• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do u

• Yea I click ignore thread and ignore user

Votes: 64 15.0%
  • Nope just ignore thread

Votes: 157 36.7%
  • My life is unorganized and I never use the ignore thread feature

Votes: 207 48.4%

• Total voters

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
I don't ignore users or threads. I get annoyed by some people or exhausted by regurgitated topics or new posts for everytime a YouTuber makes a new video but that's life. Sometimes you will encounter annoying people. Ignoring it is one thing but pretending it doesn't exist is creating a private delusion in my mind.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
So you want to look at a blank page?
Not necessarily a blank page, but you see threads that would normally be on page 2 (because who actually goes past page 1? I don't) and i guess i just curate this side of the site to see the threads i want to see.
I mean i do the same with gaming side, more so with console warrior bait threads.

Eh...I don't think that's polite to say, I don't wish the person any ill will

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Admittedly I've only done it once because I noticed every NFL OT was made by the same person and since one is made every week I didn't have the energy to continue ignoring them.
That's what this is for.

www.resetera.com

By popular demand...the return of Hide Forum Threads!

Ever get tired of all those uninteresting threads clogging up your Resetera screen? I certainly do, and I always wished there was a way to get rid of the threads I don't care about and only see the ones that are new or interest me. So I wrote a script to do it. To hide a thread, look for the...

JackSwift

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No need to set to ignore. I just don't enter threads I don't want to like a normal person. Sometimes I'll lurk into a thread and not comment if I have nothing to say though.

OP
OP
Ryaaan14

Ryaaan14

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
That's what this is for.

www.resetera.com

By popular demand...the return of Hide Forum Threads!

Ever get tired of all those uninteresting threads clogging up your Resetera screen? I certainly do, and I always wished there was a way to get rid of the threads I don't care about and only see the ones that are new or interest me. So I wrote a script to do it. To hide a thread, look for the...

I only use mobile 😢 I would LOVE to use that feature

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I ignore threads when I see a topic dominating for a really long time. Currently it's pretty much every SW thread. I understand it's hot right now but I find the discussions about SW very circular and repetitive. I'd rather filter them out so I can see other topics that might be getting pushed out. I never ignore the user who makes the thread.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, too many Star Wars threads.
Started doing it with the serial Star Wars thread posters

So much this.

I started by just ignoring the threads. But then it started to get ridiculous with all kinds of threads for every stupid star war related thought that would enter the minds of some posters. At that point, I started to ignore users.

If you have a SW avatar and made a SW thread, pretty much on my ignore list.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
I never thought I'd use such a feature, always thought people would be civil enough in here despite differences of opinion. I mean, if this was an option back at GAF, I was completely unaware of it and would never think to use it.

However, after being insulted in a thread once where I'd barely begun to say anything (for daring to point out that not everyone who had a differing opinion was an asshole - even though I ultimately agreed with them, I didn't really get the chance to say so) and seeing the mods do nothing about it, I thought the best thing for everyone involved was to use that feature. Haven't used it since, and I hope I never have to again, but I am glad it exists, as awful as it is.

I didn't even know about the ignore thread option, that might be handy for clearing the first page of those threads where I have nothing to contribute but they always seem to linger.

OP
OP
Ryaaan14

Ryaaan14

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
I never thought I'd use such a feature, always thought people would be civil enough in here despite differences of opinion. I mean, if this was an option back at GAF, I was completely unaware of it and would never think to use it.

However, after being insulted in a thread once where I'd barely begun to say anything (for daring to point out that not everyone who had a differing opinion was an asshole - even though I ultimately agreed with them, I didn't really get the chance to say so) and seeing the mods do nothing about it, I thought the best thing for everyone involved was to use that feature. Haven't used it since, and I hope I never have to again, but I am glad it exists, as awful as it is.

I didn't even know about the ignore thread option, that might be handy for clearing the first page of those threads where I have nothing to contribute but they always seem to linger.

Damn I regret hearing about u getting insulted like that. And yea it's super handy for cleaning the page up!

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I barely care about the first page of the forum. I auto-sub with no notifications to any thread I post in and so my subscription page is my main page for here. I then check Latest Threads every once and a while to check what's new.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Crazy that so many people still aren't using the ignore thread feature. There are SO MANY threads that are popular enough to constantly be on the main page, but I have zero interest in, so they'd just be taking up space. Do you people literally go in every single thread?

Oct 27, 2017
Crazy that so many people still aren't using the ignore thread feature. There are SO MANY threads that are popular enough to constantly be on the main page, but I have zero interest in, so they'd just be taking up space. Do you people literally go in every single thread?

No, our eyes just skim past the ones of no interest.

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I do what I posted right above your post. Looking at the forum thread list is a waste of time.

Oct 27, 2017
I find it much easier to simply ignore the poster rather than step into every thread I've no interest in. The same individuals typically cover the same topics so it's far more convenient.

That being said, if the directory had an ignore function I'd forgoe muting posters in favour of it.

ChronoMonarch

Apr 22, 2019
Everywhere At All Times
I rather see people and the forums for who they really are and what the forums really is. When I've seen enough of the negatives of a person, I will ignore/block them. Though if it's really bad, I will outright ignore/block immediately. Now in this particular forums scale, I will do all of those AND report them too.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mods have been clamping down on my black ass for the longest so I just started pressing ignore on anyone that seriously thinks third-way politics are viable in 2019.

pants

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ignoring individual users seems intellectually dishonest.

There are some dumb/toxic commenters out there, but I believe its up to the mods and the community to make them do better and not just smashing that ignore button anytime someone says something I disagree with. Shrug.

I should definitely get used to ignoring threads I know I wont read though

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I only ignore one person and that's because they post a lot in UK politics threads and it's the same shit every single time. I don't dislike them particularly but the constant one-note posting just got too much.

I do purge threads on certain subjects I'll not interested in every so often though.

CarpeDeezNutz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Its funny I accidentally put someone on ignore and didn't know it, until they posted again and it bothered me so much I unignored them.

There are some dumb/toxic commenters out there, but I believe its up to the mods and the community to make them do better and not just smashing that ignore button anytime someone says something I disagree with. Shrug.

Yeah , this.

tsampikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't ignore users or threads. I get annoyed by some people or exhausted by regurgitated topics or new posts for everytime a YouTuber makes a new video but that's life. Sometimes you will encounter annoying people. Ignoring it is one thing but pretending it doesn't exist is creating a private delusion in my mind.
You're creating a private delusion anyway if this is what you think

Some people just want to clear out threads they have no interest reading

This is a videogame forum

If this forum acts as an aggregate of information then you ignore certain people to increase the signal to noise ratio

Its self aggrandizing and defeating to pretend that you should keep yourself open to habitual low content posters... especially the ones the mods allow the continue their themed shitposting

Last edited:

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I've never ignored a poster nor a thread.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The front page is nearly all new threads every few hours anyway. I just don't see the point of actively ignoring threads. My eyes just glaze over shit i don't care about.

Dhoom

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I ignore posts and people all the time. Lots of terrible takes and fanboyism on this forum; gets tiring reading the same schlock all day.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I don't ignore threads, but I have ignored users. Doing so has given me a better experience here so far.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
I have the extension or whatever that adds the X on the thread list, so I just hit that (a lot).

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't ignore anyone, but I wonder what it's like to see an ignored persons post in a thread or if the ignored person is quoted, how that works?

(I know that sentence ^ was shit but I'm tired fam)

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I don't ignore anyone, but I wonder what it's like to see an ignored persons post in a thread or if the ignored person is quoted, how that works?

(I know that sentence ^ was shit but I'm tired fam)
Look at the bottom right. Ignore feature is life :)

26ea13d1cbffe86d912c0214f006632c.png