• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Huh. Japanese Nintendo claims it says so and Google Translate says so as well. I guess JN was wrong here...

What's the proper translation of the quote on the website?

Something like: "The project that revives Sega classic titles on Nintendo Switch! In addition to discussion from the Sega Ages development team, we'll look behind the scenes of development and showcase live gameplay of upcoming titles."

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
You people asking for a Sega Ages version of Skies of Arcadia when the only way that game should be played these days is via a full remake.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Come on more Phantasy Star. The Sega Ages version of PS1 was great.

Oct 27, 2017
With all the crazy dream-game announcements in the last few years, the climate is set for Panzer Dragoon Saga to finally get a rerelease. But I certainly don't expect that to happen. Anything beyond Genesis games seems like a pretty risky proposition if these aren't selling well,

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
With all the crazy dream-game announcements in the last few years, the climate is set for Panzer Dragoon Saga to finally get a rerelease. But I certainly don't expect that to happen. Anything beyond Genesis games seems like a pretty risky proposition if these aren't selling well,
Isn't that game famous for having it's source code lost or is that not a problem?

Regardless, I think it's getting remade if the other two remakes are successful.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
Saturn games pls. Thank you, Sega! :)

Sega Rally
Virtua Fighter 2
Exhumed
Dark Savior
Saturn Bomberman
Nights
Daytona USA
Deep Fear

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
The implication from the statement on the website is that they'll be talking about and showing updates for the games that were previously announced but still not released--Puyo Puyo 2, Herzog Zwei, G-LOC, etc.

They've previously said they're completely tapped out and have no latitude to announce more games in this volume or commit to a second volume until everything is finished, so while I'd be happy to be wrong, I really don't expect much in the way of major announcements.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Shinobi arcade and g-loc were shown so i assume they are being added to the sega ages releases?

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
Someone ate a bug live.
220px-Bug%21_cover.jpg

Espiox

Dec 7, 2017
UK
It's over. No new announcements? That's concerning, I hope there's more planned after the announced batch.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Waste of time. It's painfully obvious that M2 had their hands full with the Mini for the last year, so Ages got a massive delay.

Sonic 2 is nowhere to be found.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
Waste of time. It's painfully obvious that M2 had their hands full with the Mini for the last year, so Ages got a massive delay.

Sonic 2 is nowhere to be found.

Yep. IMO, not worth it. :/ We've had a trillion ways to play Genesis games over the last decade. We could've had Dreamcast and/or Naomi games on Switch by now for all we know. Sigh. :/

Espiox

Dec 7, 2017
UK
Assuming from the footage shown today that the Oct/Nov/Dec releases for Japan are Shinobi, Puyo Puyo 2, and Thunder Force AC (not necessarily in that order).

Espiox

Dec 7, 2017
UK
According to Siliconera, they said that all currently-announced games are in a playable state. Any further games beyond these will depend on sales (which have reportedly been disappointing in Japan, but better than expected in the West).

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
So what was announced? :o

A Japanese release date for Ichidant-R, a new feature for Thunder Force AC (playable Thunder Force IV ship) and footage and minor updates on a few other games.

The stage show never promised big announcements, just updates on games that had been announced but not discussed. They announced a lot of games a long time ago and already said they can't announce any more until everything's done and they sell well enough to justify more games.

am i blind because i saw puyo puyo and thunderforce 3 when i dropped in the stream.

It was the arcade version of Puyo Puyo 2--granted, the MD version's close to arcade-perfect, but they're not exactly the same and the arcade version is the original.

Thunder Force AC is an arcade game based on Thunder Force III--again, if the difference at a glance isn't obvious than fair enough, but it's more of a remix than a straight conversion.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Those are arcade Puyo Puyo 2 and Thunder Force AC.
It was the arcade version of Puyo Puyo 2--granted, the MD version's close to arcade-perfect, but they're not exactly the same and the arcade version is the original.

Thunder Force AC is an arcade game based on Thunder Force III--again, if the difference at a glance isn't obvious than fair enough, but it's more of a remix than a straight conversion.

m'kay...i stand corrected. :-\