• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CottonWolf

Feb 23, 2018
It does mean that. No worries in using it in it's normal context. Just do go on calling other real people as NPC:s and you're good.
Unless you believe the entire world's a simulation and you're also an NPC. That's also cool.
"a black gay muslim who fights against his misogynist ancestors"

Yeah, imagine the muslim community react kindly to this.
I mean, moderates probably don't give a damn, and there's an entire clan of muslim vampires. It's probably too late for the conservative muslims regardless.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Alt-right meme that portrays decent people (e.g. "SJWs") as non-player caharacters having a preprogrammed personality
I've literally never heard this before, until this thread

I don't believe in any movement "co-opting" something. I'm still going to say NPC for video games like I have before lol

just like that green frog image to me is still for feelsbadman, not any racist thing

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
I've literally never heard this before, until this thread

I don't believe in any movement "co-opting" something. I'm still going to say NPC for video games like I have before lol

just like that green frog image to me is still for feelsbadman, not any racist thing

Nobody is saying that you can't talk about NPCs in videogames.

Someone asked what it meant outside of video games and I answered.

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 18360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You are implying there are non-conservative muslims that embrace homosexuality?

Of course there are. They might be a small minority not aligned with any majority orthodox tradition, but being one of the biggest religions in the world it seems almost logically necessary that there would be at least a few.

Wumbo64

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The content in this article is clearly driven by ignorance and an unflattering bias.

The medium is capable of more than bright colors, explosions, guns and swords. Let idiots grapple with their insecurities and xenophobia.

If we are lucky, one day articles like this will become less frequent as human beings realize they have agency and can pick and choose what they consume.

CottonWolf

Feb 23, 2018
The only muslim people I know that embrace homosexuality are those that give up their religion, so I don't think I should call them muslim anymore.
It very much depends on the country, but increasing numbers of muslims in Western countries are relaxed about homosexuality. But it depends on what you mean by embrace, numbers of practicing homosexuals are difficult to count for obvious reasons, but I'm willing to bet it's lower than the numbers that are okay with it in the abstract (beyond what the relative expectations would be in the general population).

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
He is stupid as shit but I also hope they keep all the weird and dark shit that the first game had. It had some real distrubing things in it if you fell down that rabbit hole and I kinda loved that because you could be a not terrible vampire in that game but also end up wrapped up in alot of unsavory things that made you think.

I just don't want them to take out that ambiguousness of the Vampires in that game. They were never good, just varying shades of not bad or sometimes terrible.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Nobody is saying that you can't talk about NPCs in videogames.

Someone asked what it meant outside of video games and I answered.
oh yeah I know, my reply wasn't really a direct response to you, just a general statement

It's good you answered cause I had no idea

To be dead serious, the only time I learn about alt-right memes is actually here on ERA. I've never heard of any of this stuff before... for example the ones I've learned on ERA is the green frog image, that flag that was in Destiny, and now NPC

how do yall know all these alt-right memes in the first place haha, I guess I'm just never anywhere around them. I don't do any social media whatsoever, so I never read Twitter or Facebook and I never watch any news. Also I don't randomly browse Youtube or Reddit

Osiris397

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm to the point where I am just accepting that these are the trevails of questioning and then overturning old world values that were always intended to be inequitable and always intended to be normalized. They can kick and scream all they want...nothing stops this train...nothing.

CottonWolf

Feb 23, 2018
He is stupid as shit but I also hope they keep all the weird and dark shit that the first game had. It had some real distrubing things in it if you fell down that rabbit hole and I kinda loved that because you could be a not terrible vampire in that game but also end up wrapped up in alot of unsavory things that made you think.

I just don't want them to take out that ambiguousness of the Vampires in that game. They were never good, just varying shades of not bad or sometimes terrible.
V5 pushes the monsterous nature of Vampires even more than early editions, as I understand it. For examples, there are options in the core rulebook to take a fake family and play family vampire so you have a constant supply of blood available at all times. While all along the stupid humans believe you're related to you.

Basically, dominate is a fucked up ability and the writers are fully aware of that.

Oct 26, 2017
Imagine your politics being so bad that you feel threatened by something being inclusionary and nice to people. Because I can't.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
oh yeah I know, my reply wasn't really a direct response to you, just a general statement

It's good you answered cause I had no idea

To be dead serious, the only time I learn about alt-right memes is actually here on ERA. I've never heard of any of this stuff before... for example the ones I've learned on ERA is the green frog image, that flag that was in Destiny, and now NPC

how do yall know all these alt-right memes in the first place haha, I guess I'm just never anywhere around them. I don't do any social media whatsoever, so I never read Twitter or Facebook and I never watch any news. Also I don't randomly browse Youtube or Reddit

Cause I hate myself and look into this. Also shit like Reddit.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
why are we highlighting this argument? I realize it's Turkey's main gaming magazine but... it's not like Turkey is a bastion of progressive thought at the moment

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
Being inclusive by having more options somehow is killing games according to dipshits without a brain.

Deleted member 18360

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
why are we highlighting this argument? I realize it's Turkey's main gaming magazine but... it's not like Turkey is a bastion of progressive thought at the moment

You have a point there, I'm not sure it's worth signal boosting this stuff, but I admit I have a mild comic fascination with how a sequel to VtM:B has become a lightning rod for all these losers.

00lsen

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
As soon as I saw the title I knew people would come here putting blame on "Turkish mentality"

How the fuck do you manage to be progressive and racist at the same time?

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
V5 pushes the monsterous nature of Vampires even more than early editions, as I understand it. For examples, there are options in the core rulebook to take a fake family and play family vampire so you have a constant supply of blood available at all times. While all along the stupid humans believe you're related to you.

Basically, dominate is a fucked up ability and the writers are fully aware of that.

So I have nothing to worry about then. I hate how cleaned up vampires got for awhile that I'm just glad they are sticking to their monstrous nature.

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
The whole complaining about SJW's-thing becomes tiring.. how about being a decent human being and respect the catering of media to the diversity of the audience it serves?

Also, what's it about that whole "imagine that..."=thing? is that like a new meme or something?

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
DishonestFatalErmine-max-1mb.gif

It's fucking ironic because "SJW" philosophies usually means more options rather than less. These people need to go back to a cave and just not come out.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
"they (Paradox) announced they'll be adding he/she pronoun options in the character creation section which disturbs players".

How fucking fragile do you have to be for this to "disturb" someone :/

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
People who use NPC and SJW unironically should be ignored

Kinda funny in a pathetic way that "NPC" as an insult was conjured up by a group of people in constant rage that comes from their impotency to stop progress among the industry.

They're calling "NPC" the people they feel powerless to stop.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
It's absolutely insane to me that having literally any character that is not straight, white or a man is considered "SJW nonsense" I hate watched a video that I will not link to about "SJW Bullshit in Avengers Infinity War" and was basically just a clip show of every time a character from Black Panther, Scarlett Witch or Black Widow did anything.

These are the people that complain about how sensitive everybody is, then lose their minds every time something that they do not like happens on screen.
It's not enough for white straight men to be the lead and focus of things for them, non-white straight men need to also not exist at all.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
The alt-right outcry over VTMB 2 is particularly funny because the original Bloodlines straight up mocks republicans and conservatives all the fucking time, Bloodlines is directly leftist in its messaging.
Even in the games endings, the only good one is where you side with the Anarchs to kill the rich, every single other one you either get screwed and killed, or is just plain bad where you don't even get to see what was inside the sarcophagus, the whole mystery of the game.
They should have an Armenian Character just to make Turkey pop a fucking vein.
As an Armenian descendant, I would fucking love to see that.

update

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There's an update, sounds like they're apologizing for this author. haku I'd appreciate it if you could add this to the OP

(translation by me)

As the scope of the debate has far surpassed what was intended to be conveyed in this article, we thought it was necessary to make an explanation regarding Oyungezer's journalistic creed:

As Oyungezer, we have tried to be a progressive and open-minded publication since our foundation. As we are a game magazine and not a political magazine, we avoided political discussion and rumors. However, when politics and gaming intersected, we always supported progressivism.

So, as Oyungezer, games touching upon social and political matters and expanding the horizons of players regarding these matters, games showing what's right is not something to be condemned, but encouraged. Especially in a world where we're worriedly watching the global rise of hatred, misogyny, homophobia(/anti-LGBT sentiment) and ethnical discrimination in gaming communities, we need many more games that include and defend positive values.

Beyond that, we think that not just game developers, but all content producers should not have "fear" but sensitivity regarding hurting the other side. [my understanding of this is that creators shouldn't be afraid of representation]

These are the values that Oyungezer represents.

For this reason, we regret that we have given the impression that we've judged a game that hasn't yet been released due to concerns based on rumors.

In the future, we will spend more effort to ensure all of our writers share the sensitivity -which we've had since the genesis of this medium- regarding how we portray Oyungezer's values.

Furthermore, with the OGZ Online editors, we will do what's necessary to separate news and personal commentary.

-Serpil Ulutürk

Last edited:

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
FEAR the SJW MENACE, the monster FORCING SJW AGENDA DOWN OUR THROATS
yes that's right, the SJW MONSTER is everywhere, but has its claws set keenly on VIDEO GAMES, insistent on destroying its PURITY with SJW POLITICS
i know, i know, nothing is SACRED or SAFE from the SJW AGENDA
they have already started, COMPLETELY DESTROYING such games as
um
franchise they have ruined like
err
SJWs have ruined
that
that loli game maybe
im sure there was some loli anime game that was banned or censored
and maybe some rape games that were banned
RUINED
VIDEO GAMES UNDER THREAT
I CANT BELIEVE I CAN CHOOSE MY PRONOUNS I AM OUTRAGED LITERALLY EVERYTHING ELSE IN THIS VIDEO GAME IS RUINED BECAUSE OF THIS
if only the sjw snowflakes would stop being so offended by everything????????
RIP VIDEO GAMES 2019

EDIT: YES, exactly! The 5th Edition of VAMPIRE THE MASQUERADE that is FULL of FORCED SJW stuff like
*flips through notes*
terrible TERRIBLE OVERSENSITIVE FORCED SJW STUFF LIKE
*flips pages*
um
the ability to
um
use innocent mortals as living, breathing test tubes, forcing them to eat chemicals and other materials, using their bodies as organic cauldrons
or um
err
terrorising mortals into a specific emotional state, feeding off them, and benefiting from emotional resonance blood
wait

EDIT 2:
GOT IT
THERE'S A NOTE AT THE START THAT SAYS VAMPIRE THE MASQUERADE IS NOT A FASCIST FRIENDLY GAME
ALSO THERE'S A NOTE THAT SAYS MANY VAMPIRE GAME SYSTEMS AND THEMES COULD BE TRIGGERING, AND PROVIDES SUGGESTIONS FOR PLAYERS THAT WISH TO ALTER THE RULESET TO BENEFIT MORE SENSITIVE MEMBERS AT THE TABLE, BUT ONLY IF THEY WANT TO
SEE
SJW POLITICS!!!!!!!!!

It's all just doublespeak for censoring anyone who's not white straight male.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Also, has the article been sneakily edited since you posted OP? I didn't think it was as egregious as you made it sound, though it was still both-sidesing the issue.

Oh wait nope. I'm not seeing any "SJW" mention but there's some whining about political correctness.

Sağ ve sol görüşlü oyuncular şu anda oyunla ilgili hemen hemen tüm ortamlarda birbirine girmiş durumda ve hakaretler havada uçuşuyor. Bazı insanlar oyunu politik doğruculukla suçlarken, bazı insanlarsa karşıt görüşte olanları homofobik ve yobaz olmakla itham ediyor. Yani her zamanki manzara, anladınız siz onu… Arada derdini düzgünce anlatan birkaç yorum bulabildiğinizde gerçek hayattaki politik çatışmaları oyunda görmek istemediklerini, zaten gün içinde bunlarla yeterince uğraştıklarını ve önceki oyunda olduğu gibi vampir klanlarının arasındaki kurgusal politik savaşları görmeyi tercih ettiklerini söyleyen kişiler görüyoruz. Onlara karşı çıkanlarsa oyunun bizi böyle bir şeye zorlayacağının kesin olmadığını, belki de hangi tarafı seçeceğimizin bize bırakılacağını ve yapımcıların boş yere suçlandığını söylüyorlar. Eh… İyi bir RYO'da olması gereken de zaten bence bu; kendi politik doğrularını bize empoze etmek yerine neyin doğru neyin yanlış olduğuna karar vermeyi bize bırakması…

Right-wing and leftist players are arguing with each other about the game on basically every platform and insults are everywhere. As some people accuse the game of political correctness, others say people who disagree with them are homophobes and bigots. Business as usual, you know what I mean... When you can find a few coherent comments here and there, they're saying that they don't want to see real world conflicts in the game, they deal with this bullshit in real life already, and they want fictional political conflicts between vampires like the first game. People who disagree with them say that it's uncertain the game will force us to do such a thing, and perhaps we'll be able to pick a side, and that the developers are being blamed for no reason... Eh... That's what a good RPG should have in my opinion; instead of imposing its own polticial truths on us, leaving us to decide what is right and wrong...

By the way, Oyungezer is not a pro-Erdoğan magazine. I remember that they published an overtly anti-Erdoğan article in 2013 (might've admittedly changed since then but I doubt it). So this is really saddening to see. I hope it was an egregious mistake and doesn't represent the culture at this company. I've not read Oyungezer in a while though.

CottonWolf

Feb 23, 2018
The alt-right outcry over VTMB 2 is particularly funny because the original Bloodlines straight up mocks republicans and conservatives all the fucking time, Bloodlines is directly leftist in its messaging.
Even in the games endings, the only good one is where you side with the Anarchs to kill the rich, every single other one you either get screwed and killed, or is just plain bad where you don't even get to see what was inside the sarcophagus, the whole mystery of the game.
This actually isn't true.
The Strauss Camarilla ending goes fine for the PC.

Look! The Pie!

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I am so beyond done with shitheads proclaiming that inclusivity is a bad thing (and worse, actually getting angry when companies try to appeal to/be considerate towards anyone who isn't a straight white male).

It seems to be increasingly gaining traction in all spheres of life, not just gaming, and that's incredibly worrying to me.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
if the devs want to put PC shit into their games, that's their right to do so. you can always not buy the game. but of course the people offended by this developer decision will not simply do that, they will attempt to destroy the game, thereby confirming their own agendas against the perceived agenda that the developer has.

The anti SJW people have become the snowflakes they criticized and the hypocrisy refuses to dawn on them

OP
OP
haku

haku

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wait nope. I'm not seeing any "SJW" mention but there's some whining about political correctness.
Yes, they sneakily edited the article and replaced all "SJW" words with "political correctness". LOL And also the article seems much shorter now. Apperantly they removed some of the bullshit from the author. I have screenshots if anyone wants to see the original article.

Btw, thanks for the translation. I'm adding the update to the first post.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
It's totally my fault. I spoke to the writer of that article in DMs and he was freaking out about an English speaker having read his article. He was legit spooked. He then proceeded to tell me that his city is "LGBT" and that he "Has a trans neighbor" and then from there he was like "Welp gotta go bye".

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
It's totally my fault. I spoke to the writer of that article in DMs and he was freaking out about an English speaker having read his article. He was legit spooked. He then proceeded to tell me that his city is "LGBT" and that he "Has a trans neighbor" and then from there he was like "Welp gotta go bye".
For someone who wishes that he didn't have to be scared of hurting others, he sounds terrified by what other people think.

TheZodiacAge

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Islamophobic rhetoric and previous severe infractions
"a black gay muslim who fights against his misogynist ancestors"

Yeah, imagine the muslim community react kindly to this.
This is why we need to ultra left propaganda to counter alt-right indoctrination.

They literally have a president in Erdogan that denies Evolution and says their god made everything.
They want or already did get rid of teaching about that in schools because its wrong and against the Religion.
And he had many voters that live in western countries outside of Turkey where you should think they completely changed their mentality thanks to living in a complete different world.

This is why we need people to finally speak up against the Religion and tell those people its 2019.
Their Stoneage stuff has no place anymore in this world and they need to introduce something like a Islam 2.0
But people are afraid for some reason to fight it and especially for those people that can't fight it without the fear of risking their lives.