• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shirosaki

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
As a Christian and as a Texan, this is freaking stupid. I even like eating at Chickfila but everyone in these parts knows their stance of the ownership. Ironically the one I frequent has quite a few LGBTQ employees.

I just can't fathom why they would create this law, and boast about it, when Chickfila is doing fine financially and not hindered in anyway from the massive profits they turn out at all the other stores. If anything the whole ordeal brought MORE publicity to them the entire time.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I should open a tex mex restaurant in Texas that is just a giant Jesus head and his mouth is the door. Even if the food sucked people would flock to it.

Also, regarding dumb legislation, I am pretty sure that even as some of our cities are being swallowed by the sea, climate change cannot be discussed in our state legislature nor can research for it be funded by the state. Conservatives, yay!

Kotoko

Attempting to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Rationalising and excusing homophobia, account still in its junior phase.
Why are people so against Chick-fil-A? Best customer service out of all fast food chains, excellent food, they are doing it right. If their Christian viewpoint means they do not agree with lesbians and gays, that's fine that's their opinion.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
It is a good law, sorry.

If it were actually intended to protect religious freedom, and enforced that way, maybe. But it's not. It's designed to enable religious groups to perpetuate hate and incite violence. Religious freedom is already guaranteed by the constitution. This law is literally completely unnecessary to safeguard that freedom. It's only use is enabling hate groups under the guise of religious protection.

ZeroDotFlow

Oct 27, 2017
Why are people so against Chick-fil-A? Best customer service out of all fast food chains, excellent food, they are doing it right. If their Christian viewpoint means they do not agree with lesbians and gays, that's fine that's their opinion.
You're right, bigots thinking LGBTQ people are lesser human beings is just their opinion. Nothing to get upset about. It's especially not upsetting when they donate to causes that would take away their rights, as long as it doesn't affect me. Clearly.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
There is nothing to disagree with. It's how people are born. It's discrimination based on how somebody is born, like how race is. It's bigotry and not an opinion and it's not excusable regardless of any religion. Any decent person should understand this regardless of how goddamn good their food or service is.

But maybe that was sarcasm?

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
I don't care if their customer service consists of giving customers blow jobs for every 3rd chicken sandwich they buy. Their "opinion" is hate filled and downright evil and so is trying to hand wave it away.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview

Bigotry isn't an "opinion" - it's being a piece of shit.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017

They donate money to organizations that make LGBTQ peoples' lives worse.

Corporations have mega dollars and political power, so it's their societal responsibility to be societally responsible with their money and influence. When they don't, the public has a right to judge them.

You can be a company that is operated by leadership who holds personal Christian beliefs without being a corporation that oppresses LGBTQ people. I think In-N-Out is an example of one. CFA doesn't HAVE to be as shitty as they are just because they were founded by Christians.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Waste of an account AND oxygen.