• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Well, that's a harsh blow. Man's a voice acting juggernaut.

Dear Rob Paulsen, don't disappoint me now.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
There will be horrible humans who post on Era. Maybe not now but when they're older. Or maybe now. By which I mean - humans have been doing hideous things to other humans and animals since there have been humans. Which is to say I'm unsurprised when someone appears to be a piece of shit. It's expected and never ending.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Piglett sounded atrocious with his new voice, God help us as we adjust to a new, non rapey douchebag pooh

Oct 26, 2017
416x416.jpg
God DAMN!

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
No idea. But they honestly should be. She filed at least one police report previously according to the article. And apparently dated an off duty cop who had who had to draw their weapon. The rape (unwanted sexual contact) regarding the bedroom incident and unwanted sexual humiliation would be difficult to prove though.
Jesus, hope she gets some justice. Hopefully this blowing up lights a fire under the cops.

JMTHEFOX

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Oh God, not Him Cummings too. That is really fucked up since he outright admitted it.

Now it's even harder for me to watch any Winnie the Pooh material.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Cummings is THAT GUY when it comes to voice acting. Unbelievably prolific.

This thread certainly took me aback.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
He added that his ex-wife, "who is much taller than I am, and a large woman, made no objection to anything."

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

Of all the inappropriate comments he allegedly made to the former couple's daughters, Stephanie claims Jim commented that he was allowed to "touch Mommy's breasts since he had paid for them." Stephanie broke down in tears on the stand while recalling some of the comments made to her by Cummings.

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

In documents, Jim addressed the situation, writing in an email to Stephanie, "Shame on you, you're [sic] distortions are obscene. 'forcing'? Please, everyone, Gracie myself and especially YOU were all giggling and laughing, it was pleasant to have one moment of light-heartedness. We both erupted into laughter…I'm hardly the first person in the world to point out one 'catches more flys [sic] with honey than vinegar' for you to overlay a reference to being a whore is little too telling, Let's get this over with for the love of God."

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

Guy was already ruined for me when I found he was a die-hard Trumper and Hillary-for-Prison aficionado. But I'll still wait for more details from other sources on this story.

fuck

Brutal beyond belief. Winnie the Pooh and Tigger are both treasures to me and that's not even getting into his massive library of work.

Wanted to purchase Christopher Robin so I could watch it with my Mom, but I think I'll hold off on that for now.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why?

If someone behind a character from my childhood turned out to be a disgusting person then it would only ruined them for me. All I would think of is the person behind the character.
It just seems quite dramatic, especially in light of the fact that the victim's kids childhood's were actually ruined.
You wouldn't feel terrible if you found out you've been funding a rapist your entire life on the sheer fact that an animated character looked cute?
No, I wouldn't. I wouldn't characterize watching Dark Wing Duck and other movies as a kid as funding a rapist. If this guy was a broke nobody he would still be raping and attempting to control his partner. Me watching TV 20yrs ago doesn't have anything to do with his crime.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, another one? Fuck man.
Yo he fucking admitted to the animal abuse:

Also this is fucking revolting. (And it sounds like she has court docs of him responding and of specific incidents.) If she has proof he's done like holy fuck.
oh my god

now im reading these other quotes holy shit wtf is up with this guy

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Jesus fuck. Hope everything turns out as okay as possible for her and her children. Boys about to get the boot from Disney. Nothing really lost either, there are plenty out there with literal perfect impressions of these characters.

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, hope she gets some justice. Hopefully this blowing up lights a fire under the cops.
Yeah me too assuming this article is accurate in regards to the police reports filed and stuff. Small correction on my part, she filed a restraining order after the first incident apparently. The alleged rape was the police report. Here's the direct quote:
She says after the kiss, Jim asked if she could "see him leaking, because that's what I make him do when he touches me." Stephanie says she felt "humiliated and degraded" in front of their child, and allegedly reported the incident to the L.A. County Sheriff, who advised her to get a domestic violence restraining order.
And:
Stephanie also claims that she was raped by Jim in 2013, and allegedly filed a police report over the incident but did not give more detail. In open court testimony, Stephanie describes how she entered rehab after the rape for "co-dependency" and Jim showed up to the facility unannounced and was asked to leave.

Hitting the dog, going a too far with PDA, and name calling does not mean he raped, assaulted, or sexually assaulted anyone. A lot of that isn't even confirmed either.

I made the mistake of writing off Johnny Depp because he slammed a cupboard door and yelled at his ex on camera. Because it didn't 'look good for him', he was guilty of all this other stuff in my mind.
First of all, hitting a puppy to the point where they break a hip bone and leaving said puppy out in a container 'unfortunately forgot about' (in his own words in an email, self admitted evidence in regards to the second incident is not a good look) is not even remotely comparable to slamming the cupboard and yelling at his ex, are you kidding me?

Second, no idea what the PDA part is supposed to mean but as with the above quotes to the other poster the police report as well as the two DV restraining orders would be easy enough to confirm. As well as the incidents regarding him showing up to the rehab center, the off duty cop, and any vet bills which could be corroborated for a much stronger case. A good lawyer would contact those facilities and people for documentation. And journalists could easily confirm if those reports/incidents are true or not.

But also for the bare minimum of confirmation of something possibly here:
According to records, the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services has investigated the case and have been in contact with the couple
'In contact' sounds current and ongoing to me but that's just my interpretation.

I also feel like you're ignoring the fact that she already won the divorce case (apparently) since she gets child support payments from him. The unwanted sexual contact happened post-divorce. She wants 100 percent custody and possibly no contact with the children. It feels a bit disingenuous to use the Johnny Depp case to me since the circumstances here are you know... Kinda different?

I'm not saying The Blast can be wrong or that divorce proceedings are "he said, she said" but the fact that two of those incidents are uncontested by Cummings (though claiming exaggerated circumstances or 'the dog turned out alright') doesn't look good. As well as the fact that child services had to come into this and already has a case. Plus she won the divorce before and receives child support.

Who knows though? I'm just saying this looks way more legit to me. Either way we'll probably get more information later like you said so whatever. Hopefully a major news site will investigate the claims and confirm some stuff.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
jim cummings? darkwing? this better not be true this guy is my childhood hero and i'm still watching the cartoon from time to time

would make me incredibly sad

tormented

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I was just alerted to his Twitter feed and it's...something. Even without these allegations, it would've changed my view of him for the worse. In between screaming at people like Chelsea Handler and AOC, he's dropping typo-riddled hornfests at Twitch streamers. If anyone wants to deeply pain their soul, check it out: https://twitter.com/Jimcummingsacme

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
This is incredibly upsetting. I could probably name over 100 characters he has voiced that I seriously love. So much of his work has been inspirational to me too...

I feel so bad for his family. Even if a lot of this ends up being faked he sounds like an absolute bastard.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
God fucking dammit!

I express hating the sentiment finding out that this celebrity you looked up to for years turned out to be a piece of shit!

Darkwing Duck, Pooh and SatAM Robotnik. The list goes on. I'll never hear those voices the same way again!

Disney should seriously do an investigation there!

Edit: And he's right wing too?! WTF?!

Last edited:

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
Guy was already ruined for me when I found he was a die-hard Trumper and Hillary-for-Prison aficionado. But I'll still wait for more details from other sources on this story.

This. I was following him on Twitter because I'm the biggest Darkwing Duck fan around, but I couldn't stand his Tweets and retweets. Just incredibly stupid stuff.

I was actually disappointed when he got to voice Darkwing Duck again in the DuckTales reboot. This just makes it even worse.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, today was already a bad enough day. I did not need to learn Jim Cummings was a Trump-loving rapist.

Damn it, damn it, damn it.