• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Again, they seem to be focused on pleasing ONE SPECIFIC SUBGROUP of fans. Not everyone who likes Star Wars likes Clone Wars.

There are MULTIPLE Clone Wars-adjacent projects in the works right now. Meanwhile, there is nothing, at all, in the works for anyone who doesn't care about that era or those characters.
Uh what? We got S2 of The Mandalorian, multiple OT and ST comic storylines, and an entirely new era in development.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Big if true. Rebels´ 2: Electric Boogaloo is like 2 years away. Ok.

This is basically a remake of the Dark Times comic. A lot of it was done before and during the first half of Clone Wars CG. Still a great run:
starwars.fandom.com

Star Wars: Dark Times

Star Wars: Dark Times was a comic series published by Dark Horse Comics. The first issue was scheduled for release in October 2006. Similar to Star Wars: Rebellion, it is a continuation of an older series, Star Wars: Republic, and continued the numbering of Republic on the inside. It also has...
De-Legendize and remake Disney. Some of the peak SW comics are in this time period. And solves the canon of Quinlan Vos. This half state of probably alive is... argh.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot about the new cast additions to Mando since it hasn't officially been announced yet.

Even if it wasn't rumored I feel like the Dark Saber at the ending of Season 1 was a pretty heavy hint of things to come.

And if there was any doubts that Ahsoka was showing up in Mandalorian, these leakers fully suggest that she is and that the sequel series to Rebels might be announced shortly after that episode airs.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Even if it wasn't rumored I feel like the Dark Saber at the ending of Season 1 was a pretty heavy hint of things to come.

And if there was any doubts that Ahsoka was showing up in Mandalorian, these leakers fully suggest that she is and that the sequel series to Rebels might be announced shortly after that episode airs.
I wasn't refuting the casting and all that I was saying that I literally forgot about that news.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I'm more excited from the leaked details to see Ahsoka, Rex, Cody, and the trauma of Order 66 on the clones than anything about the bad batch. Should have just called the show The Dark Times or something.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Again, they seem to be focused on pleasing ONE SPECIFIC SUBGROUP of fans. Not everyone who likes Star Wars likes Clone Wars.

There are MULTIPLE Clone Wars-adjacent projects in the works right now. Meanwhile, there is nothing, at all, in the works for anyone who doesn't care about that era or those characters.
AgonizingGoodCornsnake-size_restricted.gif

High Republic for novels and whatever else, Kenobi and Cassian for live action, and whatever's coming next in the films most likely has nothing to do with the Clone Wars. And we just got Fallen Order and the first season of The Mandalorian which was its own thing.

With the broader popularity of The Mandalorian with baby Yoda, I would think that they'll understand Season 2 needs to be watchable and understandable for people who haven't watched TCW.

Honestly man it seems like you have pretty specific interests, not going to try arguing with your taste but I usually see you complaining in PlayStation threads about how there's been nothing interesting lately and nothing interesting coming soon when we have The Last Of Us II, Ghost of Tsushima, and Spider-Man Miles Morales all in the same year with Horizon 2 on the way.

Last edited:

Deleted member 60295

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 28, 2019
This was leaked a month ago and their finished arc stood out in S7 as it wasn´t needed in the same way the Maul one was (turned into a comic years ago).
I know that the batch was supposed to show up one more time in the canned scripts so I hope that as much of those ideas as possible can make it into this show. Like the end of the Boba arc for example. That material can fit here. Also. The biggy:

A four-episode arc[29] written by Matt Michnovetz[30] with production codes 6.17[31]–6.20[32] starred Yoda and the Bad Batch on Kashyyyk. At the "Untold Clone Wars" panel at Celebration Anaheim, Dave Filoni talked about the plot of the arc. He revealed the characters would ride on giant ape lizards that were holy to the Wookiees. In one scene, Tarfful would ask the tree spirits for permission to go into battle against the enemy, which was a number of Trandoshans[24]—including one named Babwa Venomor[33]—and the Separatist Alliance. To get the enemy out of some of their cities, they would have to burn some of the trees. The clones had no problem with it, but it was upsetting to the Wookiees. A part of the arc would be about the clones and the Wookiees finding a common ground to fight the Separatists. Some of Yoda's troopers would have his head silhouette on their helmets, and Echo would now be part of the Bad Batch squad. A story-reel clip was shown at the panel, which showed the Bad Batch and other Wookiees battling a new beast that was based on Kinraths from the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic game.[24] Only parts of the four episodes of the arc were made into animatics before the series' cancellation.[34] Dave Filoni revealed at Celebration Europe II that Yoda would be in the arc to give credit to the line "Good relations with the Wookiees I have" from Revenge of the Sith.[35] Matt Michnovetz revealed that Chewbacca would have played a huge role,[36] and that the arc would have contained some references to The Star Wars Holiday Special.[37]
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/The_Clone_Wars_Legacy

Sounds hype to me. Rebels 2, I am waiting for you. You also sounded real.
ecv45hm5rmv01.jpg

For the love of god, yes, please. I wanna see these peeps onscreen again, if only for a brief moment:

latest

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
While this thread is popular I just want to give a shout out to concept artist Molly Denmark. Siege of Mandalore had some great visuals and it seems that a lot of the iconic shots can be attributed to her. As far as I'm aware she wasn't involved in earlier seasons. Hopefully she's involved in future projects like this one.

old-friends-not-forgotten-concept-gallery-15_7d7a4797.jpeg

the-phantom-apprentice-concept-art-gallery-09-1_31f32b69.jpeg

the-phantom-apprentice-concept-art-gallery-12_46836aa9.jpeg

shattered-concept-art-gallery-11_25c6f7ac.jpeg

victory-and-death-episode-gallery-04_8ddd106b.jpeg

victory-and-death-episode-gallery-05_75fe810d.jpeg

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
While this thread is popular I just want to give a shout out to concept artist Molly Denmark. Siege of Mandalore had some great visuals and it seems that a lot of the iconic shots can be attributed to her. As far as I'm aware she wasn't involved in earlier seasons. Hopefully she's involved in future projects like this one.

old-friends-not-forgotten-concept-gallery-15_7d7a4797.jpeg

the-phantom-apprentice-concept-art-gallery-09-1_31f32b69.jpeg

the-phantom-apprentice-concept-art-gallery-12_46836aa9.jpeg

shattered-concept-art-gallery-11_25c6f7ac.jpeg

victory-and-death-episode-gallery-04_8ddd106b.jpeg

victory-and-death-episode-gallery-05_75fe810d.jpeg

It's very nice to see how close the final product looks to these conceptualizations. Also, I'm kind of hoping that The Bad Batch utilizes the same art style as season 7. I mean,
they could probably reuse those Imperial Stormtrooper and probe assets, right? Because they looked glorious compared to their Rebels counterparts.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
It's very nice to see how close the final product looks to these conceptualizations. Also, I'm kind of hoping that The Bad Batch utilizes the same art style as season 7. I mean,
they could probably reuse those Imperial Stormtrooper and probe assets, right? Because they looked glorious compared to their Rebels counterparts.
They looked so good. I get complaints about the art style but it's really gotten so much since the early days with the original Dooku and the Grievous with a tiny head. Season 7 looked amazing.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
What I'm hoping for is a lot of stuff from the point of view of the Clones in the Empire, gimme some Imperial politics.

you'll probably have Vader show up cause they can't resist it, show him from the POV of the 501st and go into their feelings of how everything went down.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Like others said I hope the art style is different. I wasn't a huge fan of the clone wars so I just hope people enjoy it

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
That logo at first glance reads "BAD BITCH" to me! Meh clones. Im not a fan of the clones. I hate them and their spread throughout all of the modern extended universe stuff. A throwaway line of sorts in A New Hope.. damn. (Yeah I hate all the cartoon stuff and I wish we'd get stuff that's entirely new and different.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Damn, people dropping Clone Wars after 10 minutes of watching it because they don't like the art direction lol.

Well, you are missing out on much improved animation as the series goes on, especially by the last season, and fantastic story lines and character development.
I watched 3 and a half seasons and could count on my hands the episodes I'd actually recommend to people. I should probably finish it at one point but apparently season 3 and season 4 were some of the peaks of the show and I just... was not a fan at all.

Also couldn't give a shit about clones. They're clones. I constantly got them confused since they all had the same voice and face and I didn't find any of their storylines actually interesting.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
1st reply nails it. So glad others agree. It's brutal.
This was always my main sticking point for getting into it, but I just bit the bullet this summer and started watching...I'm nearing the end of S2 and by now I've just gotten used to how it looks, doesn't bother me at all now. Even if it does still look very, uh, lo-fi at times.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I watched 3 and a half seasons and could count on my hands the episodes I'd actually recommend to people. I should probably finish it at one point but apparently season 3 and season 4 were some of the peaks of the show and I just... was not a fan at all.

Also couldn't give a shit about clones. They're clones. I constantly got them confused since they all had the same voice and face and I didn't find any of their storylines actually interesting.
I recommend trying this episode guide:

3.18. The Citadel
3.19. Counterattack
3.20. Citadel Rescue

3.21. Padawan Lost
3.22. Wookiee Hunt

4.07. Darkness on Umbara
4.08. The General
4.09. Plan of Dissent
4.10. Carnage of Krell

4.11. Kidnapped
4.12. Slaves of the Republic
4.13. Escape from Kadavo

4.14. A Friend in Need

4.15. Deception
4.16. Friends and Enemies
4.17. The Box
4.18. Crisis on Naboo

4.19. Massacre
4.21. Brothers
4.22. Revenge

5.02. A War on Two Fronts
5.03. Front Runners
5.04. The Soft War
5.05. Tipping Points

5.01. Revival
5.14. Eminence
5.15. Shades of Reason
5.16. The Lawless

5.17. Sabotage
5.18. The Jedi Who Knew Too Much
5.19. To Catch a Jedi
5.20. The Wrong Jedi

6.05. An Old Friend
6.06. The Rise of Clovis
6.07. Crisis at the Heart

6.01. The Unknown
6.02. Conspiracy
6.03. Fugitive
6.04. Orders

6.10. The Lost Ones
6.11. Voics
6.12. Destiny
6.13. Sacrifice

7.01. The Bad Batch
7.02. A Distant Echo
7.03. On the Wings of Keeradaks
7.04. Unfinished Business

7.09. Old Friends Not Forgotten
7.10. Phantom Apprentice
7.11. Shattered
7.12. Victory and Death

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I recommend trying this episode guide:

3.18. The Citadel
3.19. Counterattack
3.20. Citadel Rescue

3.21. Padawan Lost
3.22. Wookiee Hunt

4.07. Darkness on Umbara
4.08. The General
4.09. Plan of Dissent
4.10. Carnage of Krell

4.11. Kidnapped
4.12. Slaves of the Republic
4.13. Escape from Kadavo

4.14. A Friend in Need

4.15. Deception
4.16. Friends and Enemies
4.17. The Box
4.18. Crisis on Naboo

4.19. Massacre
4.21. Brothers
4.22. Revenge

5.02. A War on Two Fronts
5.03. Front Runners
5.04. The Soft War
5.05. Tipping Points

5.01. Revival
5.14. Eminence
5.15. Shades of Reason
5.16. The Lawless

5.17. Sabotage
5.18. The Jedi Who Knew Too Much
5.19. To Catch a Jedi
5.20. The Wrong Jedi

6.05. An Old Friend
6.06. The Rise of Clovis
6.07. Crisis at the Heart

6.01. The Unknown
6.02. Conspiracy
6.03. Fugitive
6.04. Orders

6.10. The Lost Ones
6.11. Voics
6.12. Destiny
6.13. Sacrifice

7.01. The Bad Batch
7.02. A Distant Echo
7.03. On the Wings of Keeradaks
7.04. Unfinished Business

7.09. Old Friends Not Forgotten
7.10. Phantom Apprentice
7.11. Shattered
7.12. Victory and Death
Yeah I already saw those season 3 episodes and was kinda meh on them

At this point I've watched so many bad episodes I might as well watch them all just for more context. I stopped right before the Umbara arc which I've heard was good.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I already saw those season 3 episodes and was kinda meh on them

At this point I've watched so many bad episodes I might as well watch them all just for more context. I stopped right before the Umbara arc which I've heard was good.
The Umbara arc is great but it's also mostly clone focused with one Jedi in it, so you might not enjoy it.

The arc after that one dealing with slavery features Anakin and co and is surprisingly dark.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Okay, so you can count on your hands which episodes from the first three seasons you'd recommend, which I don't find to be any worse than the movie output we've been provided. Not to mention you haven't seen the rest of the show.

Regardless, I'm not trying to persuade you to continue watching that show, as it's clear you don't give a shit about it. I maintain that The Clone Wars is just as good as the original trilogy and is worth a watch if you care about deepening your understanding of the period.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
The Umbara arc is great but it's also mostly clone focused with one Jedi in it, so you might not enjoy it.

The arc after that one dealing with slavery is surprisingly dark.
Well I like the clone stuff if there's good action in it and it's paired with non-clone characters. Like my favorite arc so far was the Geonosis one in season 2 I think it was.

Oct 28, 2017
Was it ever said that the bad batch don't have order 66 chips? Or are they just going to get removed somehow when shit goes down like Rex?

Infcabbage

Oct 28, 2017
Portland, Oregon
YES. I fucking love clone era shit. Really excited to see the aftermath of 66th through the viewpoint of clones who kinda fit outside of the norm.
Was it ever said that the bad batch don't have order 66 chips? Or are they just going to get removed somehow when shit goes down like Rex?
They might be mutated enough that the chip doesn't work as well on them, as they already don't really follow order well and have their own structure. And also their history of being sent on suicide missions could be evidence of the republic/sidious trying to get rid of them. I'm willing to bet 66 could possibly include orders to hunt them down/execute them, as any clone seen to refuse the order 66 is also marked for immediate execution. A lot of interesting stories to tell around this.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
I for one read the title right but for some reason my brain thought it was a Gremlins crossover since Gremlins 2 is subtitled "The New Batch".

Lot of potential with the Order 66 stuff. Just the idea of clones dealing with that is fascinating.

Media with a wandering crew like this are also good opportunities for lots of one-off characters/locales to expand the universe and lore. Mandalorian had some cool moments in that regard. I've gone on record lamenting that Solo was a movie instead of a 2-season TV special because its story was in such a place that could have allowed for so much more had there been breathing room. I hope they let the world happening around this Bad Batch share center stage a bit.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Hope this is a one season type of deal with and not a episodic show...
Though I seriously doubt it.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I feel like we have a lot of people forgetting here that we have a massive, highly popular, multi-bajillion dollar series set after RotJ going on right now? One that's poised to explore a lot about state of the universe in that era?

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like we have a lot of people forgetting here that we have a massive, highly popular, multi-bajillion dollar series set after RotJ going on right now? One that's poised to explore a lot about state of the universe in that era?
right, it feels pretty silly to complain about Lucasfilm only focusing on Clone Wars or the gap between III and IV when Mando is arguably the biggest thing going on in Star Wars right now.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't really like their arc, so I'm not super excited for this right now.

What I really don't want to see, though, is the Bad Batch eventually joining the Rebel Alliance. Please let them stay bad guys.