mattress stores being fronts for noney laundering?
Yea essentially people find it suspicious there are so many Mattress Firm stores. Who are buying all these mattresses? lol
www.businessinsider.com

Mattress Firm responds to the wild conspiracy theory about its business that people are going crazy over

A conspiracy theory about why there are so many Mattress Firm stores is taking off on social media.
"Finland doesn't exist"

Wait, hold up one minute.
You ever met someone from there?

OP
OP
Officer Big Mac
Oct 28, 2017
Yea essentially people find it suspicious there are so many Mattress Firm stores. Who are buying all these mattresses? lol
www.businessinsider.com

Mattress Firm responds to the wild conspiracy theory about its business that people are going crazy over

A conspiracy theory about why there are so many Mattress Firm stores is taking off on social media.

i work with a guy who has a Finnish accent but his parents are Iranian. Hmmm...

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
www.businessinsider.com

I mean, yeah, it was a little weird. At least in my neighborhood. I lived within a 10min walking distance of at least two or three Mattress Firms. It was super weird. The one that was nearest I passed by on foot regularly, maybe every other day. I never saw anyone in there, other than the employees, and every time I passed they were just standing still, twiddling their thumbs. I don't mean to perpetuate any conspiracy theories as I haven't read the article yet, but it was always perplexing to me every time I passed, there was no one in there. This was in a strip next to bustling businesses, mind you. Papa Johns, Starbucks, a popular salon...

edit: ok so theres nothing in that article. Yeah, it's super weird and I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories much but I will stand by the fact that something is definitely up, or was up (the place I mentioned has now gone under) w Mattress Firm. Maybe they just really overindexed, but it certainly stood out as being like "ANOTHER fucking Mattress Firm?!"

Oct 26, 2017
www.businessinsider.com

Only my grandmother and everyone from that branch of the family and two friends and my oldest friend's husband, so I guess it's up in the air if the internet said so.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Every single day I leave my home.
Only my grandmother and everyone from that branch of the family and two friends and my oldest friend's husband, so I guess it's up in the air if the internet said so.
The internet never lies.

but yea it's a bizarre conspiracy like how did that even make it off the ground lol just point to a map, google it, Finnish sports teams, read a history book, I don't know.

oldboss

Nov 9, 2017
Urgh.... That smug attitude while being so so so so so wrong ... I can't take it.

"police brutality". now that was hilarious

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

A Texas woman was arrested on Wednesday over refusing to wear a face mask inside a business, just days after video went viral showing her being detained in a similar incident.

Terry Lynn Wright, 65, was arrested by Texas City police just after 9 a.m. on Wednesday, according to a statement obtained by ABC 13. She had been asked by employees at an Office Depot to leave unless she put on a facial covering.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
There are so many parts to discuss in this video man:
  • When she asks "Do you believe in this?", you bet your ass she was waiting for an answer like "In the pandemic? Of course!" so she could go off about how this was a plan and how we're being controlled and all that shit.
  • When she goes "police brutality right here!" and people go "Nah, it's not" 😂😂😂 man that was great.
  • Her asking for help in Spanish hoping someone would come
And yes, as someone pointed out earlier she's definitely said "why didn't they obey the police?" before in regards to a police and PoC incident.
Edit: Wait she's been arrested again for the same reason!? Oh wow...

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I mean, yeah, it was a little weird. At least in my neighborhood. I lived within a 10min walking distance of at least two or three Mattress Firms. It was super weird. The one that was nearest I passed by on foot regularly, maybe every other day. I never saw anyone in there, other than the employees, and every time I passed they were just standing still, twiddling their thumbs. I don't mean to perpetuate any conspiracy theories as I haven't read the article yet, but it was always perplexing to me every time I passed, there was no one in there. This was in a strip next to bustling businesses, mind you. Papa Johns, Starbucks, a popular salon...

edit: ok so theres nothing in that article. Yeah, it's super weird and I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories much but I will stand by the fact that something is definitely up, or was up (the place I mentioned has now gone under) w Mattress Firm. Maybe they just really overindexed, but it certainly stood out as being like "ANOTHER fucking Mattress Firm?!"
I know this comment is a few days old but I'd just like to add my two cents. Two years ago I was in a sales class being taught by one of the Mattress Firm people that helped with acquisitions for Mattress Firm. The reason you saw a shit ton of Mattress Firms for a stint in time was they bought a lot of competition and rebranded all the stores to Mattress Firm. But a lot of the stores acquired had leases for 1-2 more years. Regardless of if there were other Mattress Firms in the area. So corporate just decided to wait the leases out. Which is why you could see some stores where there was only ever 1 person on staff. Was a purposeful skeleton crew as the store wasn't intended to stick around past the lease.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
I know this comment is a few days old but I'd just like to add my two cents. Two years ago I was in a sales class being taught by one of the Mattress Firm people that helped with acquisitions for Mattress Firm. The reason you saw a shit ton of Mattress Firms for a stint in time was they bought a lot of competition and rebranded all the stores to Mattress Firm. But a lot of the stores acquired had leases for 1-2 more years. Regardless of if there were other Mattress Firms in the area. So corporate just decided to wait the leases out. Which is why you could see some stores where there was only ever 1 person on staff. Was a purposeful skeleton crew as the store wasn't intended to stick around past the lease.
Ah I see we got a Mattress Firm PR person taken in by their pyramid scheme. What do they have on you? Why are they making you do this? Is the pay good?

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Ah I see we got a Mattress Firm PR person taken in by their pyramid scheme. What do they have on you? Why are they making you do this? Is the pay good?
The Mattress Firm company is not affiliated with me and any beliefs I type are solely owned and thought of by me. Not by me benevolent corporate overlords. Any hypothetical compensation would be in semi expensive pillows that will be delivered to my address bi-weekly. Said pillows may or may not be used to assist in the creation of a Mattress Firm super pillow fort city.