• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Not giving racists the benefit of the doubt just saying this toxicviolentl bloviations on this thread are just as disturbing to me speaking as an immigrant and a person of color.

Why? People are venting their frustrations. Of course actually taking on vigilantism is absolutely wrong but how are you equating messages on a message board against a hateful racist vs the racist actually assaulting minorities. This ain't a both sides situation.

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
Listen guys, you just can't call anyone a Karen all willy-nilly.
If they are over 40, it's a Susan.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
Not making excuses for her racism, but she seems mentally ill. You just get that weird "not quite right" feeling from her inability to hold a coherent thought and general rambling like a street person.
I'm not sure why people are even responding to her.
In a way you are making excuses.

Allegedly she physically assaulted someone, too, according to the Instagram video.

She was making fun of the guy's accent.

I don't think she has an impediment herself. Even if she did have a mental disability, she shouldn't be out there walking and being racist.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
Why? People are venting their frustrations. Of course actually taking on vigilantism is absolutely wrong but how are you equating messages on a message board against a hateful racist vs the racist actually assaulting minorities. This ain't a both sides situation.

Talking about beating a person to death or wanting to hunt someone down (despite then walking it back) aint fucking venting. Its fucked. Sorry. It jusy is. Nor is it helpful.

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I certainly agree with the sentiment of "fuck her" but the imagery you painted of "beating one to death" is really fucked up and reeks of some weird kind of overcompensation. Not helpful to the fight at all.

What "fight" ? It's clear she is has been getting away with this shit for a long time, this is one of those situations where someone needs to knock this fucker out because clearly she isn't going to learn on her own. My original post also said 'desire' instead of me going ahead and doing it and not because I give a shit about this racist ass person, but because I don't want to go to jail over this fuckface.

In hindsight this does seem all a little hyperbolic and masochistic but imagine being a minority and out with your family and someone comes up to you and says all this shits and acts this way, and there is no comeuppance. It makes me extremely fucking angry but again, not a violent a person so not sure how I would react in an actual situation.

I wish her nothing but the worst things in life.

Edit: The person we are arguing against is the same kind of person who would argue against punching nazis, just saying.

99nikniht

Oct 28, 2017
You need to breathe and compose yourself. This kind of talk is disturbing. The woman is disturbed and clearly needa help but your language is way excessive.
Post a picture of your medical liscense or certs and Ill take this seriously.

The burden of proof is on the person who makes the claim. So, you post a picture of your license as a doctor of psychiatry since you're the one here performing armchair psychological assessments.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
In a way you are making excuses.

Allegedly she physically assaulted someone, too, according to the Instagram video.

She was making fun of the guy's accent.

I don't think she has an impediment herself. Even if she did have a mental disability, she shouldn't be out there walking and being racist.

She definitely needs to be 5150d. I agree the pattern of behavior is gross.

Coolverine

May 7, 2018
Talking about beating a person to death or wanting to hunt someone down (despite then walking it back) aint fucking venting. Its fucked. Sorry. It jusy is. Nor is it helpful.

I didn't walk shit back, you chose to take some message board words too literally. I don't believe the guy who said he'd beat her to death would do it over her words. But she has shown she can get physical and I won't blame anyone for defending themselves.

Oct 25, 2017
Her age and gender are only going to serve as armor for so long. She keeps this up, someone just gully enough is going to cross paths with her and not give a fuck about putting her on her ass.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
What "fight" ? It's clear she is has been getting away with this shit for a long time, this is one of those situations where someone needs to knock this fucker out because clearly she isn't going to learn on her own. My original post also said 'desire' instead of me going ahead and doing it and not because I give a shit about this racist ass person, but because I don't want to go to jail over this fuckface.

In hindsight this does seem all a little hyperbolic and masochistic but imagine being a minority and out with your family and someone comes up to you and says all this shits and acts this way, and there is no comeuppance. It makes me extremely fucking angry but again, not a violent a person so not sure how I would react in an actual situation.

I wish her nothing but the worst things in life.

I am a fucking minority and i have experienced this exact same thing. Both here on the west coast and the east coast where i grew up. Im angry. Im So freaking angry and i am not judging you for being moved like that just suggested to breathe and find some center before murder gets into the equation.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
mxryLgS.jpg

TheGrayFox

Banned
Jun 3, 2020
User banned (permanent): Excusing racism and also perpetuating ableist stereotypes, account in junior phase
You did give her the benefit of the doubt?

This is you defending a racist.

this is really silly

its not defending a racist to point out that this lady seems genuinely mentally ill and should probably get some help and I'm a dude who would literally have no problem whatsoever if somebody she harassed punched her right in the mouth...

Oct 25, 2017
this is really silly

its not defending a racist to point out that this lady seems genuinely mentally ill and should probably get some help and I'm a dude who would literally have no problem whatsoever if somebody she harassed punched her right in the mouth...

What percentage of racists do you think need psychiatric care based on your casual observations of their language and behaviors over the past two weeks?

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am a fucking minority and i have experienced this exact same thing. Both here on the west coast and the east coast where i grew up. Im angry. Im So freaking angry and i am not judging you for being moved like that just suggested to breathe and find some center before murder gets into the equation.

Fair enough dude. I am sorry that happened to you.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Her age and gender are only going to serve as armor for so long. She keeps this up, someone just gully enough is going to cross paths with her and not give a fuck about putting her on her ass.
She's so old one good punch could probably kill her tbh.

TBH I don't think physical retaliation is justified unless they put their hands on you first... in which case you better have a camera rolling to show you're not the aggressor.

Hopefully she doesn't elevate her racism to physical attacks. Her wrists would probably snap in single twist.

Oct 25, 2017
She's so old one good punch could probably kill her tbh.

TBH I don't think physical retaliation is justified unless they put their hands on you first... in which case you better have a camera rolling to show you're not the aggressor.

Hopefully she doesn't elevate her racism to physical attacks. Her wrists would probably snap in single twist.
You didn't read the whole thread, I take it. She's already physically attacked at least one person.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
I'm typically not the sort of person to root for people like this to have their lives completely ruined, but Christ almighty the moment she said "You're going to get fucked to death." I saw red. Really hoping this lady gets what's coming to her and then some.
She's evil. It's so intentional and continuous without regret. It's just awful. Not that someone who "slips" is a good person, but this is peak racist.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
You didn't read the whole thread, I take it. She's already physically attacked at least one person.

I've been following this thing, actually, before it landed on Reset.

Her attacking someone else doesn't change what I said. The person she attacked didn't physically retaliate, and in the other and more recent instances, the white woman didn't get physical.

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Mental illness defense never sits right with me
  1. The sense of security and dignity of minorities should not be valued above white fragility. Even if it's a mental illness, you can't use it to hand wave blatant racism.
  2. The mental illness defense offense seems to imply to minority that these incidents are so ridiculous, that they are either very rare or must have happened only because the person is deranged when it's a regular and shared experience between minorities.
  3. I suppose at some point one can argue that all deplorable views are sort of a mental illness. The fuckface in the white house is that way because he has some wires crossed. Yada yada yada. It makes no difference to be if the person is being racist intentionally or unintentionally.
Thank for coming to my TedTalk.

Oct 25, 2017
I've been following this thing, actually, before it landed on Reset.

Her attacking someone else doesn't change what I said. The person she attacked didn't physically retaliate, and in the other and more recent instances, the white woman didn't get physical.

For the record, it is 100% morally OK to beat a racist's ass until racism is punishable by law, whether they get physical first or not.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
My only objection was
The Mental illness defense never sits right with me
  1. The sense of security and dignity of minorities should not be valued above white fragility. Even if it's a mental illness, you can't use it to hand wave blatant racism.
  2. The mental illness defense offense seems to imply to minority that these incidents are so ridiculous, that they are either very rare or must have happened only because the person is deranged when it's a regular and shared experience between minorities.
  3. I suppose at some point one can argue that all deplorable views are sort of a mental illness. The fuckface in the white house is that way because he has some wires crossed. Yada yada yada. It makes no difference to be if the person is being racist intentionally or unintentionally.
Thank for coming to my TedTalk.

I think she needs to be taken off the streets and be medically assesed. That is the only thing i can say based on the evidence available to us. My original objection was to you and a few others' fairly violent/murderous verbal reactions which we sort of worked out as being possibly Hyperbolic.

Satori

Nov 13, 2017

I am a minority as well and been through worse. Try living in a small town in Texas where we were the only Asian family and getting in fights everyday. Having our property vandalized and have the police blame you for starting shit. Had some really bullshit, shitty things happen.

So if being a minority some how validates how one should feel or react. Then excuse me when I say. Fuck her. Stop making excuses or looking for reasons as to why someone is being a fucking racist for fuck sakes.

If people want to say they want to see her beaten, no need to invalidate them. Let them vent their frustrations and air their anger.

TheGrayFox

Banned
Jun 3, 2020
Who the hell is hand waving away racism?

the one dude said that she should be taken off the streets and institutionalized and I said she should be punched in the mouth...Nobody here is defending this lady, even if they point out the fact that they think she might be on drugs or mentally ill.

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My only objection was

I think she needs to be taken off the streets and be medically assesed. That is the only thing i can say based on the evidence available to us. My original objection was to you and a few others' fairly violent/murderous verbal reactions which we sort of worked out as being possibly Hyperbolic.

I don't think we still agree, even if you take out violence. You seem convinced she has mental issues, I am not. We have multiple videos of her being racist and yet doing normal things and even driving a car. I am not buying mental illness from the evidence we have seen so far but you are free to do so I guess.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Who the hell is hand waving away racism?

the one dude said that she should be taken off the streets and institutionalized and I said she should be punched in the mouth...Nobody here is defending this lady, even if they point out the fact that they think she might be on drugs or mentally ill.

Saying someone is mentally ill takes away the agency of their actions. Which allows people like this to continue to exist as they are. Basically saying she just can't help it. It's an argument that comes up a lot when people watch racist tirades. They just can't accept people can be this hateful.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
She reminds me of that lady outside CVS - tons of proud, racist courage - but when the local news catches up with her I bet you'll hear a different (totally disingenuous) tone. Fucking racist loser piece of shit.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
You can be mentally ill and not racist
You can be racist and not mentally ill
You can be mentally ill and racist

Look at the videos and choose one

Thank you.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Um... What in the world? This is Maybe one of the more bizarre posts Ive read on Era all day. And that is saying something.
Are you white? Because some of us "minorities" don't take shit just to look civil. Racists have been getting away with shit for far too long and they continue doing it over and over, can you guess why? Because no one ever does anything about it. A little ass kicking would make them think twice about being a racist piece of shit.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
I don't think we still agree, even if you take out violence. You seem convinced she has mental issues, I am not. We have multiple videos of her being racist and yet doing normal things and even driving a car. I am not buying mental illness from the evidence we have seen so far but you are free to do so I guess.

Saying someone should be assessed isn't me being convinced she is mentally ill. It is saying she should be fucking assessed and removed from public venues like these where she is causing nothing but chaos and harm. Again you have no moral or ethical high ground as you literally just described a "desire to beat someone to death with my hands."

Lordy.

Satori

Nov 13, 2017
She was mentally ill enough to drive a car and target so far only Asians. I would love to see a POC pull that shit. O wait my bad that's a death sentence, mental illness or not....

TheGrayFox

Banned
Jun 3, 2020
Saying someone is mentally ill takes away the agency of their actions. Which allows people like this to continue to exist as they are. Essentially saying she just can't help it. It's an argument that comes up a lot when people watch racist tirades. They just can't accept people can be this hateful.

Disagree

I'd be like pointing out that some asshole who started a fight at a family restaurant may have been black out drunk. It's not defense of their behavior but rather an observation about scenario unfolding.

Do you think being mentally ill means you can't do normal things or drive a car? You should look up personality disorders

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
Are you white? Because some of us "minorities" don't take shit just to look civil. Racists have been getting away with shit for far too long and they continue doing it over and over, can you guess why?

No. I'm brown, an immigrant, and queer and grew up in the bastion of love and acceptance that is conservative Pennsylvania (sarcasm about PA obviously).

TheGrayFox

Banned
Jun 3, 2020
No. I'm brown, an immigrant, and queer and grew up in the bastion of love and acceptance that is conservative Pennsylvania (sarcasm about PA obviously).

You really shouldn't expect every other minority to be as accepting of hate speech and racism being directed at them as you apparently are. If start calling me a racial slur, I'm going to punch you in the mouth unless you're a child. End of story.