• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was super excited to hear that the next game from Kotaro Uchikoshi (Zero Escape) was basically shadow dropping on Apple Arcade today. I don't have a subscription to Apple Arcade, but was going to sub just for this game. However, thanks to Noisy Pixel, I'm not so sure:

This is basically just a paid 10-hour demo for the Switch version? Not thrilled about that.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
..so you can't even get the "complete" version on Apple Arcade, you're forced to finish it on Switch?

Sounds ridiculous.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This is basically just a paid 10-hour demo for the Switch version? Not thrilled about that.

I mean if you have Apple Arcade (which is required to play it), you're not paying for the game specifically.

I would imagine they'd update the Apple version with the ending when the Switch version launches in the spring though.

OP
OP
Iori Fuyusaka

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
..so you can't even get the "complete" version on Apple Arcade, you're forced to finish it on Switch?

Sounds ridiculous.
Any speculation about the game being updated after the Switch version comes out is just that, speculation.

He's being very cagey about that on Twitter.

This all he's said on the matter:

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
What is going on with this game? The apple release was already a surprise. Did they need an injection of cash and had to get it out ASAP?

OtakuCoder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
UK
This sounds similar to that previous Shantae game. They updated that when the other versions come out.

Brouzouffe

Dec 23, 2018
It's just the first part, and ends maybe on a big teaser for the second part. You can play it now.

There is nothing wrong in what they are doing, and the second part will be released also on Apple Arcade as an update.

If they were able to bring the game to life thanks to Apple Arcade, then we can wait a little more for the second part.

They just haven't finished the game yet, and cutting the game in two might just be a condtion for Apple to keep subscribers, but we'll get the game on switch once it's done, that's all.

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Par for the course with Apple Arcade releases - they clearly have release dates set in stone by Apple. Quite a few have been unfinished, and release on other platforms when actually done, with the Apple Arcade version being updated.

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
I was super excited to hear that the next game from Kotaro Uchikoshi (Zero Escape) was basically shadow dropping on Apple Arcade today. I don't have a subscription to Apple Arcade, but was going to sub just for this game. However, thanks to Noisy Pixel, I'm not so sure:

A 10 hour game is not a demo just because it ends on a cliffhanger. It's the first part. Geez some people really like to overreact on this forum. Not everything is a slight against gamers.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
I was a bit annoyed about having to wait until Spring, but I guess now I don't really care so much. Day 1 on the Switch, it is, as it always was I guess.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I assume it's probably a differen artist, but wow, even if it's an Uchikoshi game, the artstyle is so horrible I might not bother. Should've kept the 999/VLR artstyle.

OP
OP
Iori Fuyusaka

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A 10 hour game is not a demo just because it ends on a cliffhanger. It's the first part. Geez some people really like to overreact on this forum. Not everything is a slight against gamers.
It's not a "slight against gamers."

It's a disappointment, because these are some of my favorite games. I'm not sure if I want to double-dip for half the game. I was planning to double-dip if this was the full version, however. I'm trying to decide if I want to just wait for the full release, now.
I assume it's probably a differen artist, but wow, even if it's an Uchikoshi game, the artstyle is so horrible I might not bother. Should've kept the 999/VLR artstyle.
It's the Pokemon artist, I believe.

Bricky

Oct 26, 2017
For what it's worth there was an impromptu livestream by the devs earlier today to celebrate the release of the game. It was an hour long and entirely in Japanese, but perhaps some of the confusion was addressed there.

Axisofweevils

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, everything about the way this game was marketed seems odd. We had a twitter account constantly dropping lore a year ago only to go radio silent a month ago, the sudden name change....

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
I like how there wasn't a single word on this until after it had already launched, utter BS

I don't see the point in finishing it now cos I'll need to wait 6 months for a complete edition anyway or I'll not see the ending at all if theApple version isn't updated