• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
"So this Tweet you wrote today, just to clarify, you're on record saying the Confederacy was bad?"
"...................."

CalamityPixel

Oct 27, 2017
It's embarrassing that I knew what this thread would be about before even looking at the context, I'm not even American.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Meanwhile, in the Senate, GOP-led SASC approved Warren's amendment:

Jim Sciutto @jimsciutto

Breaking this hour: GOP-led Senate Armed Services Committee has adopted an amendment behind closed doors for Pentagon to remove the names of Confederate generals from military assets within three years, @mkraju @tedbarrettcnn reporting​

9:07 AM - Jun 11, 2020

Manu Raju @mkraju

Confirming @nielslesniewski, the committee adopted the amendment by Elizabeth Warren behind closed doors. The amendment would create independent commission to review and develop a detailed plan for removing the names from bases, installations, facilities, aircrafts, ships, planes https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1271066428704280576 …

9:43 AM - Jun 11, 2020

Manu Raju @mkraju

The amendment to remove Confederate names could still be stripped out as it makes its way through the legislative process. But if Trump were to veto such a bill, it would be a big risk given the popular defense measure sets policy for the Pentagon. https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/11/politics/senate-confederate-leaders-names-from-military-assets/index.html …

10:37 AM - Jun 11, 2020

Elizabeth Warren @SenWarren

As a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, I filed an amendment to the annual defense bill last week to rename all bases named for Confederate generals. It's long past time to end the tribute to white supremacy on our military installations. https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/06/take-confederate-names-off-our-army-bases/612832/ …

4:10 PM - Jun 9, 2020

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Says man who knows so little about American history he would struggle to fill a single tweet limit summarizing the entire history of the country.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
that feeling when your 150 year old loses are finally catching up to you

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
So tired of this fucking argument. There's a difference between acknowledging history and glamorizing it. Tear it all down.

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I don't remember all this hand-wringing about statues when all the ones depicting Lenin and Stalin were coming down in the early '90s, or when the Saddam Hussein ones were being toppled.

Quite the opposite, it was being celebrated.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
does he think this means you're supposed to celebrate it? you're supposed to learn from it. The whole point is you fucked up in the past

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017

So, what is Ol' Donnie Two Scoops getting at here? 😑

Y'all, don't forget that Trump is a white supremacist who's surrounded by white supremacists.

It's eerie, how insidious this quote reads, when you view it through the lens of a white supremacist who sees this moment in time as the tipping point to usher in the white ethnostate longed for by their forebearers.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
This is the man who asked what happened at Pearl Habor, folks.

ZeldaGalaxy94

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Sweden
Isn't he already denying his own history, like them old tweets where he complained that Obama want golfing when the US was in crisis, but heself can golf as an POTUS even under a crisis?

he just don't know when to say the right thing at the right time

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
He's got an excellent point. For example, all the racist shitheads who ramble on about their heritage while denying their heritage is hatred, treason, racism, and losing, are destined to continue being hateful racist losers.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Poem_by_Martin_Niemoeller_at_the_the_Holocaust_memorial_in_Boston_MA.jpg

moeman

Oct 25, 2017
There's a difference between studying history from a textbook (which many conservative states conveniently whitewash effectively "denying" said history btw) and celebrating this history with memorabilia and monuments. But of course trump knows that.

Steeven

Oct 26, 2017
History cannot repeat itself ever, for the causes for events are always different, but I feel that destroying statues and what not isn't the solution to certain problems.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
It's the bullshit racist talking point that hero worship of the Confederacy amounts to 'remembering history.'

leafcutter

Feb 14, 2018
i guess defunding education is okay if you think people can learn history by looking at statues.

BraiM

Oct 27, 2017
when do you guys think was the last time donald trump read a history book

feel free to answer NA

I once saw trump carrying around a dozen copies of world book encyclopedia. I asked him if he needed, and he said "What? What?" and nervously glanced behind a few times. I asked again and he called me smokey and told me to stay in school. This was before the election though so who knows what he was up to.