• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I think the ultimate goal must be to have new Star Wars content every week on average. If we're getting 8 episodes of Boba Fett plus Obi-Wan, Andor, Mando S3 and Bad Batch S2 in 2022, that adds up to 49 weeks of Star Wars in 2022 if the episode counts are correct from wikipedia.
Bet they are announcing Visions season 2 for 2022 this november at D+ day.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
Finale is apparently on Feb 16th so it's 8 episodes
Where's this from?

With Boba being released a week after Hawkeye ends, this could mean Ms. Marvel on February 23. Unless them going straight from Hawkeye to Boba is a coincidence and they don't have a problem letting them overlap.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
So much for spending Xmas with this. I was expecting Mando release schedule pre Holidays
But this will do
I really hope we get Mando and Andor next year.

Assuming the Obi-Wan show is 2023

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Neat; so glad to see Temuera Morrison back. Jango was one of my favorite prequel characters in large part due to him.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
Would be cool to see Omega in this. Especially if we get Boba in Bad Batch, so we can see their early, childhood relationship and as adults in Book of Boba.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
Don't forget Rangers Of The New Republic.

The teaser at the end of Mando already had Fett on Jabba's throne. Guessing the show is about how he got there?
I'm thinking its more about various crime syndicates and bounty hunters hearing about Boba moving into Jabba's turf and now they want a piece of the action. Basically Home Alone in Jabba's Palace.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
So it's just Ashoka, Acoylte and Andor?
Book of Boba Fett (2022/ 2023)
A Droid Story (2022)
Obi Wan (2022)
Andor (2022)
Bad Batch (2022)
Mandalorian season 3 (2022/2023)
Ahsoka(2023)
Acolyte (2023)
Star Wars Rogue Squadron (2023)

(Lando and Rangers are in limbo)

+ more to be announced this november probably.

Shit's crazy.

Last edited:

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Book of Boba Fett (2022/ 2023)
A Droid Story (2022)
Obi Wan (2022)
Andor (2022)
Bad Batch (2022)
Mandalorian season 3 (2022/2023)
Ahsoka(2023)
Acolyte (2023)
Star Wars Rogue Squadron (2023)

+ more to be announced this november probably.

Shit's crazy.
God I forgot Bad Batch S2 and Droid Story, yeah I wouldn't be shocked if Rangers was secretly the Boba Fett show but Mando S2 wasn't finished yet.

I assume an Old Republic show is likely for Disney+ Day

a916

Oct 25, 2017
SH Figurearts got you covered. Pre-orders already went up.
news.toyark.com

S.H. Figuarts STAR WARS Mandalorian Din Djarin and Boba Fett Mandalorian Version

S.H.Figuarts has just released information of two new Star Wars figures. The fist one is The Mandalorian that includes a Din Djarin unmasked alt head and "The Child" Grogu. The second is The Mandalorian version Boba Fett with missile launch effects, and arm hologram effects. Both have excellent...

S.H. Figuarts only really does one run right? I was late to their party with their DBZ stuff and it's really expensive on Ebay and Amazon now.

Oct 25, 2017
Seems dumb for such a big gap between their live action series.
I know Covid played a part but S2 was mostly finished filming by December 2019.
Mandalorian fans wait nearly a year between seasons and on S3 they decide to do a side thing said audience might not care about instead pushing the incredibly popular show even further back.

Book of Boba Fett should have been a summer event and Mando S3 be December again.

StreetsAhead

Sep 16, 2020
Seems dumb for such a big gap between their live action series.
I know Covid played a part but S2 was mostly finished filming by December 2019.
Mandalorian fans wait nearly a year between seasons and on S3 they decide to do a side thing said audience might not care about instead pushing the incredibly popular show even further back.

Book of Boba Fett should have been a summer event and Mando S3 be December again.

The time off won't make any difference. If anything, Season 3 will be even more hyped up now.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I'm kinda bummed that it's pretty much a 2022 release.
Then again there's so much to watch between now and then.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
They could do more and more without him, if they wanted, given that we rarely see his face.
Weeeelll I feel like part of his character growth last season was to get his character more comfortable with taking his helmet off in front of people, so if anything I think we'd see his face more now. That's not to say they couldn't have plenty of reasons to have him wear a helmet MOST of the time, but I'd be surprised if we don't see Pedro's face more next season than we usually do.

Night

Late to the party
Nov 1, 2017
Clearwater, FL
Boba Fett is my all-time favorite character next to Han Solo. My favorite EU short story is The Last One Standing, where Boba Fett and Han Solo are much much older and have a final standoff. I'm super excited to see old man Boba doing some bad-ass shit. I wouldn't even be sad if they re-cast an old Han to recreate this scene.

Boba Fett: "Everything dies."
Han Solo: "Yeah. Eventually. But it doesn't have to be today, not for either of us."
Boba Fett: "I do not know. Trust is hard, among enemies. Perhaps we should return to the battle; perhaps, Han Solo, we should let fly, and once more let fate decide who will survive, as we did when we were young.""

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Boba Fett was a chump who died like a chump and the Star Wars universe was better with him not magically surviving.

Night

Late to the party
Nov 1, 2017
Clearwater, FL
Boba Fett was a chump who died like a chump and the Star Wars universe was better with him not magically surviving.

HugeYellowishGoat-max-1mb.gif

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017

So was Darth Maul, but his survival and where they've taken the character since then has become popular and well regarded among fans. So I'm willing to see what Filoni can come up with before jumping to any conclusion if it was worthy of bringing him back or not.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Man our family will never have to run out of stuff to watch. Currently watching What If and Visions. Can't wait for more live stuff from Marvel and Lucasfilm!

odiin

Oct 27, 2017
I pretty much lost all interest when I found out this was going to be a book and not a TV show.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Lando isn't happening any time soon either:

deadline.com

‘Dear White People’ Creator Justin Simien Inks Overall Deal With Paramount Television Studios

Dear White People creator Justin Simien is getting into business with Paramount Television Studios.
I don't think this really affects Lando. It's not like he can only exclusively create shows for Paramount now.

I do agree that Lando won't be anytime soon but that's probably more to do with Glover's schedule than anything else.