• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Re-watching the series again with my daughter who has never seen it. This episode is in the final season and is basically just Leslie and Ron trapped in a room overnight and forced to speak to each other to address the season-long grudge that has had them as odds. We the audience haven't known what caused the rift-and Ron is typically unemotional and stone faced-until this scene.

This hits me like a ton of bricks. I think that anyone who has experienced having their circle of fiends move on and split up can identify with this.

Oct 28, 2017
OP maybe you can ID this episode. I only remember its opening scene though. I think Rob Lowe comes in and asks Garry a question. He answers and Rob starts laughing, then Tom starts laughing, and Donna. Everybody in the office is just in stitches laughing and then the theme song starts.

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing beats Ron reading Scottish poetry though. Or talking about canoes.

Edit: I'd link it, but my phone doesn't want me to or something.

Last edited:

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
great episode. great series (except season 1)
I can't count the times I've had to insist to people that they give Parks and Rec a second try, just having to get past that first season. They're always glad they do, but it takes some coercing. Even I almost skipped the show based on season 1.

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't count the times I've had to insist to people that they give Parks and Rec a second try, just having to get past that first season. They're always glad they do, but it takes some coercing. Even I almost skipped the show based on season 1.
I don't understand how they turned that ship around inbetween seasons. It's a profound difference. I was wholly indifferent to it but went into season 2 anyway and am so glad I did. One of my favourite shows of all time.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
OP maybe you can ID this episode. I only remember its opening scene though. I think Rob Lowe comes in and asks Garry a question. He answers and Rob starts laughing, then Tom starts laughing, and Donna. Everybody in the office is just in stitches laughing and then the theme song starts.

Smallest Park

And agreed with the poster above. Comeback Kid is excellent. Poor Pistol Pete

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
It's absolutely fantastic, although I usually go with The Comeback Kid as my favorite episode.

MalcomFleX

Alt account
Banned
Sep 9, 2019
It's definitely the best of the final season. But it's far from the best in the series. The first Greg Pikitas Halloween episode is easily the best.

I don't understand how they turned that ship around inbetween seasons. It's a profound difference. I was wholly indifferent to it but went into season 2 anyway and am so glad I did. One of my favourite shows of all time.
They hired better writers to focus on characters like Tom (Alan Yang, Harris Wittles), which turned him into a likable character, whereas before he was an asshole to everyone around him who was constantly looking to cheat on his wife. They also smartly made Leslie intelligent and competent instead of being another clueless Michael Scott knockoff. Most importantly though Greg Daniels left and Michael Schurr started doing the heavy lifting.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
For me it's Go Big or Go Home. Very few episodes made me laugh that much in a sitcom.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Back in the day I would rewatch the episode where Tom moves out and we meet DJ roomba for the first time. Loved that ep

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Parks and Rec is one of the only shows I can watch where I feel good after every episode. It's so good.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite scene lol
giphy.gif