• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you Time Travel in Animal Crossing?

• Yes

Votes: 186 12.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,293 87.4%

• Total voters

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
Or in other words, changing your system clock to advance the in-game clock. Do you do it? Why or why not? Personally, I'm just too impatient not to do it 😬.

@TheFriendlyBro

IGN - Video Producer and Editor
Verified
Aug 1, 2019
This is the first Animal Crossing game I've ever played, and I'm loving it so far. My first day was really exciting, and knowing I could get a house the next day was great!

I'm not fussed with waiting, it gives me a reason to put the game down and look forward to what's coming next. I don't see any point in messing around with that.

w00zey

Nov 23, 2018
I don't. Not that I haven't for games in the past, but I am trying to see how far I can get playing a little each day.

PepperedHam

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
I love the day to day design of Animal Crossing. I understand why those who do it choose to do it, especially in New Horizon's case where it has a slower start than past entries, so no judgment from me, I'm just less inclined to play with and visit friends online who do it. I just personally like it existing as my parallel life, it's always been the appeal of the series to me.

Panou

Oct 27, 2017
I'm kinda sad Nintendo decided to allow gamers to do that... it was one of the funniest features in the previous games, now everyone can cheat.

I miss you Mr Resetti!

stersauce

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
san jose, ca
i have a friend who does it, so i've just been going to her island just to look at turnip prices

my brain won't allow me to time travel for some reason

OP
OP
badboy78660

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually pleasantly surprised by the responses so far! If I had more games on my plate, I'd most likely steer clear from abusing the mechanic. But it's the only game I'm playing presently :(.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Each to their own on how they decide to play the game, but time travel would ruin the whole experience for me.

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't feel AC is the type of game to be speedran and gamified and stuff. Feels against the spirit of the thing. That said, knock yourself out.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
No.It ruins the flow of the game for me.
Animal Crossing is a "play a little bit everyday" game for me.

Jun 26, 2018
I kinda wish there was a game that was somewhere in the middle between Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley, i.e. not as stressful as stardew, but not as restrictively snail paced as Animal Crossing.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I liked how New Leaf simply let you specify the time when starting. Didn't feel like cheating. My schedule right now it reaaaaally making me want to fuck with the system clock. Not to travel back and forth, but just to be able to see daytime! And sell my shit at full price!

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I don't do it, though the beginning of New Horizons is especially slow and I wouldn't begrudge anyone for doing it.

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
No. It's akin to playing Minecraft on creative. You can do things faster but there's a diminished sense of accomplishment.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
OP is a maniac.

So many rushing to their fully upgraded skycrapper and here i am sitting nothing but weed in my tent after day 3.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
I don't do it, though the beginning of New Horizons is especially slow and I wouldn't begrudge anyone for doing it.
That's my issue right now. So much essential content is gated that I couldn't help but time travel.

However I'm done with it for now. I have 3 new townsfolk and am willing to ride out the natural flow of the game. I just wanted to get the ball rolling

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
It's kind of annoying - particularly around launch when there's a real sense everyone is in it together. You help each other get wood and resources, you share fruit...all to build stuff that you see slowly coming to life in almost real-time.

If you're just going to skip ahead and get everything, fair enough if that's how you want to play, but it does seem against the spirit of the game. And you can hardly brag about anything you have if you got it by cheating the system...

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Only did it to get the museum early. Having to wait two days is a big no.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
What happens if you set back the time to the regular date after you time travelled?

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I really wouldn't enjoy Animal Crossing if I skipped time.

In fact I know I wouldn't because it did once in the past and it really kinda ruined my daily fun.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
The satisfaction of seeing your town grow over time is gone, time travel is cheating there's no other side to it.

Nov 17, 2017
I personally don't do it. It kind of defeats the purpose of the game for me. Animal Crossing was always a slow burn, you do little by little every day. Speedrunning it by skipping ahead in time so you can get everything immediately ruins that sense of progression for me and guarantees I'll get bored of the game much sooner. I want the game to last so I can enjoy it over a long period of time. If I time travel and get everything I want in a week what is there left to do?

Mrflood

Oct 25, 2017
In the past I time-travelled and found it actually ruined my experience. In NH, I am purposely taking is slow and keeping it as a "side-game" while I focus on working though my backlog. So far, it's been working well.

Oct 29, 2017
If people want to do it, no issues but I think for me it would ruin the game. I enjoy this as something to pick up every day, do a few jobs and put back down. To just speed through it all, I think is not the intention of the game and would ruin it for me in the same way that breaking systems such as XP in games does.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda sad Nintendo decided to allow gamers to do that... it was one of the funniest features in the previous games, now everyone can cheat.

I miss you Mr Resetti!
Huh?

Resetti showed up when you would turn your game off without saving, not when you would time travel (advance or roll back the game/system clock). You could always do it without the game really penalizing you for it outside of rotting any turnips you bought.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
These games are designed to be picked up daily for half a decade. I've done it in the past, but I always feel bad after. I'm fine with the pacing of New Horizon, and How abundantly clear it is when you reach your "end day" and it becomes time to move on to something else in your life.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I time traveled twice. To Open MP and the Museum.

I'm sure i will do it again at some point. Doesn't hurt my fun at all.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I did it for new Leaf

especially after I didn't touch the game for some time and when I played it already and was going back

before though when I was playing it in a timely manner I did not time travel

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
No, I think it would ruin what I like about this game.

So for those who do it, what happens if you go back in time? Does Nook say something about it? lol

DrStrange87

The Fallen
Feb 8, 2018
Restricting holidays until it's time to actually do them was a good call. I understand why some people travel otherwise.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I mean...there's no way to "beat" the game, so what would a speed runner even do? lol

New Leaf page on
www.speedrun.com

Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Speedrun.com

View Animal Crossing: New Leaf speedruns, leaderboards, forums and more on Speedrun.com

2y7cbQf.png