• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
It was all downhill after this moment

Six simple words, humorously phrased and delivered with impeccable timing.

I think my favorite part of this joke is the sincerity behind it. He really is seeing double. He should probably see a doctor. Not Doctor Nick, though.

Not only that, but the appearance of a second Krusty should be genuinely illogical, but this guy (it's either Louie or Legs) accepted the premise right away. If he didn't, he would have said "I'm seeing quadruple here!" Maybe he's gone his whole life seeing two of everyone and just assumed it was normal.

As far as jokes in sitcoms, this one's never been topped and no one can prove otherwise. Please proceed to try and prove otherwise with counter examples! Or just bask in television's finest joke's warm, glowing, warming glow.

Edit: I spelled "television" wrong. Eh, leave it.

SbnaS

Sep 3, 2018
I love this episode. The scene where homer crashes his car, there's a beat, then his flies through the windshield gets me every time.

edit more jokes I love from this episode

"finders keepers"
"Oh yeah speed holes"

Rainer516

Oct 29, 2017
That's a good one, but I raise you with:

"They haven't really improved on the Oreo, have they?"

getyarn.io

They haven't really improved on the Oreo, have they?

The Office (2005) - S08E11 Trivia clip with quote They haven't really improved on the Oreo, have they? Yarn is the best search for video clips by quote. Find the exact moment in a TV show, movie, or music video you want to share. Easily move forward or backward to get to the perfect...

It's the forced and unsuccessful attempt at contemplative, but relatable conversation by a cornered man. Perfect delivery, much better in overall context.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Early Simpsons had a bunch of these fun ones.

giphy1.gif

MvH079y.gif

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
The first 10 seconds of this.

But if i had to choose, it's probably "No, Money Down" and Planet of the Apes: The Musical (maybe the strongest 2 minutes in the Simpsons ever)

I'm also quite partial to Scorpio never actually giving Homer his coat

OneTrueJack

Aug 30, 2020
Joining in on the fun, may I present the funniest scene in the Simpsons and one of the funniest 1:45 minutes in TV history.

Every line is pure gold.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Classic Simpsons was so punchy. It was the Muhammad Ali of humor, always throwing out a rope-a-dope so obvious that you walk right into the hook.

bwahhhhh

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

the rage in Apu's face upon hearing this

that's off-topic forum rage there

edit: not a joke, though. just thought of it

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
The first 10 seconds of this.

But if i had to choose, it's probably "No, Money Down" and Planet of the Apes: The Musical (maybe the strongest 2 minutes in the Simpsons ever)

I'm also quite partial to Scorpio never actually giving Homer his coat

"I hate every ape I see, from Chimpan A to Chimpan Z. No, they'll never make a monkey out of me!"

That will be stuck in my head until the day I die.