• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
It's so bad it's actually incredible.

20179-l.jpg

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
lol seriously I don't remember that clock ticking being so freakin loud!
I remember it making me very unconfortable but I guessed that was the intended effect. It's only after watching this video that I went "OK, yeah, that was ridiculously loud". And not only that, for whatever reason it's ticking at twice the normal speed too. Frankly it feels like downright deliberate trolling on the game devs' part. :D

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
So since remake doesn't say Jill sandwich, does that make it not in line with when Revelations 2 remarks on the Claire Sandwich line? Food for thought.

tumblr_pd2rztmstb1ui1esno2_400.gifv

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
This small bit of dialog is super underrated:

Barry: "Do you think we can see... Tyrant now?"

Jill: "Barry, you're so optimistic!" (done in this tone)

Like... what? Jill's line is a complete non-sequitur lol

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
one of the reasons i love the remake so much is they basically keep the same script, but just make the lines make more sense and give nice little nods to the jank original dialogue
REmake is one of my all-time favorite games, but the script and acting end up existing in an awkward place. It is all "better" than what we got in the original, but it still isn't good. And, unfortunately, by cleaning all that stuff up, we lost a lot of the comedy from the classic version. Both the voice acting and the script just feel blander in the remake.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
A generation defining classic.

Probably one of the most quotable videogames of all time.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
I wanna make a survival horror game just to make all of the achievements references to cheesy RE dialogue.

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
I was playing REvelations 2 yesterday and they actually reference that line with "I was almost a Claire sandwich"