• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry Meghan, you don't get the luxury of a phone call just to make sure you are going to be "ok" with the story getting published simply by virtue of your dad being included in the story. You knew Trump hated your dad, he has said it multiple times, so the story shouldn't have come as a shock to you. Journalists aren't making sure every family of those children killed during Sandy Hook are "ok" when they published a story about Alex Jones or anyone else who says it was a false flag attack and those kids aren't really dead.

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
lol why would they give a heads up to someone who would almost certainly give that info to her Federalist spouse in advance, giving him a chance to beat them to publication with his own spin on the story on his glorified blog?

This is my take. There was nothing new about her father in this piece and dollars to donuts her husband would have some made sure this got back to Bunker Baby before it dropped.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Not sure if I care about the plea of "courtesy" for someone to reach out and warn her.

But at least she's talking about the story and bringing attention to it again. If it sways one person in their audience to not vote for Trump, then cool.

Nola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah I'll probably lean this way.
That's absurd and likely just her grotesque way of channeling her narcissism and entitlement. News pretty much affects someone every time it is published, wonder how often she decried Fox News for not giving a personal trigger warning before sending out a hit piece on someone's mom or dad?

Before she went on one of her accusatory rants?

Sep 14, 2019
Not sure if I care about the plea of "courtesy" for someone to reach out and warn her.

But at least she's talking about the story and bringing attention to it again. If it sways one person in their audience to not vote for Trump, then cool.

Unfortunately, Meghan is a "one step forward, ten steps back" kind of person.

Even if she herself doesn't vote for Trump, she'll still keep spreading misinformation to save the GOP. She's a horrible person.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get it, a heads up regarding what? We already know Trump doesn't like her dad and he has been public about his dislike.

Right the comments regarding McCain aren't even new. They just fold into this overall issue that Trump has with anybody who pledges to something other than Trump. Trump dislikes soldiers and veterans because their pledge is to the constitution, and Trump doesn't understand that because it doesn't fit into his zero sum view of the world. Self-sacrifice for a higher good makes absolutely zero sense to him to the point that it makes him suspicious of anybody who follows that as an ideal.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I mean, that does suck that she and her mother had to relive the similar attacks that Trump made about John McCain a few years ago, but this story isn't about her.

At least she believes The Atlantic story to be true.

And she's said that she will be voting for Biden too a few months ago, so that's really good.

But yeah, Meghan McCain always finds a way to make a story about her. No matter what.

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
It's incredible how entitled this talentless nobody who only got a voice because of nepotism can be.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
She needed a "heads up" for something she's known for years?
I think it's more that she wanted to be prepared for this all to be brought up all over again. She's a Republican who is struggling with the fact that the leader of her party and thus a large part of the party she belongs to absolutely hates her dad.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i imagine she wanted to be quoted for the article itself

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
She couldn't even get through that response without bringing up Dems.

Nah. She would have helped shield criticism by proactively attacking everyone but the man who continues to disrespect her father. Pathetic.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I have never heard of journalistic outlets giving a heads up to the family members of their peripheral subjects. Like, if I did something newsworthy and Trump mocked black people for it, and the media reported on his mockery, I wouldn't think they owe my family shit?

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Meghan McCain is such a fucking shithead. I swear the View only has her as one of the hosts because she gives people someone to hate and hate watch for.

Nola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think it's more that she wanted to be prepared for this all to be brought up all over again. She's a Republican who is struggling with the fact that the leader of her party and thus a large part of the party she belongs to absolutely hates her dad.
Honestly, her husband balances helping spread healthcare and global warming propaganda at the Heartland Institute and shoveling pro-Trump, misogynistic, anti-BLM propaganda at The Federalist. He's is a grifter of the same ilk as Trump in the snake oil department, he just sells a different brand. One that is less successful.

And I don't necessarily disagree that is what she is struggling with. Because she is ultimately a piece of shit that couldn't care less about all the people she and her husband have hurt with her nonsense, but a line is crossed when she isn't given a trigger warning courtesy call so she can at least make some of this about her.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
News is news I guess and they would have published it regardless of whether they told her about it beforehand. What does the heads up accomplish other than still bringing up sad memories just earlier? So then that way she can put her head in the sand and not read the article or something?

Her dad also died over 2 years ago. I'd kind of understand where's she coming from if he died like this year but you can't really play the grief card publicly like this for 2 years.

This would be like if my dad was a public figure and then me complaining to my boss about how the news keeps bringing him up.

The reaction would be, like well, sorry I guess? Not sure what I have to do with that but we have a bereavement policy, wait, wasn't that 2 years ago...

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
Is that confirmed or an assumption? If it's the former I can understand her request
It's an assumption. Many forms of media produce hours of content every day with incredibly tight deadlines. Getting a 30 second to one minute ad after a work day isn't really anything extraordinary. Especially when it's all archival footage and a voiceover. Like your local news with 5 people working any shift get out two hours an evening plus night, noon and morning.

i dont know much about journalism but my initial reaction is who gives a shit if you wanted a heads up

This is basically it. Like even if you're a source in the story people rarely, I've never seen it when I was in the industry at all, tell you much once they're done interviewing you. If you're the child of a public figure and aren't involved it's a big "so what". No one is calling the Kennedys or MLK's family anytime they're brought up in a story.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
It's always about her.

Yep. But hey, it's a sign of the times. I actually checked the views youtube to see how she was going to spin this into Democrats and antifa plus the looters.

Now we are seeing his base even being divided with this line. This is a first actually.

Because trump can never be wrong. This will be around for a while.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Do you know who Meghan McCain's father is by chance?

She feels that this story involving her father and Trump was tipped off to various people ahead of time but she's upset that they didn't call her as well.
Of course I do. But you posted an article and provided no opinion of your own. I don't think this is particularly upsetting in either direction and had no idea how you as the OP felt about it. Hence, what's the news?

Sep 14, 2019
I mean, that does suck that she and her mother had to relive the similar attacks that Trump made about John McCain a few years ago, but this story isn't about her.

At least she believes The Atlantic story to be true.

And she's said that she will be voting for Biden too a few months ago, so that's really good.

But yeah, Meghan McCain always finds a way to make a story about her. No matter what.

She did?

I remember she said a month or two ago that she wasn't voting for the jackass, but said she wasn't sure if she would vote for Biden.

She even yelled at Joy Behar when she asked Meghan who she was voting for.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
She still supported Trump after what he said about his father. She might have changed his mind about him now, but her past actions show that it didn't bother her that much.

She just wants to make the story about her.

Mr. President

Oct 27, 2017
Every outlet should let Meghan McCain know before making a move of any kind.
Legislators and businesses too. Don't they know who her father was?

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Of course I do. But you posted an article and provided no opinion of your own. I don't think this is particularly upsetting in either direction and had no idea how you as the OP felt about it. Hence, what's the news?

Meghan McCain is a narcissist and has made a giant story all about her. How do you feel about that? You didn't let me know your opinion on your post.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Did I miss something in the Atlantic story? Was there specific stuff about McCain in there? I thought it was general statements about service members and previous statements about McCain were used to back it up.

any excuse to bring her pop up and sprinkle a couple of tears on TV

Every time she talks I hear Draco Malfoy sneering "WAIT UNTIL MY FATHER HEARS ABOUT THIS!"

aliengmr

Oct 26, 2017
I think McCain is the embodiment of "die a hero or live long enough to be the villain". I suspect 2020 McCain would sound a whole lot like Graham at this point, but we'll never know.

But there's plenty of fathers out there having things said about them posthumously whose offspring aren't afforded a little "heads up", so whatever🤷‍♂️

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
She did?

I remember she said a month or two ago that she wasn't voting for the jackass, but said she wasn't sure if she would vote for Biden.

She didn't say it on The View for some reason, but she did say it on Watch What Happens with Andy Cohen:

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
She did?

Meghan McCain's the kind of person who'd loudly announce she's voting for Biden then come election day vote for Trump while still telling everyone that she voted for Biden. Then when someone finds and calls her out she'd make a circus about her voter privacy being violated or whatever.

Just notstop bullshit parading from an uncaring narcissist.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
A heads-up of what? That the world is still turning?

She'd have just told her husband that the story was coming anyway, and he'd have started fighting it sooner than he already did.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
Did I miss something in the Atlantic story? Was there specific stuff about McCain in there? I thought it was general statements about service members and previous statements about McCain were used to back it up.

Every time she talks I hear Draco Malfoy sneering "WAIT UNTIL MY FATHER HEARS ABOUT THIS!"

Yeah, there was a lot of stuff we've heard before like Trump getting mad about flags at half-mast in honor of McCain, nothing really new.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I think McCain is the embodiment of "die a hero or live long enough to be the villain". I suspect 2020 McCain would sound a whole lot like Graham at this point, but we'll never know.

But there's plenty of fathers out there having things said about them posthumously whose offspring aren't afforded a little "heads up", so whatever🤷‍♂️
McCain was never a hero.