• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
im-206901

Reopened Theme Parks Ban Screaming on Roller Coasters. Riders Are Howling.

At the Fuji-Q Highland amusement park recently, the chief executive and his corporate boss took a ride on the park's No. 1 attraction, the Fujiyama roller coaster, and plunged 230 feet without so much as a peep.

A video showed the two executives, both clad in masks, sternly riding the coaster in complete silence. It ended with a message: "Please scream inside your heart." *

Video showing the test ride - The executives challenge the visitors to this "new screaming style"

Japan's campaign against the coronavirus is targeting thrill-seekers who might expel a burst of virus-carrying droplets with a mid-ride utterance. Enjoy the ride, say theme-park operators—just don't let your voice show it.

Fuji-Q Highland would rather not encourage screaming these days, which is why CEO Daisuke Iwata and his boss, Koichiro Horiuchi, chief executive of Fuji Kyuko Co., found themselves barreling around on the Fujiyama coaster at 80 miles an hour for their video.

"We received complaints that the theme park association's request to not make loud noises was impossible and too strict. That's why we decided to release the video," a Fuji-Q spokesman said.

The video inspired a trend on social media of people posting stone-faced, mask-clad photos of themselves on roller coasters with the hashtag "serious face challenge."

Source: https://www.wsj.com/articles/reopen...rs-are-howling-11594222278?st=r6pu4qsoqqsfzlu

What do you think Era? Would you please scream inside your heart? :v
Are you going to take the "serious face challenge" when possible?

* At the end of the video says 「 絶叫は心の中で...」 meaning "Screaming inside (someone's) heart", but less literally: "Scream in your mind...", but WSJ translation is more hilarious by including the politeness :v

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
What about yelling 'oh shit' over and over? That's what I usually do.

napkins

Nov 18, 2017
not that i'm going to ever leave this house again, but i've never had much problem keeping quiet on roller coasters.
except for x2. i couldn't keep the aaahhhs/oohhh shhiiiittt/fuuuuccckkss from coming out of my mouth

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
At first blush this seems silly, but then again I don't yell/scream on roller coasters anyway.

And fun fact, Fuji-Q Highlands was the last amusement park I've been to. A bit on the small side compared to like a Six Flags, but Eejanaika is a legit great coaster.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
"Please scream inside your heart" sounds like a quote somebody would write on their Myspace with Hawthorne Heights playing.

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
You mean you don't wanna hear the sound of 8 to 10 little girls shrieking on every ride no matter how not that bad it is?

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
No laughing or giggling on the swings.

Please keep your amazement of our Cowboy Shoot Out show to a dull murmur.

Oct 25, 2017
Why even pay money to go the theme park at the point of such restrictions and less than full experiences?

Like Disney I can maybe understand if you absolutely aren't worried and have a pass,
but if not why pay all that money for a halfassed experience.
Save your money and go when its safe and get the real experience.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Good luck with that. It's going to happen no matter what the rules.

I gotta admit though, screaming kids annoy the hell out of me.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Listening to other people scream on rides is annoying and a distraction from the experience. Good riddance.

One of the reason I hate rides is because I KNOW I'm annoying with the amount I scream. I get terrified and had bad experiences (and I'm pretty sure I might have triggered some actual PTSD...) I don't scream for fun, it's purely a primal fight-or-flight response from me (in which I'm trapped and can't do either). So yeah some of us can't help it. It's like trying to tell me "see that thing over there that feels like it's trying to kill you? DON'T scream!!" Tell my brain to knock it off :/