• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Do they seriously think hes going to be impeached? Washington is stacked with corrupt republicans and deeply entrenched in party over country. Doesn't really seem like theres a good chance for it right now.

Hopefully it'll atleast put a dent in his campaign though.
They already have the votes for impeachment in the house, it's the removal that's the unlikely vote to occur in the senate.

But like you said even if impeachment doesn't go all the way to the trial and vote steps it SERIOUSLY is going to hamper his reelection efforts. It's a win either way really.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
giphy.gif

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
GOP/Fox in a few years: "Nah, fuck that guy he was always terrible and we never liked him. Now, this guy though.. he's great!"
He's the dumbass for thinking they'd be loyal to him, they're loyal to any incumbent GOP asshole.

If Fox outright turns on him lol, the heat he'd be feeling. As it is he's got GOP rivals calling him out for committing treason.
Not sure ol' agent orange can survive this onslaught.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
When cons are left running Mike Pence for prez in 2020 I'm sure the machine will talk shit about trump

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
They already tried to turn on him back during the primary debates and it didn't work then. Like, if we're talking who the fox base will lean towards, it's Trump. It's a cult of personality at this point and it doesn't matter what they throw out.

Yeah. People forget this. When Fox briefly feuded with Trump, their audience turned on them hard. Ever since then, Trump's had Fox by the short hairs.

There's zero chance that Fox turns on Trump before their viewers do, which will be never. It's a nice fantasy, but it's about as likely as oil companies stopping drilling before the wells are all dry.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
They will never "turn on him" because their viewers would lose it. At best they'll just act like this is something pretty bad but doesn't reach impeachment threshold and everyone is just overreacting.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
"This massive thing happened, and no one knows how to cover it."

I'm sure Russia will give them some suggestions.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Fox shit on Trump for a majority of the primary and he was still unstoppable. Do people actually not remember this?

It's not going to be fucking Fox News that takes down Trump.

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
Not sure why people think Fox would never turn on him. It's a company, if its investors, board and owners realized they could make bank by celebrating a giraffe wearing a necktie, they'd drop Trump so quick he'd go into cardiac arrest. They prop him up to millions and they can just as easily do it to someone who isn't constantly embroiled in scandals who is good for their bottom line.

Do I think this is happening right now, or very soon - probably not. But if they get the sense their fortunes lay elsewhere, most definitely. Trump needs to start kissing their ass if he has any self preservation instincts.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Turning on Trump would be like turning on Jesus or guns. They've tried it before and the result was that their viewership turned on them because Trump's fucking God to them now. Either these assholes are going to go ride with him until the end or they're going to try their best to ignore everything going on and just become a 24/7 loop of car crash footage.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I would love to see Fox News Red Wedding the shit out of Trump, but I don't think it'll happen.

Picturing Trump's face as his precious Fox and Friends host-bots shit on him would bring me enough joy to keep me alive for a hundred years.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
If Fox News turns on him I wonder how my dad and stepmom will spin that. When almost everyone admitted bush jr was a bad president they wanted him out because he looked bad. Not cause he was bad but because his undeserved reputation was bringing the gop down.

sadly as brainwashed as they are by Fox the whole reason they are is it tells them what they want to hear (that the Republican Party is the right party and the democrats will kill our economy). If Fox stops doing that I don't see my parents turning on trump unless the gop does, I see them turning on Fox. To be fair if the GOP turns on trump I feel they'll feel safe to turn on him too. But it won't be because of Fox they turn on him. And I could see them turning against the gop too but I think they are more die hard republicans than trump supporters (though I think that's just as bad. Trump is a symptom of the GOP).

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
If Fox News finally turns on him...holy shit.

They weren't with him from the start. They had to pivot after he won. Only Hannity was a full-throated Trump supporter and he caught a lot of flack from the network over it.

The second the GOP has a plan B and rolls out their plans to Fox News, they'll drop Trump in a second.

game-biz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can no longer accurately predict what the fuck is going to happen anymore. All I can reasonably expect is more fuckery.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
When cons are left running Mike Pence for prez in 2020 I'm sure the machine will talk shit about trump
No chance he'd turn on Trump this quickly. For any chance whatsoever he'd still need the existing base, cause no one else is going to vote Pence.

He'd pull a full, "Continue to Make America Great" campaign.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure why people think Fox would never turn on him. It's a company, if its investors, board and owners realized they could make bank by celebrating a giraffe wearing a necktie, they'd drop Trump so quick he'd go into cardiac arrest. They prop him up to millions and they can just as easily do it to someone who isn't constantly embroiled in scandals who is good for their bottom line.

Do I think this is happening right now, or very soon - probably not. But if they get the sense their fortunes lay elsewhere, most definitely. Trump needs to start kissing their ass if he has any self preservation instincts.

I don't disagree with you, but I did want to say: Fox is a news outlet, it's not the GOP (technically); scandals ARE good for their bottom line.

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
This is liberal fanfiction. Fox will never fucking ever support impeachment of Trump. Trump is the strongman the GOP base wanted for years.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what's going to happen in the future but it's not like Fox News as it exists has existed since the beginning of time. I don't think they're going to be like stanning Trump in 3229.

Now I think the trouble they face is not their anchors/employees dedication to Trump personally, they don't really give a fuck in reality(except maybe Hannity)...it's that their base is so dedicated to Trump, that even the ones that watch Fox News daily or multiple times a week might choose Trump over FN if FN turns on him.

It's not like we're gonna wake up one day and they're suddenly going to be Democracy Now, but if they think the strategic play is to drop Trump at some point, they will drop him.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
"Among the powerful voices advising Lachlan that Fox should decisively break with the president is former House speaker Paul Ryan, who joined the Fox board in March. "Paul is embarrassed about Trump and now he has the power to do something about it," an executive who's spoken with Ryan told me."
Something's probably wrong when you feel like you have more power as a Fox News executive board member than as Speaker of the House.

Oct 27, 2017
Illinois
Even if and when Fox drops agent orange, we owe it as our duty as Americans to shun and mock these people until the fall back into whichever hell they emerged from

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
I legitimately don't understand why this would be that big a deal for them. Just keep lying and denying at every turn. It's not that hard. They've got a built-in audience who believes anything they say and ignores any logic thrown into the situation already.