• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017

EaXoksZUEAAJI1G

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
I was not shocked until the last « joke ». The former ones look like they are making fun of racists but the last one is just insulting Asian people.
A cancellation for Megan!

Taka

Apr 27, 2018
This actually casts the character of Jason Mendoza / "Jianyu" in a different and unpleasant light.

He's actually what she legit thinks of Asians. Wow.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I blocked her on Twitter a long time ago. Never understood why she had so many followers. All she ever did was say hateful stuff and complain about whatever unlucky man happened to be in her life.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can a person truly change after being this level of offensively stupid? I don't think so.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Saying offensive things in the past is one thing but I can't understand how people can throw out stuff like this without thinking to themselves how terrible the things are. How can you not think twice, or thrice before hitting " send tweet"

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Usually I would be like "These tweets are from 7+ years ago, who gives a fuck, people change in that time" but also holy shit those are real bad.
While we have no way of knowing how much she contributed to Jason's character, that certainly throws him into a worrying new light.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's one in the middle that seems to be hating on the type of white people who get Chinese tramp stamps, but some of the others don't even seem to have a joke beyond "can't tell Asians apart" and "Asians exist." Awful.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
IIRC that last tweet was referencing something in the news. Not saying it's not bad but I believe she was making fun of a bad story.

also she was called out for these tweets like a year ago by a BUNCH of people and she just nuked them and didn't say a word

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is not the first time a "funny twitter person" got exposed for using the site in the early '10s to workshop the most shitty and offensive jokes you would find on a hack comedian's standup routine.

I really don't understand why this keeps happening. Who are these people and how are they getting to work on TV?

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Christ, this makes Jason's character just infinitely more disgusting. What the fuck is wrong with her.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
Wow that is disturbingly vile, I was expecting something far more tame.

Amazing that public people don't think of deleting these kinda tweets. More amazing that they even post them in the first place.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
On one side I feel it's good to see people owning up to this kind of stuff and admitting their stupidity and how they're attempting to be a better person than they were. If her words are to be taken as truth then she has made a concerted effort to improve herself since these tweets.

On the other side though this isn't the time for apologies, this should have happened a long time ago when she was first called out. Doing it during it doing the current BLM protests is a bit "Hey look, I'm one of the good white people" and is probably counter-productive for the push towards ending systemic racism as it pushes a 'white person says something racist but isn't really one' narrative which just isn't needed, especially in the curernt climate.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
She blocked twitter users in the past who previously called her out on said derogatory postings.

She can fuck off as far as I'm concerned.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Typical shitty edgy jokes that were flourishing ten years ago. Nowadays they're 4chan fodder.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
There are offensive tweets on the past and there are...this. Those are really hard to look at yeah.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
This is not the first time a "funny twitter person" got exposed for using the site in the early '10s to workshop the most shitty and offensive jokes you would find on a hack comedian's standup routine.

I really don't understand why this keeps happening. Who are these people and how are they getting to work on TV?
Because Hollywood is racist as fuck, and any corporate-driven progressivism or push for equality is often profit-motivated rather than egalitarian. People like this get as far as they do because their peers don't care.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
is this the show with Ted 'wear Blackface while dating a black woman' Danson?

Dormammu

Banned
May 20, 2020
For those looking to drop her, here are the shows she has written for and/or produced.

A.N.T. Farm
Parks and Recreation
Kroll Show
Transparent
Childrens Hospital
Silicon Valley
The Good Place
An Emmy for Megan
The Simpsons

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I wouldn't be classify this stuff as edgy. Edgy is when someone says something pearl clutching that really, everyone is thinking.

This is just deplorable, hateful shit.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
If we can take that profile picture off Twitter then it will be a just cause. Have seen way too much of that account over the years.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
This actually casts the character of Jason Mendoza / "Jianyu" in a different and unpleasant light.

But she's the producer, not a writer or director.

I'm not expecting everyone to, but I think there's enough distance between her and the rest of the show to drag it down with her nonsense.

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
I mean... you're honestly gonna find edgy shit like that in tons of comedians' histories. That style of comedy was popular in certain irony-heavy internet audiences and at the time it was generally assumed by those people that it wasn't serious. The fact that what they were saying was terrible was the point of the joke. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's any better, but there is context to it that I think people miss.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can't even separate art from artist here. One of the main characters in the show is a "retarded" Asian.

aj5i0ei50n321.jpg

A show like this is written by a multitude of people. It's highly unlikely that she, individually, came up with this entire character and even wrote half of his dialogue.

Doesn't excuse how fucked up that tweet is. At least she's trying to apologize.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Wow, what the fuck.
I don't understand what makes you want to advertise something so vile about your beliefs on social networks.

Taka

Apr 27, 2018
A show like this is written by a multitude of people. It's highly unlikely that she, individually, came up with this entire character and even wrote half of his dialogue.

Doesn't excuse how fucked up that tweet is. At least she's trying to apologize.
She wouldn't have to write the dialogue herself to set the tone for the character.

I'm sorry but in light of this I can't see it as a coincidence that of all the characters in this show, the Asian was selected to be the bumbling idiot.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
the weird thing is i instantly recognize this image.
5edc2555b469b484f2c5ad65d9d77a70.jpg

why? i do not follow this person in any way, but somehow it was everywhere.
was she a much followed blogger or something as well?

DenverCo

Feb 21, 2019
Denver
Holy fucking shit! I didn't think it would be that bad. How and why do people write these things on the internet as an adult? I understand if you were to dig up a forum post of me being a stupid kid and said things were "gay" as in dumb. But I grew up and learned.

It is crazy to me that people who could be so smart, lack common sense. I am for sure not the smartest person but shit I know if something might be bad to say I ask before I do and I learn from my naivety.

Oct 29, 2017
the weird thing is i instantly recognize this image.
5edc2555b469b484f2c5ad65d9d77a70.jpg

why? i do not follow this person in any way, but somehow it was everywhere.
was she a much followed blogger or something as well?
I do not follow her as well, but yes, the image is familiar to me too. I believe she may have been part of the early 2010's "weird twitter" surge, and had a lot of tweets go viral during that time

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What I don't even understand is that they're not even attempts at jokes. "I'd like to go back in time and kill all gypsies" or "retarded=asian"... they're not structured as jokes. They are just opinions. That's what that person thought at the time.
And pu-lease stop with the "I've grown since, I'm not the same person I was, it was a lifetime ago". It was 7 years ago. You were already an adult with a career. And if you blocked people calling you on this, you already knew they were bad, you just didn't care because the balance of power was in your favour at the time. You're just scared now because the scales are ever so slightly moving away from your position of power, just a tiny little bit.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
She wouldn't have to write the dialogue herself to set the tone for the character.

I'm sorry but in light of this I can't see it as a coincidence that of all the characters in this show, the Asian was selected to be the bumbling idiot.
Amram was a low level producer when the show started, basically a staff writer with a producer credit, she didn't create the show or the characters and she didn't set the tone, she wasn't that important.

It most likely is a coincidence that Jason was the idiot especially because having the asian character be the braindead dudebro was going against stereotype, they did that to subvert expectations.

Deleted member 46489

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
She's been blocking people as recently as six months ago for bringing her old racist tweets to her attention. She hasn't changed at all.