• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Not when we saw them, no. But assuming the Kaminoans didn't completely fuck it up, they should be susceptible to Order 66. And given how strong they are, they could be like the Knights of Ren done properly.

Given that the show's description describes them as mercenaries trying to find their purpose in a post-war world, I don't think turning them into "the Knights of Ren done properly" is the intention at all.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
Not when we saw them, no. But assuming the Kaminoans didn't completely fuck it up, they should be susceptible to Order 66. And given how strong they are, they could be like the Knights of Ren done properly.
Disney aren't going to base a show on that. The most you'll get is they'll remain mercenaries but they're never going to be the actual bad guys.

Last edited:

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I know. Realistically, they will probably be bad guys for like half an episode and/or some flashbacks before they defy orders and desert. Then they will join the rebels because of course they will.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
Sweet, lots of loose threads this show can address:
-They can fit in that Kashyyk arc they were gonna do
-See how Gregor and Wolffe meet up with Rex
-FINALLY see what happened to Cody
-Maybe Inquisitors?
-Transition to the Empire and how that works, maybe more Yularen and Tarkin?

I love the Clones, I'll glad take all i can get

Wyvers

Banned
May 5, 2020
This will be great.

Seeing the Republic transition into the early Empire. Seeing what happened to the Clones and why Rex went back to work for the Empire (he alludes to it in Rebels). How they dealt with the aftermath of Order 66.

Develop the Batch Batch more, make them the Spartan IIs of the Star Wars universe.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Order 66 might not have triggered in them correctly with them being a......"bad batch". Or they didn't have the chip to begin to begin with cause the Bad Batch would be subject to more medical scrutiny and Kamino didn't want to risk the chip being discovered. Or they discovered the chip themselves early on cause they're mega badasses like that.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Order 66 might not have triggered in them correctly with them being a......"bad batch". Or they didn't have the chip to begin to begin with cause the Bad Batch would be subject to more medical scrutiny and Kamino didn't want to risk the chip being discovered. Or they discovered the chip themselves early on cause they're mega badasses like that.
Or they had it but weren't around any Jedi when the order happened.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Or they had it but weren't around any Jedi when the order happened.
I'd like to think ol Sheev would have accounted for that and wouldn't want Clones wandering around going rogue just cause there aren't any jedi to kill.

We saw with Rex that Order 66 made them aware of Sidious, there's more to it than just making them want to kill jedi.

Or maybe Sheev overlooked it cause he was too obsessed with thinking up more superweapons.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Sweet, lots of loose threads this show can address:
-They can fit in that Kashyyk arc they were gonna do
-See how Gregor and Wolffe meet up with Rex
-FINALLY see what happened to Cody
-Maybe Inquisitors?
-Transition to the Empire and how that works, maybe more Yularen and Tarkin?

I love the Clones, I'll glad take all i can get
Apparently Filoni had more to address with Bariss Offee, which honestly she probably became an Inquisitor, so we might get that. I'd really like more Ventress, too. So if we can get to see more Ventress in this universe that'd be cool. Always felt she got the short end of the stick storyline wise. Way she got shown out the door, just left in an alleyway after an interrogation with her lightsabers having been stolen by Bariss.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently Filoni had more to address with Bariss Offee, which honestly she probably became an Inquisitor, so we might get that. I'd really like more Ventress, too. So if we can get to see more Ventress in this universe that'd be cool. Always felt she got the short end of the stick storyline wise. Way she got shown out the door, just left in an alleyway after an interrogation with her lightsabers having been stolen by Bariss.

Ventress's story was already reached its end in the Dark Disciple novel, I'm afraid.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
My theory?

This all culminates in a Clone rebellion with the Bad Batch leading the charge.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
This is how I feel. I mean, it sounds okay... but more animated shows focused on clones? Meh indeed. Try something new, mix it up a little. This is why people get frustrated with Star Wars.

People love the clones, and want to find out what happened to them on a more personal level after the war.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
I don't. Enough of the Clones and enough of this era.

Well, too bad for you I guess.

I loved stereotypical IM HUGE SMASH GUY HAHAHA. And the snarky smart guy, on and that slick killer sniper guy. Such unique new characters.

You should know by now after TCW and Rebels that the characterizations of the mains don't stay the same from beginning to end. They develop and grow, and I think the same will apply to these guys now that they're the main characters of their own show.

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
I'll watch it but I wish they would venture out of this Era with their animated series. Would like to see them start using that High Republic concept outside of books.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
I'll watch it but I wish they would venture out of this Era with their animated series. Would like to see them start using that High Republic concept outside of books.

I would not expect to see any other medium explore the High Republic anytime soon, as they're introducing that era so the books have their own sandbox to play in with a lot more freedom to do whatever they want.

Deleted member 60295

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 28, 2019
They're basically a TF2 team.

That's a good thing, BTW. Because the TF2 team started out as fairly stock stereotypes themselves (with a couple exceptions), but after a decade of comics, animated shorts, and even blog posts, they're collectively some of the most compelling characters in any video game to date. I doubt the Bad Batch series will be around for half as long, but I'm sure the people producing it can flesh the leads out within the amount of episodes given to them.

MagnusGman

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dallas
I didn't really like the bad batch all that much for the episodes they were in. Definitely don't like them enough to watch a show based entirely around them.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I don't really care about the Bad Batch characters as well but i'm more than willing to give them a chance to develop them and tell some good stories with them. I think the team has earned it after Ahsoka, though I still don't give a shit about Ezra.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
My theory?

This all culminates in a Clone rebellion with the Bad Batch leading the charge.
I wouldn't be surprised. Pretty sure Constantine and Kallus mention how Wolffe was one of the compliant clones or something to that effect in Rebels. When he set off the signal. He was extremely paranoid about being seen as a collaborator, which definitely means a battle happened between the clones and the Empire at some point.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
I wouldn't be surprised. Pretty sure Constantine and Kallus mention how Wolffe was one of the compliant clones or something to that effect in Rebels. When he set off the signal. He was extremely paranoid about being seen as a collaborator, which definitely means a battle happened between the clones and the Empire at some point.
That's a good point.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
Enough with the clones
992.jpg