• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Ive been juicing all my meals and drinking them through a straw to avoid my hands going anywhere near my face....that KFCshake was surprisingly tasty.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
So is it ok to touch face when home? (Wirh assumption Coronavirus is not lingering in your house. I mean if it is, you are fucked regardless)
Yeah just wash your hands thoroughly after coming back home, first thing.

I hate joke threads like these. Specially now. Some of y'all need to reduce the shtick during these times.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I can't not do it. People say you're fine if you're at home but you're touching a lot of things at home, after you touch something boom gotta wash your hands again
Wash your hands thoroughly immediately when you get home, and disinfect common surfaces (faucets, doorknobs, touchpads, and anything you take with you when you leave like your phone or keys) with Lysol spray or wipes (make sure the surface is wet for 10 minutes, and allow it to air dry).

If your home is contaminated enough that the virus is lingering on other surfaces, there's not really much you can do about it. Just wash your hands as frequently as you can and try to stay safe (you can never be truly safe unless you put yourself in a bubble and never leave it, but that doesn't mean you should just give up).

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like a good time to play Edward 40 hands

edward-40-hands.jpg

Stingray?

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I rub my eyes, my nose, my mouth (especially inside my mouth), and I squeeze my nose to make myself sneeze.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I never noticed how much I touched my face till now. My allergies mean I'm always wiping my eyes or nose.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Hands on the face are fine. Just don't put your fingers in your eyes, nose, or mouth. The virus isn't being absorbed through the skin ya'll. :|

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Hands on the face are fine. Just don't put your fingers in your eyes, nose, or mouth. The virus isn't being absorbed through the skin ya'll. :|

No, hands on the face are not fine. Touching the skin on your face can transfer the virus that much closer to your eyes, nose, and mouth. It's literally how viruses spread. Stop spreading falsehoods.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
I live in a state where my eyes constantly itch and I rub my eyes a lot. It's been a real struggle.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Wash your hands thoroughly immediately when you get home, and disinfect common surfaces (faucets, doorknobs, touchpads, and anything you take with you when you leave like your phone or keys) with Lysol spray or wipes (make sure the surface is wet for 10 minutes, and allow it to air dry).
Unfortunately lysol wipes and spray are sold out near me, I have been washing door handles with soap and hot water, and countertops and stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
Cover your hands in capsaicin cream. I guarantee you'll only make the mistake of touching your eyes or nose once.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately lysol wipes and spray are sold out near me, I have been washing door handles with soap and hot water, and countertops and stuff.
Yeah, the run on hand sanitizer and disinfectant is making things more dangerous for a lot of people.

Soap and water should work (it's just more of a hassle). You may also be able to bleach some surfaces (though obviously it's highly caustic and damaging to a lot of materials).

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
It's freaking hard. I tried this out last week. I estimate that I touch my face at least 200 times while at work. I counted and I think I accidentally did it maybe 5 times....not including putting my pen in my mouth >_<

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Just don't touch your face.

Or touch the food you're eating with your bare, unwashed hands.

Or fiddle with the top of a straw in your drink. Or drink with a straw from a dispenser that doesn't have wrapped straws.

Or eat with unsterilized utensils at restaurants.

Or rub your eyes if they itch.

Or pick your nose.

Or put your fingers on your lips or anywhere near your mouth.

You'll be fine!

Last edited:

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
As others have said; at home you are fine.
My strat right now when I'm at a supermarket or something (which I try to be as little as possible) is to full on pretend it's much more deadly and instantaneous than it is. I walk around and act as if I touch anything or my face I will die right there and then. It's kinda rediculous but it works, and it's also a bit exciting, lol.
Playtime and keeps me more healthy.

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020
I don't know if guys are being obtuse on purpose? If you're out in public transit, office environment etc where you are touching surfaces that maybe infected, and subsequently touching your face where germs can penetrate through your eyes, ears, nose and mouth, not touching your face and washing your hands will reduce your risk of getting infected.
If you're just sitting home and not exposed to anyone, you can touch your face all you want.
Yeah but if you're picking up germs while your out and about you bring those back home with you... I've been doing my best to use hand sanitizer as soon as I come in contact with anything that can be contaminated, but I've also come to the conclusion that it's nearly impossible to ensure that you're not cross contaminating stuff even when you aren't touching your face. Take my wallet for example. At the grocery store you touch a bunch of potentially contaminated products, then you use your wallet and your credit card to pay for it. Then on your way back to your car you have to touch your keys to unlock the door.

There's just not a whole lot we can do other than wash our hands as much is reasonable, and particularly after you touch anything that is potentially contaminated.

Another concerning thing I learned today was that viruses are actually preserved under freezing temperatures. So any frozen foods that are contaminated will likely remain contaminated for as long as you have the product in your freezer.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017

Or fiddle with the top of a straw in your drink. Or drink with a straw from a dispenser that doesn't have wrapped straws.

Or pick your nose.

You'll be fine!

Welp, I'm fucked.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017

Or pick your nose.

You'll be fine!

Some Era members are now in shambles

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
I struggle to avoid it as well. I've been trying to improve but it happens without me realizing it.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
No, hands on the face are not fine. Touching the skin on your face can transfer the virus that much closer to your eyes, nose, and mouth. It's literally how viruses spread. Stop spreading falsehoods.
Behind a registration wall from the NY Times, but:

One of the more difficult challenges in public health has been to teach people to wash their hands frequently and to stop touching the facial mucous membranes — the eyes, nose and mouth, all entry portals for the new coronavirus and many other germs.

"The C.D.C. and W.H.O. still say something like 'avoid' touching your eyes, nose and mouth," said Dr. William P. Sawyer, a family physician in Sharonville, Ohio, and creator of HenrytheHand.com, which promotes hand and face hygiene. "The advice should be 'absolutely do not touch them!' If you never touch your facial mucous membranes, you're less likely to be sick again from any viral respiratory infection."

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it's very hard for me too, especially with tics. I just make sure to use disinfectant frequently during the day.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I do this shit all day and it feels impossible to stop
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
this is me all the time

when im watching sommit or reading sommit, my hand just naturally goes into that position

when im playing a video game, i pull the collar of my shirt up over my mouth

just feels right

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What causes the itchy nose and itchy part of the face and how could I eliminate it
Wash your face?

Give it a nice solid scrub with warm water and soap when you wake up and before you go to bed. If you been out doing stuff give it a quick wipe down.

You'll be surprised how much oil and dirt builds up on your face over the day which leads to irritation.

Last edited:

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
If itches were a power source, my face would be able to replace at least three nuclear plants.