• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Not much details.
The Back to the Future actor is on the call sheet for The Mandalorian, the Disney+ Star Wars show that is currently filming its third season in Southern California.

Character details for his role are being kept locked in the trunk of a DeLorean, but it has been described as guest-starring in nature. Lucasfilm could not be reached for comment.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘Star Wars’: Christopher Lloyd Joins ‘The Mandalorian’ Season 3 (Exclusive)

Where he's going, the actor won't need roads — but a hyperdrive might help.

deadline.com

‘The Mandalorian’ Season 3 Adds Christopher Lloyd

'The Mandalorian' Season 3 Adds Christopher Lloyd

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Will he play an asshole or an eccentric helpful figure? I want to see a return of Judge Doom! Well you know, except a Star Wars character

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Lol holy shit what?! Excited to see what his role is--even if it'll be a quick cameo.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I know, just felt like those were more fan service than official confirmation :p

It was confirmed in December.

Also, not to swerve here but two full episodes telling essential continuation of a story are not "fan service." Originally the plan is said to have been to do the Fett show, Ahsoka's show, and Mando S3 simultaneously and interleave them as they "aired" on D+. So one week there'd be a Fett ep, next week we'd get a Mando ep, next week an Ahsoka, and so on, sort of like reading a comic book crossover between different ongoing series. That seems to have proven too ambitious, especially given COVID, so instead they went more traditional, but clearly felt the need to tell Din's story up to the point of his involvement in the Fett storyline. It's probably also why Ahsoka was there, because in the original plan that could have then dovetailed into her first episode the following week. I'm guessing things will be less blurry moving forward with those shows.

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Time travel is involved and Christopher Lloyd helps Mando finds a way to erase the sequels from history and a new trilogy is announced at the end of the season.

This is the way.

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017

Also, not to swerve here but two full episodes telling essential continuation of a story are not "fan service." Originally the plan is said to have been to do the Fett show, Ahsoka's show, and Mando S3 simultaneously and interleave them as they "aired" on D+. So one week there'd be a Fett ep, next week we'd get a Mando ep, next week an Ahsoka, and so on, sort of like reading a comic book crossover between different ongoing series. That seems to have proven too ambitious, especially given COVID, so instead they went more traditional, but clearly felt the need to tell Din's story up to the point of his involvement in the Fett storyline. It's probably also why Ahsoka was there, because in the original plan that could have then dovetailed into her first episode the following week. I'm guessing things will be less blurry moving forward with those shows.
Hmm didn't know this, thought they always wanted the shows spaced out.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
It was right there in front of us the whole time!

u6SaD1l.png

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
As another quirky, squirrelly mechanic?

Please make him a villain, I'd love to see him be evil.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Come on Joruus C'Baoth!!!

Bad Batch already started hinting we might actually get him!

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
CL needs to come back and do more Kingdom Hearts whiles he at it. He was a great VA for Xehanort.

TheWraith

Oct 28, 2017

Good god, Fett was a trainwreck but it seems we avoided true disaster. A crossover would take the wind out any series.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

I don't know where you heard this plan but I'm pretty sure it's not true. Nothing like that has ever been brought up by insiders or in the SW Leaks sub (and everything gets there).