• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Lindsey Graham is the most embarrassing member in the Senate and that's saying something. This guy has no shame.

Nov 6, 2017
So this speaks right to my second point: why does this thread exist?

What is the point of creating a thread to discuss something that isn't newsworthy, about someone nobody here likes, that is only going to attract one line insults?

There isn't anything to be said about Lindsey Graham that everyone here doesn't already know and agree with.

Yeah it seems like the political threads are generally toxic, I guess I'll avoid.

Overall, I feel like this message board does a pretty good job with its rules and regulations, which is why I thought it was at least worth flagging.

The thread exists because it is newsworthy; reason being because he, like always, has changed his position so abruptly even in the face of Trumpist insurrection. This news should be given to citizens so they know what kind of civil servant he is (or rather, how little he cares about being a civil servant).

I take offense to your concern trolling about this topic. It shows what kind of person you are.

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
I mean, 3 million dollars is...a lot still? I get what you mean, but with 3 mil you can dump a lot into key investments and live very comfortably if you budget well. I imagine even if that's his net worth he's also got lots of investments and properties he could cash in for considerable more, too.
Investments and properties are included in net worth. His house and everything else he owns is included in that $3 million, it's not just liquid cash.

And in the grand scheme, $3 million dollars is nothing. It's nothing. Sheldon Adelson, the GOP megadonor who just died, was worth $33 billion. That's eleven thousand times as much. I understand why Sheldon Adelson spent his life doing evil shit, even if I don't agree with it. He got fuckin' paid.

Lindsey Graham isn't some shmuck who got lucky on a scratch-off. He's ostensibly one of the most powerful people on Earth. And the sum total of wealth he's accumulated after a lifetime of toadying and evil is 1/10th of what that kid who reviews toys on YouTube makes in a year.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
He is and always has been a pathetic, sniveling, spineless little coward who will do just about anything or glom onto anyone for power. There's really not much else to say here.

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised he's wearing a mask in the pic from the OP. Probably to hide his shame.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
guys please be nice to mr trumps lap dog

really upsetting to see so many hurtful things being cast at an instrument of a failed dictator

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017

tenor.gif

Typical spinelessness from Fluffer Graham.

I love his bit about "no witness testimony", like that shit hasn't been on the internet for about a week now.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017

" Supporting the impeachment of President Trump...could invite further violence at a time the President is calling for calm."

seems like negotiating with terrorists is the way to go?

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't a personal attack on anyone:

Can we try to raise the level of discourse beyond drive-by insults? It's disheartening to come into a thread to find a page full of insults. What is the purpose of having a discussion thread if there isn't any actual discussion? For that reason, I wonder if there's any reason to create threads around these basically non-news items that only serve to attract vitriol. It's not doing anyone any good to stew in negativity.

lead by example

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
"Rushed process that, over time, will become a threat to future presidents"

Yes, a threat to future presidents to not incite a violent mob on the nation's congress, that's the point.

Captain_Vyse

Jun 24, 2020
Everyone I know hates the guy...literally everyone (even the Republicans).

I don't know how he keeps winning the state 🤷‍♂️ .

Too many that still just vote R across the board no matter what I guess.
Because he has an R next to his name. In those blood red states, that's all that matters. Doug Jones barely won in 2018 in Alabama against an actual pedophile, and the Republicans still overwhelmingly supported the pedophile. Of course, another R is in the seat now, after the 2020 election.

Nox

Dec 23, 2017
Its a three way race between him, Giuliani, and Cruz to see who can publicly debase themselves more to please Trump

astro

Oct 25, 2017
So this speaks right to my second point: why does this thread exist?

What is the point of creating a thread to discuss something that isn't newsworthy, about someone nobody here likes, that is only going to attract one line insults?

There isn't anything to be said about Lindsey Graham that everyone here doesn't already know and agree with.
So now you've moved on from concern trolling to thread whining?

You can put threads on ignore very easily if you don't think they have any value to you.

This is a difficult time for many people, a little catharsis every now and then isn't going to harm anything.

Yeah it seems like the political threads are generally toxic, I guess I'll avoid.

Overall, I feel like this message board does a pretty good job with its rules and regulations, which is why I thought it was at least worth flagging.
Thread whining is against those rules and regulations.

And, again, plenty of quality discourse happens here. This is the internet, you're not going to be able to avoid low effort posts entirely. It's on you to navigate around them and engage with the ones you find meaningful.

This goes for threads too, which again you can easily ignore.

And, honestly, you should be able to understand why a thread like this for a little catharsis has some value. Not EVERY conversation needs to be the highest quality discourse, sometimes we all need to vent a bit too.

And, ultimately, this news is important to share.... and there's really not much to say about it directly. It's good to know Graham hasn't stood by his statements, expected from him but still good information to have. So the thread itself existing, even if it doesn't generate "meaningful dialogue", is a good thing.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Back in college, a teacher had the perfect term for a classmate who was only glued to people with better grades than him: remora. Graham is a damn remora. That said, Trump is just a big fish wannabe, which is even more shameful for remora Graham.

m0dus

Truant Pixel
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'm starting to think that Lindsey Graham is also on the Pee Pee Tape.

KillingJoke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even since the airport video with MAGA going after him, i knew he was going to jump on Trumps dick right away. Scared little bitch.